All reviews olives restaurant infinity pool poro point pizza la union beach area beach club deluxe room buffet breakfast is basketball court rain shower the south china sea worth the price overlooking the sea complimentary bottled water company outing san fernando
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The place has a very nice view overlooking the sea. For the rest it is an ok place for the price you pay. Good for a few nights when doing business or like to gamble but I wouldn't stay here for vacation with my kids. The only activity for them would be to play in the pool. In this part of Luzon you will find some great beach resorts where you can spend some time with similar great views and similar good food. Some of them a bit cheaper without much less to offer. Granted, the rooms are nice and spacious but there is no gym so all with all just about OK.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Travel12370
tbrphilippines, Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2011

Dear Travel12370,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts!

Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your experience in our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable to us as it enables us to improve our products and services.

We appreciate your comment about the gym and rest assured that this will be considered in future renovations.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely yours,
Therese G. Samala
Hotel Quality Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2011

We travelled to Poro Point last September 16 to 18. It took us 7 hours to get there. Part of the drive is to stop for a meal and shopping at SM. We decided to take the trip because of the many good reviews I read about the place. The place is a Peninsula, it's surrounded by water but it's very hot. It's still in the development stage. They only have 16 rooms available, I think, but the rooms are big with 2 double beds, my room has a jacuzzi. Not much to see yet outside but the room certainly made up for the lack of it. The breakfast was also nice, buffet. Beside the hotel is a casino ( sadly we do not play) but they have a nice restaurant and their food is very good. The trip was an adventure.

Room Tip: Request a room on the 2nd floor, it has a balcony and the view is nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mercedita M

Dear Mercyuy

Greeting from Thunderbird Resorts!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice for your stay last September 16-18, 2011 and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We were pleased to read that you had an overall enjoyable stay. Your kind words and comment about the food and buffet have been shared with the whole team. Such commendations are what certainly encourages our staff to keep up the good work.

We truly hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again. For your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Sincerely yours,
Therese G. Samala
Hotel Quality Manager

Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed for 3d2n here and it was brilliant. Although it was raining the whole time, our stay was made brilliant by the beauty of the place and the friendliness and superb assistance of the staff. We want to back here in summer.

• Stayed: August 2011
5  Thank Jamdv
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Been here just today. The place is awesome!
What I like about the place:
Hospitable and courteous crews
Buffet breakfast
Amenities like free kayak, bicycle, pool, internet, half court basketball court.
Very nice rooms
Place is amazing.
Jog @ 5:30am and the place is so peaceful.
Food is great!
Buy one Take one beer!

What i didn't like:
A bit pricey, but come on! i enjoyed my stay! so it's ok.
Too distant. I just want to check out the place and it's 4-5 hour drive from Manila.

Overall, a nice place to stay and relax!

2 thumbs up!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank j3ffry
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The view was perfect. The room for the disabled (wheelchair-bound) came with a bathroom with a roll-in shower that was just right, the best in terms of size and design. There were thoughtful touches for the guest like fruits and chocolates. Food served in the hotel is quite good but a cheaper alternative can be had a shuttle bus ride away to the casino. The personnel who cleaned our room were nice as were the people in the restaurant. What bothered me was reservations. I made one via a call from Manila only to find out they had promo rates available that were a lot lower. I was not extended those rates. Booking through a travel agent could be cheaper too but getting rooms is rather difficult. The place is always fully booked! The drive was long but well worth it. The beach wan't very good, a tad rocky and not wide.

• Stayed: May 2011