“Home away from home”
Review of Hotel Gracelane

Hotel Gracelane
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in San Fernando
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

PROS:
- Accessible
- Very accommodating staff
- Very nice homey feel with garden landscape
- value for money: free water, breakfast, decent room, parking

CONS:
- Few sockets in the room
- Wifi didn't work during my overnight stay
- Low shower pressure

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank kyrise

Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting with family in Pampanga. The room was clean and the bathroom was one of the best we had on our trip. Also the TV worked, which happened rarely for us in other places! The courtyard area was nice and there was wifi. The restaurant was okay...not the best. Would stay here again though.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was there for 5 days for my brothers wedding. I stayed in a room with my girlfriend and my parents in another. We had a whole patio to ourselves, which was amazing at night to just sit and enjoy the cool breeze of January rather than humidity. Our view was of the garden, which was soothing and relaxing. The room was very clean and although not perfect, was good enough. We had our own fridge which we filled with fruits and water. The breakfast there was not that great unless you like cold eggs and i hated the food personally when I had dinner on one of the nights.

There is a shopping mall 5 minutes away and another one which is much better around 10 minutes by tricycle or cab. The hotel can sort that out for you for 200 pesos each way or cheaper by tricycle.

I suppose if you are fussy like some reviewers below that want 5 star service, you wont get it but my personal experience of the place and time there was special so it means more to me and I had a great and comfortable stay there.

There are no facilities to use but a cute garden on the ground floor. The hotel itself is set up like a villa with plenty of open space. The breakfast area is very nice as well to relax in. I would personally recommend it but then again my brothers family knew the owners and we got treated nicely.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank norman_bates_82
Reviewed 5 January 2013

Stayed here off and on for 3 weeks, got a sampling of the different rooms. Do whatever you can to get the bigger rooms, the small ones are 1*. Staff is good, restaurant (free breakfast) is lousy, I'd go elsewhere to eat. Hotel looks nice, but it seems to be a much older structure with an overlay. Small rooms have no opening windows, much less with a view, linens and towels are time worn. In all fairness, as an American I hold everything to the varying levels of what I am used to there, and I fail to understand why owners put so much into the appearances but fall so short in taking that extra step in room comfort and what should be a natural, on-site dining. The Papanga region is known for excellent cuisine, I'd rather have eaten McDonalds, which I avoid like the plague. This place has potential to be a real gem.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AmericanRoadShow
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Very poor service! I booked a reservation for a queen size bed and they gave me two single beds! The frontliners on duty were not able to handle it properly. My husband and I just left the hotel booked with a more accommodating hotel near by.

• Stayed: May 2012
8  Thank reyna beatang
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel as long been in existence in San Fernando, Pampanga. It's conveniently located close to Mac Arthur Highway and close to the city proper.
Parking space was ample and so was the reception area.
Our family stayed in the family room located at the farthest portion of the hotel since it was the biggest and was at the ground floor. This allowed us to see what the hotel has to offer. This is more of a businessman or boutique hotel so it shouldn't be compared directly with the other hotels that offer resort and casino facilities.
There was a big central garden with A manicured lawn and paths that led to the small fountain or bird bath. There was also a small pond and gazebo near our room.
The room we stayed in was really spacious. There was a king sized bed and a sofa that converted to a bed. There was a TVs with cable, a mini ref, hair dryer and a large tall cabinet. The comfort room was big considering there was the central sink with a table for the towels and toiletries where on the left was the toilet enclosure with a bidet, while on the right was the shower enclosure with water heater and a ledge you can sit on for steam or shower
There were 2 free breakfasts that came with the room and it was served at the cafe. Blue plate and no buffet. Coffee was refillable.
We generally had a pleasant stay. Will be staying in this hotel again in the future. However, improvements can be made on the following:
-loose floor tiles
-defective toilet seat cover
-noisy aircon unit
-dusty counters
-poor lighting
-weak in room Wi-Fi signals
-more breakfast options
-provisions for in room hot water kettle

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Ce5a12
Reviewed 24 February 2012

The hotel seems to have undergone an improvement. Looks better than before. With several types of room that you can choose from. The room is clean & with complete stuff. Rest room is good as well. It is conveniently located at the heart of the city & walking distance from a newly opened mall. Good value for money & probably the best in San Fernando, Pampanga.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
#23 of 71 in Angeles City
ABC Hotel
ABC Hotel
#2 of 71 in Angeles City

Been to Hotel Gracelane? Share your experiences!