“Comfort in a rate you can relate”
Review of My Hotel

My Hotel
Ranked #32 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 26 August 2010

The place is cheap and clean. If you are planning to just stay in the hotel, this place is not for you. But for us young-ins, we prefer this kinda place. After a long day of adventure/s, it is nice to go back to a clean room.
Service is kinda lame. Phone service DOES NOT WORK properly. It's kinda nice to have unlimited free calls to US/Canda (and SUN network) using the room phone, but if you try to reach the reception with it... good luck. Their reception is also kinda clueless with the tourist hotspots and is REALLY unfamiliar with Davao. I think even, none of them are.
They have free Wi-fi, but we had trouble connecting on the 5th floor.
There were 3 of us in the room, but they only give us 2 sets of towel and blanket. We must go down to reception to ask them EVERYDAY.
Their food is kinda expensive (compared to the food shops near the hotel). I'm a food tripper/junkie, therefore, I cannot give a good rating for the food and food service there.
By the way, some rooms have trouble with Hot and Cold Showers.
In general, place is nice and cheap. Great for a small group. But service is Bad... really BAD! But, since you are in Davao to experience Davao (and Durian) to it's fullest, I think My Hotel davao is a nice place to stay in. :D

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mauaka

Reviewed 26 July 2010

stayed there 3 times and i must say overall a great experience. staff, food and cleanliness was good. i will always stay at my hotel...

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank james d
Reviewed 13 May 2010

The price is low 1000 peso, but the quality is also not good but sufficient. what is good:
the price is good, you have a clean bed, you have a clean shower and toilet, there is security.
they have aircon.

What is bad: the lightning is bad, there is only one light (yes one light). Is that bad? yes it is only light or dark in your room. No bedlightning.
In the morning around 10 hour the staff is calling loudly in the hall: Goodmorning make up room!!!!!!, everymorning. Sound no respect for the customer. They have never heard about labels on the door, do not disturb/pls make up room. Internet is not good an very slow.

in general: it is spartanic but sufficient. The most important is a clean room and the rooms are clean.

I only recommand this hotel if you are looking for a cheap hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexk0rphil
Reviewed 6 April 2010

hi, im going to davao tomorrow and im looking for a nice hotel for my trip. Im just wondering why you are not putting your contact numbers? how can we make reservations? Someone recommended your hotel to me but i dont know how to contact you.I hope you can still put your contact details for any vacationist interested in your hotel. Thanks

Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank engrmyks
Reviewed 16 March 2010

Hotel's location was great.

Room was very clean. Bring your own bath towels as the towels provided are rough on skin. Bring your toiletries also since only soaps and toilet paper are provided.

The staff were helpful with inquiries/requests.

We had to wait loooong for the food to be served in their cafe/restaurant/

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelholic17
Reviewed 14 March 2010

I was with my partner when we stayed at My Hotel. We are amazed of its design and color it really catches our attentions. The taxi driver dropped us at their entrance with their staff that fully accommodating. We stayed there for three days for we wanted to visit some places in Davao City. I was surfing at my laptop using their free Wi-Fi access in the room when my frind sent me a message if I can able to call him as soon as possible. I went to the front desk to asked if they have phone and I said to them that I will make a long distance call to US and they have free call to US using their landline. What a relief for my part and we closed a deal with my friend. It was so nice and amazing to be with My Hotel. We had a romantic night that night and we will never forget what I had experienced at My Hotel. The best Hotel ever I stayed.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bemar1987
Reviewed 25 December 2009

I stayed at this hotel on Christmas Eve 2009 and there was a succession of events that told me the staff didn't have its act together or wasn't trying very hard. Maybe they were unhappy about having to work on Christmas or something, but I've worked a lot of Christmases and didn't take it out on my customers. If you don't want to work weekends and holidays, go work at a bank or something.

First, upon arrival I was in urgent need of getting some laundry done, and the best they could do was tell me to go try the local laundromats, which of course were closing for Christmas Eve and couldn't accomodate me. I was willing to pay or tip the hotel staff to use their machine to help me out, but no luck and I had to wear dirty clothes for two days despite asking for help with this.

Next was the lame performance of the restaurant staff at breakfast. I came down at 9:30 and ordered coffee and asked for some milk to put in it.

Sorry, was the answer, we don't have any milk, only powdered creamer. (Really? Not even one ounce of milk?)

OK, I'll take the powdered creamer, then. To eat, I'd like option B of the continental breakfast, the one with a pancake and an egg.

Sorry, we don't have pancakes.

OK, I'll take option A, the one that says an egg with toast and jam.

The guy brought out my toast and egg, but no jam. Could I please get some jam for this?

Sorry, we don't have any jam. (Oh, criminy. What is wrong with this place?)

Afterward, I went back to my room to get some work done online, and the wi-fi *still* didn't work, just like the night before, so I went outside immediately to look for another hotel, then came back and checked out. I didn't want to stick around and find out in what other ways they would be flaky and inattentive.

I don't like to post negative reviews online and potentially harm people's businesses, but I also don't have confidence that if I sent these comments directly to the hotel that my email wouldn't get deleted before reaching the owner(s). Besides the contact email address on their webpage, they would do well to set up an email address going directly to the owner(s) to receive feedback like this. In any case, I had rented a suite and was planning to stay for the rest of my time in Davao, two and a half weeks, so maybe the owners would like to look into how their staff let 30,000 pesos in revenue walk out the door.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Tsigane
Myh0teldava0, manager at My Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2010

We truly appreciate your feedback. We will try our best that this will not happen again. We are very sorry for the dissatisfaction that you experience in our hotel. We made some investigations, and we found out these comments from the people concerned:

1. Laundry issue. We do not have a laundry services in our hotel but we have some companies or individual laundry businesses beside our hotel that cater directly to our hotel guests. We cannot force them to work during holidays. Our laundry machine is very big and is intended only for hotel stuff such as: beddings, blankets and others. Your allegation that you wear dirty clothes for three days, our hotel is located where there are more than 100 stores selling very cheap clothes made from china and it should have solved your problem.

2. Food issue. Day before the incident, we have received a delivery of milk, but what happen is that nobody seems to remember any incident. Maybe our staff misunderstood your request.

3. Wi-Fi issue. Our wi-fi has no problem on that particular time. Sometimes it the laptop could not connect, usually it’s the laptop wifi configuration that makes the connection not possible because it did not matched to our wifi settings.