“Charming”

Humberto's Hotel
Humberto's Hotel
Ranked #39 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 26 March 2014

They are called the charming little hotel. I think it fits the description perfectly. Its not the most modern hotel, but the rooms are spacious, well equipped and very clean. The breakfast wasnt really great, but you cant have everything. The staff impressed me. Very flexible, well mannered and -indeed- charming. Been here twice in 2013 and when i visit Davao again i will go back to this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 July 2013

During my trip to Davao for the holidays, I stayed at Humberto's Hotel because of its accessibility to the city proper. Their rooms though aren't that new but I can say that it is well-maintained. Their amenities include Hot & Cold Shower, Cable TV, complimentary soap & shampoo. In terms of the room rates, I must say that it is a bit cheaper compared to other hotels within the city since breakfast is also inclusive. The food they served are in buffet style (full-meal) so you are guaranteed to have your tummies filled when you leave their mini-restaurant. When it comes to their service and staff, they are courteous and have been very helpful to assist me with my concerns especially because I don't know anyone from the place when I visited. Over and above, Humberto's Hotel can be considered if you are staying in the heart of Davao City.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is near the stairs going to the reception area for a good wifi signal. :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed here at Humberto's Feb 2013 to visit friends and go to the Eden Nature Garden and Samal Island. Coming from North Zen which was modern minimalist, Humberto's is what you would call traditional, with the front desk right below the stairs going up to the second floor like it would be in someone's home. The front desk is officious but could use more warmth and friendliness. The rooms are spacious, and has ample dresser and workspace, and closet space as well. The view was not exactly nice, it was a neighboring car repair shop of some sort.
But it provided the quiet I needed so i could sleep and recover when I fell sick due to the extreme heat coming from winter in the US! I recovered quickly and had enough strength to do the tours the next day.
The breakfast was pretty good-huge selection and lots of local food that could also fit the Western palate. It is s restaurant that is also open to the public so lots of opportunity to chit chat with locals and tourists. The hotel is centrally located and a tricycle ride away to most attractions. Definitely not luxury, but it is adequate!

Room Tip: Room away from street is quiet!
Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed with my gf for one night because it was on promo, but the price is really not competitive since we could have stayed in another hotel for a much cheaper price. Anyway, the room was clean, there was a free breakfast and free wifi. The breakfast was a very basic western-style food that is not very enticing and takes a long time to prepare. I would go back here if the price is competitive and the breakfast will be upgraded.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jantox
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Stayed hear again, great hotel, the staff so friendly and helpful. I made a one nite booking with Asiatravel. I must say i was very disappointed with the travel agent as after the booking i then read that they had re-negotiated with the hotel and that breakfast was NO longer included. When i arrived at the hotel and explained this to the management they told me that their contract/rate had not changed, and they would still offer me the complimentry breakfast. I extended my stay and also found out that i could book the room for around 25% less than the not helpful Asiatravel. Clean, nice bed, safe, nice rooms and nice breakfast

Room Tip: 10 minute walk to G-mall or Peoples park
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank daveg7964
Reviewed 26 August 2011

I booked to ay there for 5 days. The place is nice and clean, the staff professional but not too many smiles. As for the restaurant.... what an awful place. The "free" breakfast was basic and very minimal. I had to cut our trip short and return to Manilla. They wanted to charge mefor the rest of the booking. I asked for the manager who told me that they "already paid a commission for the booking" He was referring to the 10% booking fee I had paid to THEM when I booked. After much haggling he charged me #3000pp being for one night. The smile did not even exist when I told them I had to leave
I returned to Davao 3 days later and stayed at the Royal Mandaya Hotel just down the road from Humbertos for ths same price pp3000. What a difference. The rooms are larger the restaurant is MUCH MUCH BIGGER AND BETTER. You get free breakfast and the choices are so varied. All for the same price I paid for Humbertos. I would stay at Humbertos again if the price is no more than pp1000 per night. Not much value at pp3000.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Joeb255100
Reviewed 15 June 2011

The Hotel is fairly small but very friendly service with a smile, we arrived very early in the morning before 7am we were informed our room would be shortly ready and whilst we waited to take complimentary breakfast, whch was great after 2 long flights and then a short internal flight. Breakfast was good, i had the american version, so eggs, toast, butter, jam, bacon, fruit juice, coffee. Btw extra cups of coffee were free too. PS they do a great Kankong. The room was a good size , bed nice and soft, shower hot/cold water, cable TV, fridge table and 2 chairs, and AC unit was quiet. Staff very helpful and friendly takes 10 mins to walk to south Mall G, black market (to change money) and peoples Park , enjoy Davao its a great city !

Room Tip: suggest email the hotel and for Taxi Palma gil
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends