“over priced for what you get”

The Exchange Regency Residence Hotel
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Bairnsdale, Australia
“over priced for what you get”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

this hotel while in reasonable shape is not worth the money. the bathrooms in some rooms are so small you cant even open the door all the way and then you have to wriggle around the toilet to get the door shut so you can get to the shower not a good impression. bell boys and security did all they could to help but counter staff need to learn some manners. i wont be staying here again at these rates

Room Tip: rooms in Q floor seem to have the tiny bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank johnno46

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not a 4 Star by standard. Let me start at check-in with the receptionists being unfriendly and I un-accommodating but thanks to the bell boys who were always smiling and willing to help (especially the night guard). The hallway stinks with dirty laundry or sweat perhaps coming from the residential rooms (we stayed at 9N). The toilet is not very impressive at all.. dirty tiles and not enough toilet rolls. The pool were totally inaccessible due to on-going construction. The breakfast was ok but went terrible on the last day. The restaurant staff had to humiliate us by asking if we did pay at the reception despite of the tickets/stubs presented that's enough for the number of guests (their record showed only 2 guests but we paid for 3 and were given 3 tickets), the staff could have confirmed the reception beforehand and maybe check the night receptionist as they were the ones who processed the payment instead of asking us over and over again. Again, the breakfast was ok but still below the expectations for a 4 star hotel. It's not worth the value of the money paid to be honest

• Stayed August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2013

A hotel that looked good but was beyond incompetent. There was a crew conducting maintenance in the room next to mine that assumed would end soon after I checked in at 8pm. It didn't and I complained about for 3 hours. On my third phone call I was told the crew was gone. 30 minutes later--at almost 1 in the morning--I was awakened by banging and a slamming door. The management was incapable of remedying the problem. I finally had to leave my room at 2:00 and take all of my luggage to the lobby and demand to be moved.

The worst hotel experience I have had in the past decade.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank William T

Travellers are raving about these Pasig hotels

Las Pinas
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The rooms in this hotel are similar to a condo. Though not very spacious, the rooms are cozy and comfortable. Inclusive breakfast at neighboring restaurant was surprisingly good. Definitely a steal for the price you pay.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank pamdizon
KL
Reviewed 3 September 2013

First stayed in the hotel for 3 nights. It's definitely not a 4 star quality although it was relatively new and clean. I have to complain about lack of sound proofing from the noise of the corridor. I could hear your fellow guests from inside my room. One morning a guy from across my room opened his door and cursed because there was noise in the early morning. There was also noise from the construction next door. My first room's laminated flooring was kinda of waxy and felt dirty. There was also no press iron and broad in the room.

My second stay was better perhaps because it was a Sunday night with less people and the room although smaller slight in size compared to my previous room was comfortable and clean. The laminated flooring was also not waxy.

Breakfast was ok at Mario's although the spread was not wide. Overall I found all the staff sufficiently filipino polite.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Picton, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Hotel is not as good as you see in the pics. My room was ok but my other two mates shared a room and they never had hot water. They had cold and extra cold. They complain several times and it was never fixed. There was also a very high charge as our plane from Darwin landed at 5 am. To be able to check in at 8 am we all got high surcharges, we had to pay them as we were exhausted and we really needed to sleep. Also far from everything and traffic and congestion in Manila is horrible. Try to stay in a hotel close to we're you are planning to go. Staff was very respectful and friendly but most Phillipines people are very polite and friendly. They are beautiful people always wiling to serve and smile. If you hate the sound of a window AC that won't let you sleep don't stay here. Reminded me of the mining camps in Australia where AC rattles over your head and wake you up and prevent you from sleeping. If you turn it off it's so hot and humid you can't sleep and if you leave it on the noise does the same is a lose lose situation.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Washington, UK
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Stayed here in room 9N twice within the same week; we wanted to be in the Ortegas area and this is a good choice for that. Arrived late in the evening, was checked in quickly and I added an extra guest to our room for 1500 PHP inc breakfast.

Breakfast was a joke, you have to go around the corner of the hotel to an awful cafe to be greeted by a rude waitress and there are very few choices that are not even replenished. You cannot possibly sell this as a breakfast buffet of a four star hotel.

On one morning the delightful waitress insisted that we paid for one of the breakfasts despite we had given her three coupons. I told her to sort this out with the hotel; in turn when I arrived back to the hotel I got questioned about how many people were in our room and if we had an extra bed. Information which was all known to them, I told them I wasn't impressed with this treatment but no apology was forthcoming.

On one day they completely shut the pool down due to construction works next door. In any case it has a temporary roof covering which looks ugly. So Im not sure why it was necessary to close it and inconvenience the guests.

I think they don't have too much concern for guests, it is a condo-hotel where only a small number of rooms are used for overnight stays. I'm just wondering how they got a four star rating - the best thing about it was a 24 hour family mart next door which was handy for drinks and snacks.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends