“Stayed twice and still want to go back”
Review of Astoria Plaza

Astoria Plaza
Ranked #10 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 1 January 2011

My first stay in Astoria was for my birthday in September 2010. A friend told me about Astoria before and when I checked their website, I was convinced to book online.

Took the 2-bedroom suite. The room was very really big (accdng to the website, about 120 sq m) and decided to call a friends over. The kitchen was working well, the room looked very modern. My friend (an interior designer) found the place nice. I did not expect to see a very clean, roomy place. They had friendly service. They called about our car and wanted us to move the parking nearer the hotel and was valet parked.

The second time I went was in November 2010, for my boyfriend's birthday. We were first given a two bedroom suite with queen beds, but the room was smaller, so we asked if we could move to the rooms further down the hall, just like we had in September. It had two bedrooms, 2 single beds for each. Tastefully-decorated, the walls painted nicely.

Breakfast buffet. Simple menu, but had a very decent egg station. :-)

Their website does not over-promise anything, so in effect, I expected less. It was waaay better than I expected. Would definitely go back next chance I get.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank pinaywalker

Reviewed 5 November 2010

I am a very tolerant traveler, so I didn't mind the black ants in the room. What made me write this review was the way I was treated on the last day of our stay at the condotel. On the last day of our stay I invited friends and relatives for lunch at the buffet line. When I initially checked in I was given a previlege card of availing 20% discount for food . No where on the card specifically state that it was only applicable to the first 6 guest. I asked for a copy of the restaurant's policy concerning the discount but I was given the run-around, was made to wait for the manager that never showed up. I needed to check out right after lunch so I ended up paying full price for my other guest.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cowboys2131
Reviewed 17 October 2010

I have stayed in Astoria more than 3 times this year already and the reason I keep coming back is I get a suite, with a bedroom, a bathroom, spacious living room, dining room and kitchen while paying an amount (prepaid booking via asiatravel.com) that would normally get a superior room with just a bed and bathroom. Located in the quiet part of Ortigas center it has a deli at the ground floor (Santi's) and walking distance to a convenience store. There are nearby restos which I have yet to try.

Rooms are generally clean. Though I got a room once that smelled of cigarettes in what I thought was a non-smoking floor. Bathrooms though need updating and maybe a thorough cleansing. Had a cockroach in the bathtub in one visit. Some receptionists need to be more welcoming to local guests.

Generally, good size for the price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank thursdayclub
Reviewed 16 October 2010

For value, this was a nice find. It is just off Shaw Boulevard in Ortigas. The building is new, large and busy. The decor was modern and the condo we had was spacious. It was clean and the price was right at around $72 a night for three people. We chose it as it has small lap pool.

The buffet breakfast was fine. Nothing special, but you could get eggs made to order.

We were lucky to get an exceptional view on the 23rd floor.It had big flat screen TVs. The front desk was quite active, but did their job.

At this price, in an area with lots of choices, it is fairly good option at this price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Goodpace
Reviewed 13 October 2010

booked through agoda..
its a very nice place its actually not a hotel,
they call it fully serviced residence something.. cant even remember,
but all in all it was a great stay, got a 1 bedroom suite and 2 bedroom suite for our wedding preparations stayed there for 2 nights then my dad together with mom,sister and grand daughter were staying in a different place but when they saw astoria they wanted me to book it for them for the next couple of days when they get back from boracay.
and so i booked another 1 bedroom suite for them and stayed 2 nights.
me and my husband now left his BAPE small duffel bag and they called to let us know that we left it in our room. that was really kind of the lady who found it. i was very very thankful. that bag was very loved by my husband. and im so happy it was found. thank you so much! very honest.
when we went to boracay there was a soft opening of astoria boracay,
its very nice but the one in ortigas i like better. we were walkin by the shore and all of a sudden theres this guy offering a free dinner buffet for my whole family then he was talkin about a presentation that they were gonna do after dinner. i thought that was just going to be like some sort of introduction about their hotels all over and all that so why not, right? but guess what? it was a time share crap that they were trying to get a lot of people signed up for. we werent so happy about it. we got dragged into listening to this time share bull. guess its not a free dinner at all. we worked hard for it 2 hours!
but anyway. really nice to stay at astoria plaza ortigas.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mclouise
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I've stayed at Astoria a number of times and have never been disappointed. The rooms are wide and spacious. We usually book a 1-bedroom suite which comes with its own kitchen, dining, and living rooms. The kitchen is equipped with all the necessary cooking appliances such as a stove and water heater, and even has pots, pans, plates and utensils ready. The room has its own DVD player and unlimited internet access. It was really a 'home away from home,' and some nights we would just buy food and ingredients from outside and cook in the comfort of our suite and eat while vegging in front of the tv.

Don't expect a 5-star spread from the breakfast. There's a bread station, omelet station, appetizers and salad, and a few simple entrees like rice, sausages, corned beef. It isn't too shabby though. The hotel also has a decent-sized pool and kiddie wading area and a modest gym. If you want to go explore outside, it would be best to take a taxi since there are no major tourist spots within walking distance. The hotel is located in a quiet neighborhood in the Pasig area which doesn't really make it readily accessible to tourist spots or malls or transportation hubs. So better just take a cab. The nearest malls are Shangri-la, Podium, and Megamall, which are around 15-20 minutes' drive away, and further down Ortigas Avenue is the fabulous bargain shopping center, Greenhills, which has LOADS of good and cheap finds (girls should make sure to check out the pearl and jewelry section there). There is also a cozy Ya Kun Kaya toast (a Singaporean coffee shop) just beside the hotel and a Mini-stop convenience store.

Service is great. All our requests for extra pillows, blankets, etc. were promptly attended to. Peak season for this hotel is usually during the local Christian Lenten season (in April) since the locals are on holiday and many come to this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank browneyedgirlManila
Reviewed 5 April 2010

I admire all the hardworking staff of Astoria Plaza. From Bellboys (Alvin to name a few), front office staff (Tere is always very helpful and pleasant), housekeeping, Business staff, Security, Food and Bev crew-all of them are very polite, courteous and genuinely very accommodating. Rooms are huge and nicely decorated. We were treated like VIP. Even shuttle service is superb. My 13 days stay there was worthwhile and will consider to use the place on our next visit.
Ping R. (Dingdong look alike) thanks for making our stay an enjoyable one.

Just wish that you will prohibit tenants to cook smelly food like seafood-hallways get very stinky degrading the ambiance of the hotel. Also it would be a better idea that bathtubs should have curtain liner underneath the shower curtain- water keeps splashing from outside---other than that everything is good. Housekeeping staff are very honest.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends