“Enjoyed it very much”

Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Being a golf nut it was not hard for me to enjoy Thunderbird. Played golf everyday and then relaxed with my girlfriend in the afternoon and evening, enjoying the quiet and nice food. Recommended especially if you play golf..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cameron B

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My boyfriend and I both love golf so we really enjoyed our weekend at Thunderbird. But I think it may be a bit boring if you did not enjoy playing golf. Accommodation good and service OK. We'll go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Papperg,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts!

Thank you for taking time writing your feedback here at TripAdvisor, and I am happy to know that you enjoyed your golfing weekend with us.

With our existing facilities that we do offer within the resort such as total relaxation at Zapphira Spa, unwind and swim at our infinity pool, try your luck at the Fiesta Casino, and we also provide bicycles for our guest who wish to stroll around the boardwalk, I am glad to inform you that our resort is coming up with several new recreational activities which will be happening anytime soon.

Please feel free to contact me thru my mobile phone (0908) 815-8892 or e-mail me at mlanuza@thunderbird-asia.com.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

These hotel has some nice villas. We stay at a 3 bedrooms villa. We went around the resort but nothing to do. A casino and a golf course, that's it. They should put up some activity for come on. food in hotel not bad.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank PCT555

Dear PCT555,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay in one of our villas. I am happy to inform you that we are currently building more villas and rooms within the property.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went in this hotel to check the place so I can decide if i will stay but the security personnel didn't allow me to enter as I ask if I can enter and have a tour on the place. So disappointed as I watch the beauty of the hotel at the distance...I will never ever step on foot on this place..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Tanatalus D
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Tantalus D,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your recent experience with regards to our new security entrance policy.

I do hope that you will still consider visiting our beautiful resort someday and I will be glad to personally show you around our property.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel's Santorini-inspired architecture is beautiful. The rooms are clean and spacious (though showing a few signs of aging). The staff are courteous and helpful. The amenities are ok as I find the pool a little small. The sand on the beach is on the rocky side. We did enjoy their water gun activity and we were able to hit some balls in the driving range.

The breakfast buffet is good. Spread is just right and food is delicious. I enjoyed the view of the ocean while we were having breakfast.

The resort is just a short drive away from San Juan Surfing School.

Stayed: June 2014
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear Twisted_Travelholic,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I highly appreciated your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us. I am happy to know that that we were able to meet your expectations.

I am glad that you enjoyed our WATERFUN gun game, one of the unique activities that Thunderbird Resorts offers. In addition, I would like to take this opportunity to inform you that we will be coming up with more recreational activities soon in our resort.

I am looking forward in welcoming you back on your next visit here in La Union.
Please do not hesitate to contact me thru my mobile phone (0908) 815-8892 or e-mail me at mlanuza@thunderbird-asia.com.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Took me a while in booking a vacation in the resort. Accommodation always full. Place is great, very clean, friendly staff, buffet breakfast the best.
Although very limited menu, food is great but a little pricey. renovation on going when I visited the place. Beach is good but small.

Room Tip: Choose the ocean view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
tbrphilippines, General Manager at Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Lito R,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.
Thank you for your time for sharing your experience here in our property. I highly appreciated your positive feedback with your overall experience from our resort. I am delighted to inform you that there are several developments, such as expansion of our room accommodations, recreational activities, events center, and a lot more. We also have recently changed and upgraded our food menus from our restaurants

I am looking forward in welcoming you back on your next visit to La Union.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Thunderbird resort is a fairly modern motel type facility next to a small Filipino casino near San Fernando Luzon. The casino mainly attracts people from the hill regions of Luzon. The Thunderbird motel is a clean and relatively modern facility, at Poro Point. The isolated location of the motel and casino means that there is no nearby public transport or taxis so any movement to or from the place needs a long car journey on dangerous roads. The rooms are wildly over-priced presumably due to lack of competition for modern accommodation in the area. The car services supplied by the motel is also wildly over-priced with cheaper rates available locally. The place seems designed for short family or group vacations, with no relevant facility for couples, business or long-stay customers. The swimming pool is only suitable for young children and lacks shade. The beach also lacks shade and is not clean or well maintained. The rooms are clean but the local water and electricity supply are weak and not reliable. The bath and shower are therefore useless with water pressure being best described as a weak dribble. The restaurants are poorly serviced with poor to average food and badly trained staff.

Room Tip: Not suitable for business travelers or couples
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Scot_Aussie31

Dear Scott_Aussie13,

Greetings from Thunderbird Resorts.

I appreciate your constructive feedback that you have shared here in TripAdvisor.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for us not meeting your expectations during your stay in our resort. I am glad to inform you that our property is coming up with several developments that will more entice guests to visit our magnificent resort. We are also having different kinds of room packages for our guests to choose which are suitable for them.

Rest be assured that the whole Thunderbird Resorts Family will keep improving our facilities and providing the best extra ordinary experience we can offer to keep us the Best Luxury Resort in the Northern area of the Philippines.
I do hope that you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you on your next visit to L a Union.

Also consider these accommodations in or near San Fernando La Union
Hotel Elegant
Hotel Elegant
#3 of 5 in San Fernando La Union
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort

Been to Thunderbird Resorts & Casinos - Poro Point? Share your experiences!