I spent a week here in June 2014, but apparently the hotel will not be officially opened until July.
It is well located for where I wanted to be, near our branch office and near the customers.
There are a lot of problems some of them well I guess be fixed, others I'm not so sure. The main ones for me, in no particular order are:
1) Gym not open - And there's no way I'm going outside for a run (heat, humidity and above all pollution)
2) Crazy lift system - There is no call button and they have someone on every floor 24/7 to call the lift operators on a Walky Talky - Very inefficient
3) Top floor Bar not open – I guess this will be fixed.
4) Beer served in a can! – How can a 4 star hotel serve a Heineken in a can???
5) Construction work in hotel – Some mornings on leaving the room there was a fog of dust from polishing floors or something. This is really unhealthy and had several of us causing allergy problems
6) The guy at the airport picking me up decided to wait in another place from where all the other hotel reps are – Not too smart
7) On the two occasions I ordered room service they made a mistake both times – The first night they forgot the prawn on the “Caesar Salad with Prawns” (didn’t spot it when he brought it up and couldn’t be bothered to complain) and the second they brought White wine instead of Red (caught that one in time)
8) Crazy electrical system, after a week in the room I still hadn’t mastered the lighting switches.
9) In the restaurant while we were eating the buffet the waitress offered to prepare a lobster. What she didn’t tell us was that it wasn’t included in the buffet.
10) The working space in the room is just below the AC outlet. After an hour or so there I was frozen!
11) Did I mention the beer coming in the can already?
However there are a lot of good points as well:
1) Big, clean, comfortable, well equipped room: Multi format sockets, Nespresso machine
2) Big comfortable bed
3) Buffet food excellent (we really needed the gym after overeating there)
4) A wine buffet!
5) Friendly helpful staff
6) No problems giving me a late checkout
In summary it could be a great hotel when it’s finished, but they need to work on the details
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- After two decades, a welcome transformation to the Ortigas skyline is finally unveiled with the opening of the brand new Marco Polo Ortigas Manila. Nestled in the vibrant and growing commercial business district is the first purpose-built 5-star Marco Polo hotel in the country offering distinguished guests 316 large and well-designed rooms and suites, including two (2) Continental Club floors that accords unrivalled privileges and benefits. Adjudged to be the most beautiful in town and one of the best among Marco Polo hotels in the world, it is exclusive for guests who desire a higher level of luxury on top of our impressive new Continental Club lounge. The hotel, a product of sophisticated design and well-planned development, is bestowed as the first sky hotel in the country with dedicated floor areas exclusively for business and recreational use. The floors are accessed via high-speed elevators including a wellness hub called Flow which houses a full-service spa, indoor infinity pool and fully-equipped fitness center plus the first sky lobby in the Philippines nestled at the 25th level of the hotel tower offering unparalleled views of the cityscape.Adding to Manila's best dining destinations are four (4) specialty outlets that your guests can choose from. Cucina, the all-day dining restaurant that features live show kitchens; Lung Hin , the contemporary Chinese restaurant serving traditional and authentic Cantonese cuisine in a new, fresh and modern style; Cafe Pronto, the relaxed and friendly coffee area offering a wide range of designer coffee, specialty teas and freshly baked items good for dine-in or to go; and VU's, the first of its kind sky bar and lounge located at the topmost 45th floor of the hotel, offers Mediterranean tapas, signature cocktails, wines, sprits, and champagnes amidst awe-inspiring vistas.For momentous social events and corporate meetings, the Marco Polo Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 600 guests. In addition, the eight (8) state-of-the-art function rooms can accommodate 250 guests. Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi internet service is available all throughout the hotel to provide savvy business and leisure travelers a balanced lifestyle of work and play seamlessly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotelopia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Marco Polo Ortigas Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marco Polo Ortigas Manila Metro Manila/Pasig, Philippines