Drifters Davao is unlike many hotels you'll stay at anywhere. This is my 2nd time staying over several years. Remember this is the Philippines, so in light of that.. let's review this quaint place:
1. Friendly personal service from the staff.
2. Nice private rooms
3. Good selection of channels and cable TV
4. internet in the cafe and rooms (Also see cons)
5. Bert the owner (if he's in town) is very personable and really wants you to have a nice stay.
6. Clean rooms (Also see cons)
7. A/C is pretty good.
8. Price is reasonable.
9. Quiet neighborhood
10. The food is fine, for the most part.
1. Internet in the rooms is unstable. Goes in and out. The signal is not very strong. Could use more routers or a newer router.
2. The shower, restrooms, and the room itself can use some remodeling. My shower drain was overflowing for the first day.
3. The rooms can use more light.
4. The neighborhood is off the main road, so it takes some time for you to get a cab and to find the hotel from the main road.
5. Get a map or memorize directions to the hotel, some cab drivers can't find the place.
6. Wouldn't advise walking the neighborhood at night, although it's probably safe, there appears to be some stray dog packs roaming around. Not sure how "aggressive" they are. But they do bark at you.
1. I wish they offered fresh juice or fresh smoothies. Should be easy since fruits are cheaply available in the philippines, especially Davao.
2. Difficult to find the 'sweet spot' in the Philippines, in terms of value, price and service. "Remember where you are..". Thus Drifters is a safe bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drifters is a family owned hotel consisting of 7 fully fitted and serviced apartments, We can accommodate family's up to 10 persons. We are located inside Nova Tierra Village Lanang Davao City. Drifters provides free access to and from the airport and is approx 5km from Davao central. We are only 10 min away from Samel Island Ferry's. On site is the Pirates British underground Pub, serving freshly cooked traditional English / Asian foods. And of course a world wide selection of beers and wines. We can help you with travel plans both local or to any part of the Philippine Islands. We have free WIFI all over. Swimming Pool, Beer Garden. Please remember this is a family hotel. We are Pet friendly if you are Drifters friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drifters Apartel and British Bar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drifters Apartel And British Bar Hotel Davao
- Drifters Apartel And British Bar Davao/Davao City