Drifters Apartel and British Bar
US$92
US$86
Park Inn
Marco Polo Davao(Davao City)
US$95
US$80
  • Pool
US$59
US$52
Alu Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$31
US$27
US$74
US$59
Agoda.com
Tinhat Boutique Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$21
Red Planet Davao(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
US$65
US$58
Agoda.com
Red Knight Gardens(Davao City)
US$36
US$31
Agoda.com
Seda Abreeza Davao(Davao City)
US$103
US$84
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed at Drifters several times and can thoroughly recommend it. It has some decent-sized rooms with cable TV and kitchenettes, and a little swimming pool downstairs. Meals are available at a reasonable price.

It's about 20-30 minutes from the centre of town, so you will need to pay for a taxi on outings. Waiting times for taxis have improved to about 5 minutes since fares went up. Note that staying a little far out is not necessarily a disadvantage, as the centre of town has some noisy and unpleasant aspects. If you do want to stay in the centre you could try the Grand Menseng, but you will be paying over twice as much. A lot depends on how long you are in Davao. Drifters has discounts for stays of 21 days or more.

Make sure you get the map (I think there's one on the website) so you can direct the taxi driver correctly once you get to the subdivision Nova Tierra.

One or two people on this site went a bit overboard with complaints against Drifters. My advice is that if you do run into any problems, take it straight to Bert who is a great manager. The staff at Drifters are also courteous, though like most Filipino service workers, not necessarily the most brilliant problem solvers.

Overall a little oasis in Davao.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank disherwood
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel is one of the reason that make me want to go back to Davao again. It makes me feel home, staff is so friendly, food is delicious, free wi-fi internet access in all areas, located near to the city, and I truly feel welcomed. Value for money as my room was 1350pesos per night.
The bathroom in the room I was staying is so big, I believe it can be made another room.
I rented a motorcycle from the hotel, when I stayed there. The motorcycle is clean, in superb condition and price also amazingly reasonable.
I have to mention May and Annabelle the 2 bartenders that were so friendly and helpful.
The prices of food and drinks are reasonable in the hotel, not to mention Yummy!
I truly enjoyed my stay there, and if anyone is looking for a homely like kind of stay and surroundings, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank DaniTawil
Drifters Davao D, Owner at Drifters Apartel and British Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

GM,
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Drifters.
Many thanks for your review and to mention the girls by name will make them very happy.
If theres anything we can do to make your next stay even more enjoyable pls get in touch.
Regards from Bert and the team at Drifters Davao.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I made the mistake of staying at this place. I think most travelers know how to see the reality of reviews, so, here are some things any traveler should know:

This place is not a hotel it is an Apartel – just like it says in its name. So, I have no idea why it is classified along with “Hotels” in Davao. This is especially deceptive considering all other Apartels in Davao are listed in the B&B section.

After checking in, we waited for several hours in our room for basic things to be fixed. We just kept being told that someone was coming. No one ever came.

This place is in an area extremely far away from any activities and if you are calling a taxi expect to wait a long time (one hour or more) during the day and even longer at night (two hours).

There are no nearby restaurants and the food at this place is horrible and cooked under no particular standards.

Also, I would not swim in the pool as it looked unclean with debris floating in it.
Among other things, the room was cramped and smelled like smoke. And the front window covering was old and would not close properly so we had to position luggage in front of it. The room was VERY NOISY and the noise goes on day and night e.g. dogs barking, people screaming, music playing, etc.

The building itself is very claustrophobic. The windows were dingy and offered a view of nothing except the greasy pool.

They have a bar on premises. Keep your children away from it.

Drifters also states they have a Security Guard. What they have is one guy in a white shirt who was only occasionally present and even then he was texting or talking on his cel phone when I observed him. So, if you are “secure” with that then I guess this is the place for you.

