“Do you want a real deal relaxation? Ace Water Spa is the place to be”
Review of Ace Hotel & Suites

Ace Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Pasig
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've seen Ace Water Spa a number of times on TV. The moment I had a sight of it, I already desired to go there. It took a long while for me to go there, due to some pressing concerns.
Finally! I was able to go with my sister and a personal acquaintance. I tell you, it's worth the wait.
The place is squeaky clean, the staff are courteous and very professional. The water temperature is warm enough that makes the body feel more relaxed. It has a steaming room and sauna as well. The shower rooms have shampoo and conditioner dispenser. There is a dressing cubicle apart from the shower cubicles. You wouldn't have to worry that your towel and clothes are going to get wet. On the shower room dresser, there are hair blowers and a desk fan.
Safety is also guaranteed because there are lockers available.
Lastly the food is superb.... I can't wait to go back there again....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank makeupsavvy

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

New hotel with excellent service.Every staff member is extremely polite and helpful.For me that was what made the difference.
I didn't try the spa but a lot of people knew about it- not guests -so I guess it must be good.
Very clean and no strange noises from the room or outside.
However mind the traffic!Pasig is not easy when it comes to moving around.Still if you plan well and leave a bit earlier on rush hours it's not an issue.
Will go back there again .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We booked two weeks in advance for two deluxe rooms and had an overnight stay just a week ago at this hotel. There was a long line upon checking in so we waited for 30 minutes before we were shown to our 'temporary room' at the suite floor, because our deluxe rooms were not yet ready. The 30 minute waiting was followed by another two and a half of waiting with 3 follow-up calls to the staff to inquire about the readiness of our rooms. During those times, the four of us were not able to leave our room because we were promised that the rooms would be ready within one hour. My sister-in-law had a similar experience with other hotel before, but the hotel quickly rectify their mistakes by upgrading their room immediately upon checking in, and not asked their guests to wait. When we were finally shown to our deluxe room, only one was available. So, we had no choice but to leave our baggages in that one room and made double trips downstairs to pick up the key card when the other room was finally available. It's pretty clear that the receptions do not know how to handle situations like this, and let their guests suffer instead of rectifying the situation as early as possible. I'm very disappointed with our stay in this hotel, and hope that other guests don't have to suffer like we did.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms on the 17th floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Riz C
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Photos to be posted later.

We decided to try out this hotel when a Metro Deal promo became available, ie, a Deluxe Room (twin) for PhPesos 4550 instead of the regular Php 6550. Check-in time: 2pm, check-out 12noon.

The package included:
2 free tickets to the popular Ace Water spa water park in the same building,
discounts to a nail salon a traditional massage service all found in the same building
2 complimentary glasses of red wine at the Sky High Bar on top of the building
2 buffet breakfasts
a bottle of red wine
3 oranges
free overnight parking for one car

We were given Room 808 on the same floor as the breakfast buffet. Pretty convenient.

The hotel is fairly new, so no shabbiness issues. I liked the rooms--we added an extra bed for our son. I especially appreciated the amenities and the international-standard electrical outlets which could accept all types of plugs, including 2 USB ports for charging tablets and phones. So considerate and convenient.

The bathroom was great as you will see from the photos. Quite a roomy shower stall. Fancy two-headed shower, although the water pressure was not strong enough to drive the big impressive umbrella type showerhead. Not a biggie, since the showers in the water park and the water park itself had all the pressure we needed.

Toilet had a bidet. Free shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shower caps etc etc. There was a hair dryer as well and an international, multiple-socket electrical outlet.

Airconditioning was quiet and cooled the room pretty quickly. Beds were firm and comfortable and we all slept very well. The TV was on cable and it also had various HDMI and other ports, so I was able to hook my mini tablet to it and watch a few movies.

I enjoyed the views from both our room and the bar. It was an overcast day but I still could see Laguna de Bay in the distance.

Food was not great though and there was no room service. We tried both their restaurant and the bar. Ordered a spaghetti and meatballs and the sauce was cloyingly sweet and for the sweet-toothed Philippines. Happy hour at the bar (it was a Friday) was from 5 to 8 pm but again the cocktails were too sweet and I had to talk to the bartender when I could hardly taste the alcohol.

