“Affordable and well-arranged ...”
Review of Blue Carabao Diner - CLOSED

Blue Carabao Diner
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We wish to inform all that the Blue Carabao Diner will cease operating as of December 22/2014. We are so grateful to all who took the time to write a review of their experience while at the Blue Carabao Diner. We thank all of our great customers for help to make the Blue Carabao Diner the top Filipino Style food restaurant in Davao for many years in a row. Attention !!This business is now for sale as of June 15/14. Sold complete with all equipment,recipes,highly trained staff willing to work with new owners.Included is a four bedroom upstairs apartment with air conditioning.Price P3million FIRM,price includes business name. Reason for sale is new business venture opportunity. Hello,when you visit Davao City,do yourself a favor and visit the "Blue Carabao Diner" and treat yourself to some of the best tasting,affordable Filipino styled food in Davao City. We are an open air styled establishment that lays out our meal items banquet style or what they call "toro toro"style,meaning point at the meal item you want and a server will give you a serving of that meal. We invite you to check out our kitchen anytime before you eat in our establishment so that you can have confidence in the food we offer.Not many restaurants will make that offer,but we at the Blue Carabao Diner are proud of our kitchen and it's staff and look forward to your personal inspection. My name is Sherry Scott and i am the business owner and head cook so you are important to me and the growth of my business.If for some reason,you are unhappy with a meal,i will either replace the meal,return your money for that meal item or give you a voucher for a free meal upon your next visit to the Blue Carabao.Try finding a restaurant in Davao City that stands behind the quality of it's food like we do at the Blue Carabao Diner. Our servers wear special hairnets and serving gloves and most can speak English,but if you find it hard to communicate with a server,please request for management to answer your questions or explain meal ingredients for you.If you are a first time visitor we will be more than happy to give you a small sample of a meal before you purchase it.Or if you just have questions about Davao City or need directions to a certain location,we will be happy to look after you. My staff and i look forward to your visit and will do what we can to make your visit to the "Blue Carabao Diner" one of the highlights of your trip to Davao City.Sherry & Francis Scott 09/05/13 Please check out the Fall issue of Sizzle digital magazine pages 44 to 46 as we have been given a mention by Chef David Wasson from Seattle, Washington,USA. 05/14/13 We received our ServSafe certification for excellence in sanitation and food safety.10/2010 We where featured in the following newsletter. PCC vol 9 No 4 Newsletter cover is a picture of our 'carabao pochero'.Check out pages 3,4,5,and 19. It was a wonderful humbling and elevating experience to receive and read that magazine.All credit goes to my hard working wife and Chef extraordinaire, Sherry and our dedicated staff. I take my hat of and bow to you all.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I chanced upon it walking along Monteverde St on my way to Magsaysay Park looking for some place to take lunch. Noticed and read the word "tripadvisor" in the signage. I did not hesitate to try it out. Since it was lunch time, there was a crowd. I thought I will not get a table. It's a no frills, modern cafeteria set-up. There's an impression of cleanliness as all staff wore caps (except the cashier, though), busboys clean tables at once, and a lavatory with ample supply of liquid soap. The price was reasonable and affordable.

1  Thank Jun A
bluecarabaoeatery, Manager at Blue Carabao Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to make you review of the Blue Carabao Diner,we really appreciate it.
Food safety and safe food handling are a must and we take both seriously. I too appreciate clean facilities and appreciate the work that goes into keeping them clean and well stocked.
Thank you again and if you are ever at the Blue Carabao,please,we would like the honor of meeting you. All the best to you and yours from the Management of the Blue Carabao Diner.

There are newer reviews for Blue Carabao Diner

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I always frequent this place whenever I'm VERY hungry. Although, it's quite far from where I live but I don't mind taking a cab just to dine here. Their food are delicious and affordable. It's like you're eating in a "top class restaurant" without worrying too much about the bill and that's very rare nowadays. I love their Calderetang Kambing, Tuna Panga ,Belly and Kinilaw. I think, everyday they have "chef's special menu" but I haven't tried anything yet because it's mostly a pork-dish..(hehe, i'm a non pork eater.) Their attendants are very professional and always smiling.

How i wish they will put up a branch in Damosa closer to where I work. I'm definitely sure it will draw a lot of customers because in their Sta. Ana branch alone people would still line up just to dine even if it's not really an ideal location(how much more in Damosa). Most people here are already fed up in eating at McDonalds, Dimsum, TAPS , etc..) It's time that they can also try something that Blue Carabao offers. I have a lot of workmates, colleagues, friends who would really want to try but because of the location plus we have different schedules they're kinda hesitant. I hope the owner will consider this the fact that Damosa right now is emerging as a business district in Davao City.

Anyway, I have one favor though. Can you also include Chicken Afritada in your daily menu? It's one of the best I've tried and it's very seldom that you serve this dish. Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work and continue to serve the most flavorful dishes in Davao City.

Wow! Thank you for you kind words,it is appreciated more than we can put into words. I checked with our two chefs and out of the six special meals offered,Monday and Thursday are pork meal specials. We will be changing or Chef's Daily Special Menu starting July and we will be including Chicken Afritada and offer it on Monday's so we will be expecting you every Monday,lol.
As for branching out,well we have decided against that because quality control then becomes an issue as we have notice with other restaurants so we will make this Blue Carabao Diner a 'one of a kind' in Davao City. We understand and appreciate that our restaurant is out of the way for you,but we think you will agree that it is worth it as we strive to offer some of the best tasting,most affordable meals in all of Davao City.
All the best to you and yours from the management and staff of the Blue Carabao Diner.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family, friends colleagues and even bosses love to eat their very delicious yet very affordable food from Blue Carabao Diner. We always wanted to taste their food all over and over and over again. some of our favorites are the Chicken Curry, Pork Binagoongan, Pork HUmba, Fish Fillet and a lot more... Everything is soooo great!

Thanks to Ate Sherry and her husband for being soooooo kind too to everyone.

bluecarabaoeatery, Owner at Blue Carabao Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello,thank you so much for taking the time to put a comment on this form.We truly do appreciate your kind words.We look forward to your next visit.Thank you very much

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Been here! It was actually unplanned visit, When we were around Monteverde street we Notice this Fast food because its just beside the fire station we tried to eat here, at first i we were hesitant because of our budget at that time. Their is no harm on asking of how much would be each item cost. It can satisfy you hunger and different kinds dish of choice Value for money is a 5 plus star. .

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant on this form. Unlike most restaurants in this city,we really do value customer comments. We are not perfect and some times we just don't get it right,but we will do our best to correct any situation that will come up.That is a promise from the Blue Carabao Diner to every customer.
We look forward to your next visit,thanx again.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Great place for the budget concious yet food is delicious. Peter W if you are so SOSYAL you shouldnt have gone there. Go to a Five Star Hotel

Thank you for your appreciation of what we strive daily to accomplish at the Blue Carabao Diner, to offer the best tasting,highest quality,most affordable,safest food in Davao City everyday.
Sure you can find a more fancy place to dine but you will be hard pressed to find the kind of quality and value you will constantly get at the Blue Carabao Diner.
Don't forget.on your next visit,to ask for a tour of our kitchen,we show it at anytime. Try and find a restaurant in Davao that will do that then ask yourself,what do they have to hide? Should i be eating here if they do not want to show me their kitchen?
Thanx again for your kind words and we look forward to your next visit.