“The perfect hotel for a getaway within the Metro”

Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is one hotel that you'll surely love to stay at for that spur of the moment getaway.

We got the chance to stay here three (3) times already since last year. We already stayed at their Deluxe Room as well as their Junior Suite. Both rooms are just lovely and inviting.

The Deluxe Room is good enough for two adults. A third adult is possible although it might be a little cramped for all three adults. Basic room amenities are available.

The Junior Suite room on the other hand, is really spacious as there is a receiving area for your guests.

Overall, the rooms are just great. Comfortable for a good night's sleep or for just an all-day room lounging.

The Hotel is near Shangrila Mall, The Podium Mall and Megamall. A church is just across the hotel. It is a few minutes away from the Makati Central Business District. Just make sure you don't get caught in between the RUSH Hour. Near the MRT Station. Hailing cabs wouldn't be a problem.

Breakfast Buffet has a good variety of food. Efficient service from staff of the hotel. During Fridays and Saturdays, do go and visit the Mercato Night Market around the said vicinity. If you are a food junkie, you'd love it almost instantly.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank GreenBabble

Reviewed 27 August 2011

Richmonde is a small but nice hotel if you want to stay in the city and conveniently go to nearby malls when you feel like it. The rooms are comfy, and beds are sure to give you a good night's rest (I'm pretty particular with this since other hotel beds give me allergies!) The food's pretty decent and service is good. There's an indoor pool that's heated so you can have a relaxing swim anytime. Nice for business trips or small families.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank April L
Reviewed 22 August 2011

First of all, I booked the most standard room on Asiatravel.com on the night, and it was PHP4000. I booked around 7pm, and we went there straight around 10pm. I love Asiatravel for that.

When I got to reservations, it turns out that the room I paid for was unavailable, BUT thanks to their lovely customer service, I was upgraded to a deluxe for free! :)

Richmonde hotel has only 4 stars, but they do deserve it. I know others complain about their rooms, but honestly, Richmonde is the only place where you get a nice room with European design for that price. Want to go book at Holiday Inn or Galleria Crown instead? Well, go ahead, but I prefer Richmonde. Their lobby is nicer anyway. :P

So that was lovely customer service at the front desk. Nice impression. Oh and I didn't even print out my booking, just told them my name and all and didn't have to show my credit card.

So the room is not very spacious but I like how cozy it felt. Tub was tiny but honestly, didn't have problems.

Sleep was very good. No noise, no anything.

Then the next day, for breakfast, it turns out that I only booked for 1 person on Asiatravel! And I honestly didn't know, and then I was telling the manager I had no idea how the thing worked, and then I was telling my companion "You go eat, I'll wait for you" and then the F&B manager said, it's okay, we both go eat. THANK YOU for that. :) I like how when things go wrong, the customer isn't the one that has to suffer.

Because of those things, I enjoyed my stay and my restful sleep.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thejetsettress
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed here for a few days on business with a colleague

We had to go through an airport style metal detector and the hotel security which was a bit of a concern as this was my first time to manila- but the security did make me feel safer

The Hotel is a highrise and is to a 4/5 star standard- service was friendsly and efficient

The rooms were nice and modern and very well furnished with a huge bed and tv and views over manila

The facilities were first class with a huge indoor pool and a gym

The restaurant was great and the food very nice with good attentive service

The bar was a great place to relax after a days work and the service was great

Overall a great hotel with nothing that i could fault

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank AndrewDT
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Well, this was the second time I've stayed at the Richmonde. I was there last year. Upon checking out, there was an error in my billing that I had only noticed when I came back home. I emailed the hotel and my concerns were promptly addressed. I had a balance available so when I checked back in, I had some great breathing room in terms of my funds. They also UPGRADED me free of charge because the room I wanted wasn't available! That was a GREAT welcome back!
Everything was pretty much as is and my review from one year ago still stands. Yes its not perfect and I did notice there are some things that needed to be improved. (Some cracks in the pool, the carpeting, etc)
BUT, all those things are minor.
One major sticking point though is the availability of wireless within the hotel. Other hotels offer free wireless in the lobby or in certain areas. While its understandable that space is premium (the lobby is kinda small) and the hotel would not want a glut of guests crowding up the place, it still can get kind of hard to get access to the net other than pay for the wireless. It comes up to about 450 php, while negligible, its unreasonable if all a guest wants to do is check email, browse quickly and go on about their business.
There USED to be a netcafe nearby but it closed down so it really got hard. I had to walk to SM Megamall (4th floor) to do my thing.
Anyway, it would just be nice if they did offer that.
There's a Starbucks, 7-11, a couple of restos at the plaza nearby. There's even a great Thai Massage (legit) place that just opened up too.
They renovated the Richmonde Grille over the past year and I gotta say it looks a heck of a lot more... 'bright' and inviting. Oh, and the employees are AWESOME. Always so courteous and friendly! Two employees worthy of note, Joyce Valencia and Jena Tee who are at the Grille actually remember me! (after a year!).
That is remarkable.
Anyway, malls nearby, everything within walking distance, truth be told, I never really left the Ortigas area much, all because of my hotel location.
If you're planning to stay in Manila and you want a pretty great place to stay which is close enough to Makati and Quezon City (the MRT line nearby helps too), this is the place to stay in.
You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank kyper
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Booked a 2 bedroom suite. The "suite" was quite small considering it was a 2 bedroom compared to other hotels i've been to. Decor was really quite outdated; the furniture was begging to be replaced. There was an LCD in the living area but 2 really oldish looking tvs in each of the rooms with average cable. Shower in the bathtub is really not a plus with adequate toiletries. WIFI has a fee which is a downside and should be free. Breakfast was really so limited and uninspiring, i could have cooked a better bacon. Service and staff was okay not at all that too helpful or accommodating. I had food delivered and i had to get it myself in the service area (not in the lobby) and not once was i asked if i needed help tho i really looked like i did. The hotel is really too small. But it's price was okay, i think i could have gotten a better hotel with same price in the area. Location is excellent though. walking distance to SM Megamall and a little farther off Shangrila Mall. Lots of cabs and Mass taxis (Shared FX Cabs). There is no smoking lounge, just the one at the entrance. A bit disconcerting. Really this hotel was rather small. and service and food could be better. Average stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LifeAsMrsRobles
Reviewed 15 July 2011

Stayed 3 nights in my business trip last week. This was my second stay (previous one was back to year 2008) and everything remain same as last stay.

Room:
i) Reno is quite dated and cleanliness could be better.
ii) 1 bottle of distilled water as complimentary though my client mentioned 2 occupants.
iii) Wifi at cost. PHP450 for 24 hrs which is quite reasonable.

Restaurant at 1st floor:
i) Breakfast lack of choices but sufficient.
ii) Reno is good for business discussion.
iii) Waitresses/waiters are polite and they didn't disturb us while our discussion had exceed the breakfast period and other diner are ready to take their lunch here. I had discussion from 0930 - 1330 without disturb. Excellent place and service.

Room Tip: Please ask for front view room. Rear room just have nothing to enjoy.