“A treasure at the end of the street”
Review of Hai Chix & Steaks

Hai Chix & Steaks
Ranked #255 of 460 Restaurants in Pasig
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Manila, Philippines
“A treasure at the end of the street”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

It's a hush hush place but a secret this good cannot be kept a secret long. They serve a lot of seemingly good stuff but I got to try their Porterhouse steak, Ribeye steak, Hainanese Chicken rice and Gambas. The first time I went with a bunch of friends, the Porterhouse steak was a little tough. The taste was there for sure but the steak was not cooked right. The Gambas was very good and that one was cooked perfectly. Their Hainanese chicken is the best I've had. I'm a fan of this dish since my first visit to Sg and so far, the supposedly big wigs in Manila serving this have not been impressive. Together with Toast Box, for me this resto serves the best Hainanese Chicken rice at very fair price of less than P300 per set (chicken, rice and sauces). That's big enough to make one full. The second time I went, I tried the Ribeye (P1,650 for 650g good for 2), 1 Hainanese chicken rice. We were a group of three and the food was just enough since the steak also had 2 steak rice and corn and carrots with it. My friends loved it. The steak tasted fantastic and it was perfectly cooked this time. They were very impressed especially since they have not heard about the restaurant and yet the food was good. They also agree that they served the best Hainanese Chicken rice. For a group of three, our bill was around P2,200 without drinks. It may seem a little bit on the pricey side but with this kind of ribeye steak served, it actually comes out pretty cheap. That's about P750/pax for the steak we ordered. In other places that serve this kind of steak, it's actually more expensive. The place is a challenge to find but once you do, get ready to eat some great chix and steak.

• Visited May 2013