Cons:
You need to use two different elevators to go to the rooms and the parking area.

There is free wifi but the bandwidth is narrow, the service very patchy. I was not even able to open Facebook and managed to check my email only once.

No room service. The food is nothing to write home about. We should have just bought food at the big supermarket just across the street.

Service: the front desk and staff were friendly. They greeted us with ready smiles and looked eager to please. Yes, despite these and our speaking the same languages, there were some annoying communication problems.

They need to better trained in terms of providing correct information.

For example, we had to ask three times before getting an answer to whether rooms were available for Friday. First person said no rooms available. Second person said rooms available for Thursday but none for Friday and Saturday. Finally, I asked, "Can we check in on Friday?" And the answer was, Yes.

Second example, at the bar. I asked two waiters whether there was a happy hour. Neither could answer. I had to check a poster in the lobby to find out it was from 5 to 8 pm.

I also asked a waiter what the ingredients were in their Gin Sling. His answer: Gin. I had to ask what else.

The worst example was when I asked about the parking policy. Two days before we checked in, we called to ask what the fees were for parking a SECOND car overnight. We were told that this was not allowed. Fine.

A day before check-in, we personally asked a lady at the front desk the same question. We were told there was a flat rate of 45 pesos, so we were surprised but extremely pleased.

Check-in day, I read a poster at the parking entrance that said 300+ pesos for overnight parking. So I went to th front desk again to complain about the wrong information we were given that day before. The same lady was there and she apologized quite nicely, adding that since we were given the wrong info, they would stand by the 45-peso flat rate. Then, she took down the license plates of both our cars.

Check-out day. As we settle the bill, there is a different set of people at the front desk. No one had been briefed about the parking issue so they tried to charge us for the second car. We said that we had registered the plate numbers but no one could find the document. Delayed us for over an hour and we even saw some people in the front desk consulting the chief bellhop! Of course, he was clueless too.

Ruined what could have been a relaxing refreshing stay,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank indioink
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I booked Ace so I can have a great experience for my last few days of my stay in Manila and Ace did not disappoint me. Our room was clean and tidy. There were welcome wine and fruits. Great bathroom and toiletries. Complimentary spa, discounts, glass of wines at the skybar. The bed and pillows are new. Breakfast buffet has massive choices and the restaurant accommodates requests. I should have stayed here from the very beginning of my stay. It's worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a one night staycation at Ace and it was more than what I expected. The quality of service exceeded what I paid for. Staff were welcoming and checkin was quick. Even if my friend and I just had backpacks, they still carried our bags to the room.

The room was more spacious than I expected and it was very clean and cozy. Bed and pillows were good too.

The water spa experience was also great, it was well maintained and there were a lot of life guards going around to ensure safety.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank pipots
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Spend my birthday at this hotel with my family. Great hotel! Still looks new, facilities are good especially the water spa. Staff were friendly and helpful. Welcome drinks were provided in their small lobby. We stayed overnight at the deluxe twin room. Clean and cozy, spacious enough for 4people. Complete room amenities plus complimentary fruits and small red wine bottle. WIFI is not that great though, we struggle to connect and its kinda slow. Plenty of sockets to charge your gadgets. Water Spa was awesome. You get to use it for a limit of 4hours, but 2hours is actually good enough already. Rainfall acupuncture, scented hot tubs and steam bath was my favorite! All pools are heated by the way (even the lap pool) except for the ice pool of course which is meant to be freezing cold. Complimentary buffet breakfast was excellent! They served more than i imagined for a 3star hotel. Overall, worth the money you will spend!

Oh one major thing, our baggage was left by the bellboy in the taxi when we arrived though they recovered it immediately and apologize, it's a big NO NO. The bellboy looks like an intern so just be aware about that.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Irene Victoria D
ACEWATERSPA, Manager at Ace Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear Irene Victoria D,

It is indeed a pleasure that you have chosen Ace Hotel & Suites for your Birthday Celebration. We have managed to produce proper training's and orientation for all our team members to ensure quality of service. We thank you also for giving your feedback for it is an opportunity for us to improve more as well.

Thank you and looking forward in seeing you again here,

The Management