“Best Food”

Ranked #187 of 538 Restaurants in Davao City
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: We are a Filipino style eatery with some of the best tasting, most affordable Filipino food in all of Davao. We don't want to say too much, we will let the quality and taste of our food do the talking. Clean family atmosphere, no radio or TV blaring, just the sound of great conversation. Like to see our kitchen? Sure, we ate proud of our kitchen and would love to give you the tour. How many restaurants would openly invite you into their kitchen? Ask and find out. We look forward to see y'all.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Whenever we visit Davao City we always find time to visit this place. Best food and affordable...most especially Quality service...till my next visit... highly recommended...

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Food is great. Highly recommended. We eat in a group of 12. Accessible foe motorist. Offensive posters. Place need to be improve.

bluecarabaoeatery, Manager at Blue Carabao Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Hello,thank you for the "high recommendation".

Offensive posters ? Lets see,would that be the one encouraging people to wash their hands before and after using the bathroom, would it be the, "no animals allowed ,we reserve the right to refuse service no matter who you think you are,who you momma is or would it be the "no outside food or drink allowed? Some of those signs/posters are necessary and some are for the humor content. It's funny,we have so many tourist taking pictures of our "no dogs,cat,ostrich or crocodile allowed in restaurant that we as owners really enjoy it.

As for improving,well you don't get to be in the top ten spot for restaurants in Davao City by sitting on one's hands. We concentrate on our food making sure it is of the highest quality and to be consistent in quality and taste. If people like fancy forks,spoons and pictures on the wall,well the Blue Carabao will be a disappointment, but if you are looking for some of the best tasting,most affordable food in Davao City,well you found it.

How many restaurants in Davao City will invite you into their kitchen? Try it,ask to see the kitchen of the next restaurant you eat in. Our place is kept as clean as possible and the cleanliness of our bathrooms are a testament to that .

Thanx for the time you took to make this review,it is appreciated.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I chanced upon it walking along Monteverde St on my way to Magsaysay Park looking for some place to take lunch. Noticed and read the word "tripadvisor" in the signage. I did not hesitate to try it out. Since it was lunch time, there was a crowd. I thought I will not get a table. It's a no frills, modern cafeteria set-up. There's an impression of cleanliness as all staff wore caps (except the cashier, though), busboys clean tables at once, and a lavatory with ample supply of liquid soap. The price was reasonable and affordable.

1  Thank Jun A

Thank you for taking the time to make you review of the Blue Carabao Diner,we really appreciate it.
Food safety and safe food handling are a must and we take both seriously. I too appreciate clean facilities and appreciate the work that goes into keeping them clean and well stocked.
Thank you again and if you are ever at the Blue Carabao,please,we would like the honor of meeting you. All the best to you and yours from the Management of the Blue Carabao Diner.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I always frequent this place whenever I'm VERY hungry. Although, it's quite far from where I live but I don't mind taking a cab just to dine here. Their food are delicious and affordable. It's like you're eating in a "top class restaurant" without worrying too much about the bill and that's very rare nowadays. I love their Calderetang Kambing, Tuna Panga ,Belly and Kinilaw. I think, everyday they have "chef's special menu" but I haven't tried anything yet because it's mostly a pork-dish..(hehe, i'm a non pork eater.) Their attendants are very professional and always smiling.

How i wish they will put up a branch in Damosa closer to where I work. I'm definitely sure it will draw a lot of customers because in their Sta. Ana branch alone people would still line up just to dine even if it's not really an ideal location(how much more in Damosa). Most people here are already fed up in eating at McDonalds, Dimsum, TAPS , etc..) It's time that they can also try something that Blue Carabao offers. I have a lot of workmates, colleagues, friends who would really want to try but because of the location plus we have different schedules they're kinda hesitant. I hope the owner will consider this the fact that Damosa right now is emerging as a business district in Davao City.

Anyway, I have one favor though. Can you also include Chicken Afritada in your daily menu? It's one of the best I've tried and it's very seldom that you serve this dish. Thanks in advance.

Keep up the good work and continue to serve the most flavorful dishes in Davao City.

Wow! Thank you for you kind words,it is appreciated more than we can put into words. I checked with our two chefs and out of the six special meals offered,Monday and Thursday are pork meal specials. We will be changing or Chef's Daily Special Menu starting July and we will be including Chicken Afritada and offer it on Monday's so we will be expecting you every Monday,lol.
As for branching out,well we have decided against that because quality control then becomes an issue as we have notice with other restaurants so we will make this Blue Carabao Diner a 'one of a kind' in Davao City. We understand and appreciate that our restaurant is out of the way for you,but we think you will agree that it is worth it as we strive to offer some of the best tasting,most affordable meals in all of Davao City.
All the best to you and yours from the management and staff of the Blue Carabao Diner.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My family, friends colleagues and even bosses love to eat their very delicious yet very affordable food from Blue Carabao Diner. We always wanted to taste their food all over and over and over again. some of our favorites are the Chicken Curry, Pork Binagoongan, Pork HUmba, Fish Fillet and a lot more... Everything is soooo great!

Thanks to Ate Sherry and her husband for being soooooo kind too to everyone.

bluecarabaoeatery, Owner at Blue Carabao Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Hello,thank you so much for taking the time to put a comment on this form.We truly do appreciate your kind words.We look forward to your next visit.Thank you very much