“Good location”

La Anclar Hometel
La Anclar Hometel
Ranked #55 of 127 Davao City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 January 2014

One of those shop lot places. Good location and walking distance to San Pedro Cathedral. If you really want you can even walk all the way to People's Park. Nearby roads are a little dark so keep your wits about it. Generally most Davao roads are that way though. Wifi is bad from my room, but works fine the moment you step out in the hallway. Bathroom was small and I found a t-shirt still hanging on the back of the door when I first checked-in. Told the receptionist and they removed it for me. Room had a TV with English channels and security guard up front was helpful :)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The hotel is located at the downtown area which makes it really great. Known establishments/places within the vicinity are walking distance from the hotel. There are also fast food/convenience stores nearby. For the room, it's clean, comfortable and spacious.

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jay E
Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

The only reason that I kept coming back to this place is the location and it's friendly staff and that skinny security guard that is always willing to give you a hand,, but the moment I get inside the bathroom I remind myself not to comeback anymore ,, the bathroom is very disappointing, tissue paper holder if its not broken,, it's dirty,, mirror is all the time filthy and bathroom floors are yucky to the max ,, this is in all the rooms that I've been thru,, talk to the front desk and even the manager which has left,, this is a nice hotel if managed properly ,, been coming here until I found a new, nicer place,,

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank Bong4fm
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Nice hometel to stay in Davao City...nice location, affordable rates and nice accomodation. There's a free breakfast for two. We had fun in staying in the hotel last summer. We have comfort because there's a lot of food chain besides the hotel, there are also stores and its very near to the People's Park and other commercial establishments.

Room Tip: Matrimony for the couple, and good for barkadas there Deluxe Rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Shanthy_bok
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Chose this inn for our 2-day trip during the Kadayawan festival because it was at a walking distance from the People's Park where our work was during our Davao visit. Check-in was fast since I already made reservation the day before. No one assisted us though to our rooms so we had to carry our luggage ourselves. We got to our room and the room service was not yet done preparing our room and were chatting loudly. Front desk didn't inform us that our rooms wasn't ready yet and since it was all the way to the 3rd floor (and no elevators) we opted to patiently wait outside our room. They were done in about 5 mins or so.

We took the Matrimonial Room for $30++ since it was the only available room within our budget. Room and bath was clean. The table was rather arranged awkwardly but no problem since you can easily move it to create a bigger space for moving around the room. There's cable TV and pretty strong wi-fi connection for entertainment.

Sleep quality was great. No unwanted noises from the AC nor from outside the building. Pillow was ok, but the sheets was kinda grainy. We didn't mind, we were too tired to request for a replacement.

Room includes breakfast for 2. It was a basic plated meal which include, 4-5 pcs string beans, a slice of cucumber, a slice of radish, hotdog, fried egg, a piece of bread and rice plus a cup of instant coffee. If your not satisfied with your breakfast, you can always go outside the hotel and eat in nearby carinderias (hawker stalls). There are also lots of fried chicken stalls around the vicinity if you're into that greasy stuff.

I want to share my experience with their water dispenser which is on every floor of this inn since I read some reviews about it as well. I tried refilling my water bottle from the dispenser and to my disappointment realized that water may be just tap water (i'm positive it is) and not the distilled kind. It sort of tasted funny that I had to throw the rest of it away. If you want to make sure you're drinking safe water, just go outside, there's a drug store across the street where you can easily purchase one.

Check-out was swift too. Return the key and the remote control for the tv and then you're good to go. The security guard was kind enough to hail a cab for us.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dhezabear
Reviewed 26 June 2012

What i would like to say is the service excellent, Efficient, friendly and smile on the dile faces.
The rooms are very tidy clean and good showers. The Breakfast is great and comes with the
Tariff. Close to all Facilities. So conclusion GREAT HOMETEL TO STAY>

ROBERT JOHNSTON AUSTRALIA

Room Tip: Lower floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Robert J
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I opted to stay here because of the reviews,i must say its just average. Coming from pearl farm resort, i was a bit shocked when we transferred here in la anclar. From 5star accomodation to an average inn. When we enter the lobby was small, however the staffs were courteous. We had a double bed because the matrimonial suite that i reserved via net wasnt reserved bec they said their site was down at that time. What i like about this inn is they have filtered water on every flr, wifi access and breakfast included. They are near aldevinco which is a complex full of thrift shops. However given a chance i would rather look for another inn located nearer to F.TORRES (gimik place) or somewhere else. Because the taxi drivers are not even familiar with this inn. On a serious note, i left my topshop top in d bedroom when we checked out and when d room was cleaned d cleaning lady was honest enough to give back the top,and i was so thankful. But i wonder if i left my wallet with money,would they still return it? Anyway, Try Margie's bakeshop(F.TORRES) the best toffee roll and profiteroles matched with cappucino. Overall our stay was ok, nothing spectacular. No airport transfer for this inn,if i may add.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple