how i wish i can give them higher rating, but certain issues i noticed before are still present up to now.
the last time we got 2 deluxe/studio rooms. this time, they gave me 1 studio and the 1 bedroom suite upgrade, saying the studio category was fully booked. initially, front desk made me sign a voucher of 1,000 pesos per night for the room upgrade. having checked in at 11pm, i was not in the mood the question. i did question it from club astoria customer service thus the upgrade became complimentary. the lobby is still cramped, with seats for maybe 6 people only. check in and check out tends to be slow because astoria has sooo many extra steps than in other hotels and resorts and service apartments i've tried.
elevators are very fast, i've tried resorts like movenpick with similar number of floors but whose elevatorsmoves like a turtle compared to astoria's. corridors are tiled, thus noise emanates into the bedroom. the walls in the room seems to conduct noise, the noise from next door and the room above we could hear! whats up with these neighbors who seem to keep on moving their furnitures back and forth??
the 1 bedroom suite is spacious, aircons for all rooms are fantastic. the bathrooms are small, dated as someone else mentioned, with the warm colored lights adding to make it look much more dated. bathtub floor drains are still slow, and the soap they provide does not lather well. the econo control was about to pop out of the socket. it will eventually pop out and is a short circuit danger. i reported it on the 1st day stay and by my 4th day, it still was not fixed.
internet is spotty, and good for 1 user per room. the same with parking, 1 slot per room. breakfast was value for money with club astoria's buy 1 take 1, but airconditiong is not good. the gym has complete facilities but cramped. i estimate max of 5-6 users, beyond that is tight. there are two pools, watch out for the kids who love to jump into the pool. i used the gym, and looked out to the pool area in between workout sets.
i still like the 1 bedroom suite. spacious and complete kitchen. kitchen has a door to minimize cooking smell from entering the living/dining room area. the exhaust vent above the oven is very noisy and needs maintenance though. the tv in the master bedroom is too small and deserves to be changed bigger. tv prices nowadays have dropped for astoria to think of upgrading the bedroom's tv size. beds, pillows are comfortable and gives a good night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the progressive business and commercial district of Ortigas Center in Pasig City, Astoria Plaza offers new standards in urban living with all the space and comfort of home combined with the modern convenience of staying in a deluxe city hotel. Astoria Plaza's spacious accommodation options give you the freedom to choose between its one and two bedroom suites that boast of German technology door lock system, audio-video entry phone, cable TV and electronic safe. With complimentary internet connection provided, conducting business in your very own suite or keeping in touch with loved ones at home is a breeze and a welcome treat for Astoria guests. It is also within walking distance to leading shopping centres, malls, hospitals, universities and the metro railway transport system. Facilities include a gym, swimming pool, Regenere Spa and Massage Center, Santi's Delicatessen, Travelnet, Genesis Valet Shop and Laundry Services. Complimentary roundtrip shuttle service to and from Ortigas Business District is available with prior reservations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Astoria Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Plaza Pasig
- Astoria Plaza Hotel Pasig
- Astoria Plaza Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines