“Visiting Davao again”

Ranked #39 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Haverhill, United Kingdom
“Visiting Davao again”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed hear again, great hotel, the staff so friendly and helpful. I made a one nite booking with Asiatravel. I must say i was very disappointed with the travel agent as after the booking i then read that they had re-negotiated with the hotel and that breakfast was NO longer included. When i arrived at the hotel and explained this to the management they told me that their contract/rate had not changed, and they would still offer me the complimentry breakfast. I extended my stay and also found out that i could book the room for around 25% less than the not helpful Asiatravel. Clean, nice bed, safe, nice rooms and nice breakfast

Room Tip: 10 minute walk to G-mall or Peoples park
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank daveg7964

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I booked to ay there for 5 days. The place is nice and clean, the staff professional but not too many smiles. As for the restaurant.... what an awful place. The "free" breakfast was basic and very minimal. I had to cut our trip short and return to Manilla. They wanted to charge mefor the rest of the booking. I asked for the manager who told me that they "already paid a commission for the booking" He was referring to the 10% booking fee I had paid to THEM when I booked. After much haggling he charged me #3000pp being for one night. The smile did not even exist when I told them I had to leave
I returned to Davao 3 days later and stayed at the Royal Mandaya Hotel just down the road from Humbertos for ths same price pp3000. What a difference. The rooms are larger the restaurant is MUCH MUCH BIGGER AND BETTER. You get free breakfast and the choices are so varied. All for the same price I paid for Humbertos. I would stay at Humbertos again if the price is no more than pp1000 per night. Not much value at pp3000.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Joeb255100
Haverhill, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Hotel is fairly small but very friendly service with a smile, we arrived very early in the morning before 7am we were informed our room would be shortly ready and whilst we waited to take complimentary breakfast, whch was great after 2 long flights and then a short internal flight. Breakfast was good, i had the american version, so eggs, toast, butter, jam, bacon, fruit juice, coffee. Btw extra cups of coffee were free too. PS they do a great Kankong. The room was a good size , bed nice and soft, shower hot/cold water, cable TV, fridge table and 2 chairs, and AC unit was quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly takes 10 mins to walk to south Mall G, black market (to change money) and peoples Park , enjoy Davao its a great city !

Room Tip: suggest email the hotel and for Taxi Palma gil
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank daveg7964
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I stayed at Humberto's Hotel in October 2006 for a week, but date of stay only went back to 2009. Front desk personnel were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was provided free, and all meals were good. On-site massage located next to restaurant was 200 pesos per hour. I intend to return there next in 2011.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo