“KadayaWONT”

The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When we arrived at this hotel at around 11:30am, we asked if our rooms were ready and if we could check in. We were politely informed to sit down at the lobby which we did and waited for what we assumed was the check in process. so we waited... and waited. When we finally went to check what the hold up was...we were told that since they were fully booked the night before, we werent allowed to check in until 3 in the afternoon. We asked the concierge why we werent informed and he replied with "i informed one of your party" but could not identify which one. Slight inconvenience for the check in surely but since it was Kadayawan, we decided to just spend the time elsewhere until we could check in.

At 3Pm, to give them credit, some of our party was able to check in to only ONE of the rooms because they required us to pay upon check in. Since half of our party was still out, we wouldve appreciated this information earlier. being dead tired as we were, we just took the room that was available so we could rest.

The room... was horrible. There was hair on our pillows and the bathroom... good god...it was like someone was SHEDDING in there. We called the concierge to request for them to clean up but was told that "cleaning isnt until the next morning". We had no choice but to leave but thankfully they cleaned the room up a bit when we got back. Bathroom still had hair everywhere.

I should also mention that when we ordered a frappucino from their coffee shop we found black bits and pieces in the drink. "blender rubber" we were told. looked like mold to me.

all in all, i wouldnt recommend this hotel to ANYONE... not even someone I hate.
NEVER
AGAIN.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Puffs A
There are newer reviews for The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was very impressed with the Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases in Davao. This is not my first trip to Davao. I have previously stayed at the Marco Polo and decided to try a different hotel for this stay. The rooms at the Ritz are spacious and well-appointed with a modern flair. The bathrooms are top notch including a rain shower with marble walls. All in all I would have to say the rooms at the Ritz to my surprise were nicer than the Marco Polo. The lobby area was designed very well with ample seating area and a strong Wi-Fi signal. They have a large pool and a good breakfast buffet. The thing I was most impressed with was the management and staff of the hotel. The front desk manager Abby and her staff were top notch and the Resident Manger Marilou De Ramos runs an exceptional hotel. All staff I interacted with were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The grounds of the hotel were well kept. The value for this hotel more than met my expectations. For any future travel to Davao without question the Ritz will be my choice of hotels. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Davao.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 8 July 2012

excellent hotel
in the middle of the city , but your are not noticing anything of the surrouding area rounds the hotel, a lot of green and in the middle a small swimmingpool.
only bad thing is that when you are outside of the hotel/resort there is nothing of shops, dining places, so you have always to take a taxi to one of the big malls ( three of them are only. 10 min away)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lenie
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Me and my family decided to try check in at this hotel. It used to be just "Garden Oases" which is known for conventions, weddings, swimming, and basketball of course. But when they transformed this to a hotel, we got curious. When I came back from Davao, I decided to bring my family here and give it a try. Yes it's the same old Garden Oases we used to know when we were young, but it gave us a different taste. The staff were accommodating. Lobby was exquisite and the rooms are spacious, clean, and breakfast was sumptuous! They improved their pool but they have to maintain the shower areas near it. I think this hotel has so much to offer in the future, an expansion maybe?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Franz M
Reviewed 29 June 2012

So modern and one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. I even had a view of the beautiful garden from my bedroom. We had a wonderfully relaxing stay at this hotel and room was very clean, worth every penny.

Room Tip: garden view, so relaxing
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AGUSTINA M
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We booked with my family. The rooms were amazing it has unique designs and clean. The staff are super and location is excellent. It is very near to 3 big malls in Davao, just a walking distance. I got a pretty good price for this hotel. I would definitely go back to this hotel....

Room Tip: try their suite room, definitely beautiful with glass shower room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CHRIS B
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Centrally located. Near shopping malls, public market and church. Literally safe as Davao is known.

This is no high rise hotel.It is up to 6th floor but the lift would take you until 5th floor only. (No, there is no room at the 6th floor only function rooms) We stayed at the second floor. Room is modernly designed and spacious too. But the housekeeping and room services should be improved. We asked for potable water but we were told to use the tap faucet, worst no pitcher was provided tsk tsk.tsk .....toilettries and complimentary coffee were good for two while we were three in a room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business