Anisabel Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Alu Hotel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$27
US$79
US$59
Agoda.com
Marco Polo Davao(Davao City)
US$91
US$82
  • Pool
US$99
US$90
US$60
US$54
Seda Abreeza Davao(Davao City)
US$93
US$80
Green Windows Dormitel(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$60
US$35
US$24
Agoda.com
Red Planet Davao(Davao City)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$32
Agoda.com
All reviewsconvenience storehotel is locatedthe hotel staffabreeza mallbedroomguests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Where do I start? The rooms are more than perfect, it's very clean and neatly arranged. I love the garden because I smoke. Their bathroom is so great and me and my partner thought that that's how our bathroom should be if we decide to have a house built. The staff is very friendly and more than helpful. They accomodate everything and provided stuff that we need that most hotels won't. I would recommend this hotel! Kudos to the management and staff.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BuddhaBear15
Reviewed 29 August 2011

There are a 1001 things I’d like to say about Anisabel and I don’t know where to begin.

When I checked TripAdvisor for the recommended places to stay in Davao, Anisabel immediately got my attention. I was supposed to check in at either Marco Polo, Microtel or Waterfront Insular but a little voice kept nagging me to try Anisabel. So I did. The moment I saw the place, I had second thoughts if I made the right choice. The façade of the building is nondescript. It looks like a house which the owners decided to convert into a hotel. Inside, the check-in counter is in the same place as the restaurant (which people say serves really good food). There are nice artworks here and there but I couldn’t say I’m impressed. From the resto/reception area, I had to cross the small courtyard where a couple of tables were set up. It reminded me of the hostels I’ve been to. My room is on the ground floor of a two-storey apartment painted a very loud fuchsia color. Again, not very inviting. But the moment I opened my room, I wanted to do a little jig. It is beautiful. For P2,500 a night, it is definitely worth the price. The foyer is nicely decorated, There’s even a chandelier hanging over my very comfortable queen-sized bed. The room has a 32-inch LCD TV with cable, tea and coffee making facilities, and complimentary bottled water. It’s a pity there is no ref.

But what really made me happy is the huge bathroom which is only separated from the bedroom by thick curtains. It also contains the closet, making it easier to change clothes after taking a bath. There is an iron (no ironing board though) and a hair dryer. There are the usual toilet amenities. I like the white rugs by the toilet bowl and the sink. The bath towel is a bit small but the bathrobe makes up for it.

The lighting is very nice and not at all glaring. I even noticed an emergency lamp on the wall in case of a power interruption. And to make one’s stay more relaxing, in lieu of a window, there’s a pocket garden enclosed in a bamboo fence to keep guests away from the prying eyes of the neighbors.

And have I mentioned that the room is immaculately clean? I think I can even lay down on the bathroom floor without qualms.

For the complimentary breakfast, there are a lot of choices. I picked the tomato, bell pepper and onion omelet. The serving was so generous that it practically occupied the whole plate. It came with three slices of toasted bread with butter. I could hardly finish it. To top it all, the waiter/ bell boy, even offered me three suman topped with grated cheese for free. I don’t know if they usually do that to the guests or if the waiter just felt bad that the chef added ham to my omelet (which I had to painstakingly remove since I don’t eat red meat). Anyway, that was such a heavy and hearty breakfast!

If the room is lovely, I couldn’t say anything less about the staff especially to that waiter/ bellboy who seemed to have a knack in knowing what I want. I guess his name is Ronald. He would help me with my stuff, hail a cab for me, give me an extension cord while I was struggling with my laptop, turn on the electric fan when it becomes hot, and offer me water. If that’s not service de luxe, I don’t know what to call that. I felt like I had my own butler.

My only lament is the poor wifi connection in the room. Outside, though, it is fast. During my stay there, it also happened that a party was being held in the courtyard which lasted until midnight. The noise could somehow be heard inside the room. For others, it might be a big turn off but for me, who was traveling solo, I found it comforting to know that I’m not alone.

Btw, Anisabel’s location is along the road that leads from the airport to the downtown area so it’s easy to get a taxi to either direction. It’s about 15 minutes to the airport, 7 minutes to the newly-built Abreeza mall and about another 15 minutes to the city proper depending on traffic. Nothing interesting nearby though. I saw one convenience store in front but nothing more since it is in a residential district.

Nevertheless, I’ll definitely go back to Anisabel when I return to Davao that I even recommended it to my colleagues. I love the place so I’m giving it the rating it deserves.

Room Tip: request for corporate rate if possible
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
7  Thank gold1109
alibaba45, Owner at Anisabel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2011

We are truly grateful for your comments and observations of Anisabel Suites. We value customer service and your comments provide us the basis to improve on this. Indeed, we will strive to give utmost comfort and service to our valued guests, like you. We hope to see you again in your next visit at Anisabel Suites, and rest assured that we will provide you better facilities and improved service as our returning valued guest. Maraming salamat po.

Reviewed 4 August 2011

Lovely rooms, quiet place, nice ambiance, very professional staff and delicious food from Mamu Resto Bar. What else can you ask for? will definitely go back again. Love their bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank RochelleJoy
Reviewed 16 May 2011

Upon entering Anisabel Suites I was greated by very polite and professional staff that advised me that there had been an alteration to my booking and that the room rated quoted on the phone was actually being reduced due to a calculation error !! that was a first for me.

The reception area and small restaurant are very well maintained and the decor of high standard. The rooms are of excellent size and come with all modern appliances. The food was very good and the room service was very prompt with no additional charge.

The hotel is ideal for romantic get-aways, business or leisure traveller. Please note the hotel is located outside of the main city center but taxis are easy to find and very affordable.

I think what sets this hotel apart from the others that I have stayed in within Davao is the outstanding service which is very hard to find in Davao.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gawny1
Reviewed 15 April 2011

12th day of April was our first wedding anniversary of my beloved husband. We decided to spend the night together in this hotel. Their outside architecture was great that the design alone is inviting. Upon entering, a staff approached and politely greeted us. The interior design suggests a cozy and pleasant ambiance. The staffs were incredibly great, that they made our 3-day stay the best. The manager of the hotel sent a complimentary cake to our room that had cute designs of hearts that made me feel more romantic and a lettering that says "Happy Wedding Anniversary". The rooms of the hotel are very clean and comfortable. It's really a great experience staying in Anisabel Suites. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple