“"Excellent Stay"”

Richmonde Hotel Ortigas
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I could not fault this hotel. They had a well groomed front desk staff, a very smooth check-in, a lovely room with a nice city view, soft beds (twin), and a perfect location. It's walking distance to restaurants, 24hr stores and Mall. We had dinner at Inasal restaurant which is close and at a very reasonable price and went to a very huge Mall, MEGAMALL. Got tired walking though.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: It's good they have a parking lot as it's hard to find a parking space around Ortigas.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

This isn't the first time I checked-in in this hotel, and relatively, I've had good experience here--except for this one.

First off, I didn't get the best reservation experience as I called. The person who took my call didn't seem too happy that I am checking-in and was a returning guest in the hotel. But good job still in getting me a room even though I reserved on the afternoon I needed the room.

As I got in the parking premises, me and my companion were informed by security to park either in B1 or 2. We went around and noticed there was no more parking slots left. We went down to B3 and 4 but the slots were blocked with signages, indicating that only the owners were allowed to park. So we had to go back to B1-2, go around for a few minutes, and waste precious and expensive gas.

We would have appreciated assistance the moment we came in, or at least an FYI that there were no more slots left and we can avail of valet parking. Apparently, the hotel had an event and for such situations, they usually allot slots for those who bring cars for the event and for those who'll check-in. For some reason, they werent able to do that this time, but I dont know why it had to be our problem.

At least the valet person who assisted us was very accommodating and friendly though. Fast check-in and accommodating concierge as well.

Coming into our floor, I notice that this hotel really shows "signs of aging," and it's not aging quite well. I hope they're making improvements--they probably are in some areas, as their pool is closed. Hmm.. Could have requested for discount given this. Or at least better service to compensate?

As we enter the room, I notice it seems bare and bland--lighting was a bit dark, free water and pair of slippers for just 1 person, and there's this consistent smell of cigarette smoke, when I specifically requested for a non-smoking room.

Breakfast was okay. Check-out was fast and efficient as well.

Overall, not the greatest hotel experience. Would have given a lower rating if not for the above average customer service provided.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We booked thru expedia for 2 adults and 2 children age 7 and 11 for 5 nights, special advance purchase, non refundable. The booking confirmation showed 2 adults, 2 children, breakfast buffet and two twin beds. we picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews, for its breakfast buffet, location and a pool for the kids. upon check in we were told that the breakfast buffet was not included in the price for the children and that the 1/2 price for kids is 315php each. We argued to no avail that it did it not say that on expedia. Their pool is also closed which was also not mentioned on their website. When we entered our room it had 2 single beds. So we went back down stairs and were told that they don't have rooms with two twin beds. We showed them our reservation confirmation again to no avail. They then supposedly upgraded us to a deluxe room (our previous room was a superior) but we could not see a a difference. It still had two single beds and they set up an extra rollaway bed. The room had two bath towels, we phoned for 2 more. But we're brought only 1 more (?). So in short they expected 4 people to sleep on two single beds and share 2 towels! We have been in the Philippines 3 weeks. This is the 4th hotel we have checked into and never once have we had these many problems. We have traveled to many countries and have used Expedia many times in the past. We are not first time travelers and read the terms and conditions very carefully when choosing and booking a hotel. Some booking websites like asiatravel will tell you that kids of certain ages can stay for free but no extra bedding or breakfast will be provided. This hotel did not say any of those things on expedia. Not at all recommended.

Room Tip: choose another hotel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank Scar3crow
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Conveniently located, very near SM Megamall. Staff are very good. Rooms are a bit dated but otherwise OK. The breakfast buffet could use some improvement though.
I think their nice looking pool is perpetually closed. There was a sign which says it would reopen a long time ago.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

My mom and I stayed here for a night perhaps last year or two years ago, I can't just remember. People are friendly. The hotel facilties are indeed nice and worth the money, not to mention that its location is highly convenient. It's easy to get a cab and it's a 10-minute walk from SM MegaMall and Shangri-la Mall (two of the biggest, most complete, and famous malls in the country).. You can take a walk and you`ll easily find a few coffee shops, salon, and fastfood resto. Food may not be that delicious, though and room service isn't very quick. If you're requesting for a hot beverage, give them at least 30 minutes. Pool is okay, fitness facilty's averagely nice. The surrounding has this business-like ambiance.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed here with colleagues on business for a week in September.

Good prearranged hotel car service from the airport and on a Sunday it only took 30 mins. Normally it's an hour. On arrival the staff are friendly and the check in very efficient.

The room on the 20th floor was dated, but clean and comfortable. Wifi connection is reliable, but a little slow and is single device only.

Plenty of choice at breakfast, although many of the "hot buffet" items were, in reality, stone cold. The egg station makes good omelettes though, and then brings them to you at your table so you don't have to stand around waiting.. Good freshly brewed coffee too.

Breakfast staff were friendly and, by the end of the week, one lady had taken the trouble to remember our names which was nice.

Room service was good, and the food served to the room seemed to arrive hotter than the food served to our table in the restaurant in the evenings. Strange!

In the evenings the restaurant was very quiet and lacked any atmosphere. Food was okay, but nothing special. There are plenty of good alternative restaurants in the area, many of them in the various shopping malls within a few minutes walk of the hotel.

The hotel bar offers a happy hour from 6 until 9. For a fixed price per person you get beer and snacks, but make sure you get the staff to explain how it works with the drinks, it's not as straightforward as you'd expect.

The swimming pool was closed for refurbishment when we stayed.

The hotel seems good value for money, it's not the cheapest but offers about the right balance of cost versus quality and service. I'd stay here again for business.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I had a scheduled company conference at this hotel, and I called in a day before to ask for a space to pump milk for just 15-20 mins 2-3x for the duration of the whole day conference. The staff promptly told me I can pump in the washroom! how embarrassing! I know the Philippines has a long way to go in support of breastfeeding mommies, but I expected better from a well-rated hotel in Ortigas!

2  Thank ruby m