The owner is very rude and after about our third complaint were told to “go somewhere else” if we did not like the rooms. We were also told we were getting a “good deal” so “stop “whining”. This kind of behavior can often happen when the owner of a small property is answerable to no one else. Customer Service is non-existent. I also found it strange that so many positive reviews of this place go into great detail about things which no average travel could possibly know; and especially odd that they love the owner so much. How many travelers spend so much time praises the property owners?

This place is bad even for low end apart els. Stay away.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
8  Thank jack b
Drifters Davao D, Owner at Drifters Apartel and British Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

We wonder why people wait from Oct 2011 to March 2012 to write a reveiw?
We have no idea who you are and you certainly never complained to me and Im the owner of Drifters Davao.
There is no smoke, no smoke rules apply in Davao City. Both smoking and burning of trash!
Our BBQ in the garden is powerd by Gas not Charcole.( no smoke!)
Windows are new and in good order. Put you bags to block the window? I dont think so.
Taxis are availible by calling our staff from your room 5 min before your travel.
Many restos and shops just 10min away at Damosa / Market baskit..
Samel island resorts just 5 min away by boat.
We are in the hotels section because thats exactly where our guests put us when they write reveiws about Drifters. Davao tourist board also rate us as Hotel.
Our pool is clean and I was very happy to see one of our guests floating in the pool as I read this reveiw. He stays for 3 months each year.
Yes we do have 24 hr secuirity which most people tip for their help and service.
Once again any guest can comment on TA site, but can all the other reveiws be wrong about Drifters?
Regards Bert Baldwin.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is the everything hotel. Nicely landscaped (newly painted), very clean, extremely safe, large rooms w/ frig, wonderful pool, restaurant & pub, very good food, small grocery and friendly guests & staff in an upscale Davao neighborhood across the highway from the famous Waterfront Resort. All at the value price of p1350 (room s4). Food costs are the typical high hotel rates (P800/2), however, the portions are large and satisfying.
The nicely landscaped, compact pool is the key feature which gives this compact B&B a large open feeling. The pool has both a children & adult sections and a nice underwater bench for those who just want to soak. Dine next to the pool for a pleasant evening.
Quick 30min p150 taxi ride from the airport. Easy to find across the highway from the famous Waterfront Resort at the gated Nova Tierra Village, passing the less value Elena Hotel. P7 trike or P50 taxi ride into Nova Tierra to the door step of Drifters. The guard at Nova Tierra can provide your taxi driver directions into the subdivision. Drifters is walled and has its own guard.

Room S4 had a comfortable king size bed dwarfed by the huge room. The room included frig, high power A/C, cafe table, coffee, hot water boiler, bamboo chairs, writing table, resort style tiled bathroom w/ four wooden clothes cabinets. One thing you will notice at Drifters is that they always give you more than you actually need. The guard will get you a taxi anytime you need one, though you need to walk a short distance to the p7 trike rides.

Across the highway you can pick up a P30 ferry to Samal Paradise beach for a day trip. Five malls line this highway with only p8 jeepney fare. Though Davao has more than 2 million people, it is an one street (highway) town, so it is easy to find things. Go to the Crocodile Park, P100 taxi from Ayala Mall for a fun day.

Room Tip: Get Drifters Globe or Smart cell numbers by email them on their web site (<24hr response). You can text them about availability of rooms before taking a taxi into the Nova Tierra Village Subdivsion. S4 was a great room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mjdztep
Reviewed 17 February 2012

The staff here is extremely rude. The place is self is just like an old house with rotten rooms for rent. The door would not lock properly. The bed was lopsided. We repeatedly asked for our broken toilet to be fixed. Smoke from outside was constantly filling our room. We asked to be moved but the staff was completely insulting. Do not stay in this garbage heap. The whole experience was a nightmare.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank reviewer8000
Drifters Davao D, Owner at Drifters Apartel and British Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2012

My advice to all our guests past and new is read the other reviews.
Regards from Drifters Davao.