“Comfort food always”

Cuisines: Philippine, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Dishes are unique, but I could say it's comfort food just the way I like it. The other unique part of this resto is the interior decor---very artistic and creative, full of colors that will never make you feel bored. The desserts here are also superbe.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am from the U.S. and a friend brought me here. I was blown away by the food. The taste and presentation was delightful. I thought the decor was whimsical. They look like antique collections beautifully put together. Service was great. They had their awards displayed in the entrance. So you know this place has been recognized for their food. Value was awesome. We spent close to $50 US dollars. Not bad for three people eating in a fancy place and we ordered a lot. I am familiar with Filipino cuisine but their food seems to have a modern flair to it. Try the desserts. They are to die for!

1  Thank NetNet030
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Though there are WAY too many things on the menu, the food here is actually really good. Save for a few misses (very strange pakbet salad), everything else seems to be spot on.

They should forget the pan-Asian cuisine and stick to Filipino food, which is what they do best. Laing is great, crispy pata also (pork lovers only), shrimps in coconut milk were overcooked, bagnet salad also great (yes, in the Philippines we out fried pork in our salads). Local food isn't the best for vegetarians, but I'm guessing if you're looking for veggies only you might find something in the pan-Asian part of the menu. Maybe.

The decor looks like a very gay man and a belly dancer exploded into a restaurant, but somehow the quality of the furniture shines through.the story of this restaurant, really. It's as if the original Juanita's (which was just across the street and way better) still lives on, but is somehow in danger of disappearing underneath a lot of unnecessary "improvements". Hopefully, the owners will figure out that keeping it simple need not be boring. Too much variety is also a death sentence.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Cafe Juanita is the best restaurant I have been when on my stay in the Phillipines. I was blown away by the different flavors and the nice and cosy ambient. I will definitely go there next time I am around. Try the Crispy Pata, by far the best one I had.

1  Thank Inputflip
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Unique experience for authentic Philippines food. Decor is amusing with Buddha and streamers everywhere. The staff are also lovely as always.