“The Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases”

The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I arrived at the Ritz hotel on January 11th ,2013. I stayed for 9 days, and enjoyed my stay to the fullest. To start off I'd like to say that as soon as i walked in the door about a hour early from my check in time, It seemed like they were there waiting for just me to walk in that front door! Carl,asked if I was who i was, and i responded yes, I am Thomas. He welcomed me and my girlfriend Jesa to the Hotel, and informed me that my reservation was upgraded from my standard room to the deluxe room for free, that I reserved online through kayak .com. I received complimentary breakfast every day for my girlfriend and I who enjoyed our stay there to the fullest extent. Between the food they served, to the excellent room service food from the restaurant, to the excellent customer service that was provided at every second.The staff was so nice and made us feel right at home my whole stay. The beautiful grounds the hotel was located on was breathtaking ,not to mention the location was perfect and easy for all my needs. Housekeeping was great, and we had fresh clean sheets and towels everyday. They went above and beyond to make you feel at home. The advertising might need to be updated or clarified a bit about internet services is my only minor complaint. I was under the impression i would have internet in my room and this wasnt the case. There was the lobby that was equipped with wifi and the hotels restaurant had wifi too. That worked out very nice. Most the people I talked to were expecting wifi in the rooms as i was and this was probably due to the way its advertised in there website. Im sure the way they are always seeming to be improving there facility,that the wifi to the rooms is not far behind,but whats provided like i listed worked out very well for me as well . Over all my stay was great! And if your ever going to stay in Davao City,,then take it from me,,for top of the line Hotels,,The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases is the place to be! From the staff , to the security that was there 24/7, to the food,and accommodations , in my opinion,,this place ranks#1. I plan on returning within in a year from my last visit and im looking forward to staying at the best hotel in Davao City again,,The Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases!

Room Tip: I dont think you can go wrong here at all in my opinion.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas S

Reviewed 7 December 2012

It was a pleasant stay but i won't go back. I don't think that the price for the stay was worth it. We stayed in one of the suites. It was big and we had a veranda. Security wasnt very strict though.And the breakfast food wasn't enticing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The pros: Reasonable rate, safe location, pool, restaurant with good service.

The cons: Located a little out of the city center- you need a cab or trishaw for any trip to the malls etc., Front desk staff could be more attentive, breakfast was ok, but not great.

Overall a good experience-- my visit to Davao had been mainly to see the Philippine Eagle reserve outside of town, and I was able to do that. Although it is in a residential/commercial area there were mostly cyclle-tricycles near the entrance within a brief wait.

Room was comfortable-- There is wifi in the lobby, but not a busines center for those of us who don't have wireless devices-- In general the good outweighed the bad and I would go back if I return to Davao on another trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Greg48
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When we arrived at this hotel at around 11:30am, we asked if our rooms were ready and if we could check in. We were politely informed to sit down at the lobby which we did and waited for what we assumed was the check in process. so we waited... and waited. When we finally went to check what the hold up was...we were told that since they were fully booked the night before, we werent allowed to check in until 3 in the afternoon. We asked the concierge why we werent informed and he replied with "i informed one of your party" but could not identify which one. Slight inconvenience for the check in surely but since it was Kadayawan, we decided to just spend the time elsewhere until we could check in.

At 3Pm, to give them credit, some of our party was able to check in to only ONE of the rooms because they required us to pay upon check in. Since half of our party was still out, we wouldve appreciated this information earlier. being dead tired as we were, we just took the room that was available so we could rest.

The room... was horrible. There was hair on our pillows and the bathroom... good god...it was like someone was SHEDDING in there. We called the concierge to request for them to clean up but was told that "cleaning isnt until the next morning". We had no choice but to leave but thankfully they cleaned the room up a bit when we got back. Bathroom still had hair everywhere.

I should also mention that when we ordered a frappucino from their coffee shop we found black bits and pieces in the drink. "blender rubber" we were told. looked like mold to me.

all in all, i wouldnt recommend this hotel to ANYONE... not even someone I hate.
NEVER
AGAIN.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
11  Thank Puffs A
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was very impressed with the Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases in Davao. This is not my first trip to Davao. I have previously stayed at the Marco Polo and decided to try a different hotel for this stay. The rooms at the Ritz are spacious and well-appointed with a modern flair. The bathrooms are top notch including a rain shower with marble walls. All in all I would have to say the rooms at the Ritz to my surprise were nicer than the Marco Polo. The lobby area was designed very well with ample seating area and a strong Wi-Fi signal. They have a large pool and a good breakfast buffet. The thing I was most impressed with was the management and staff of the hotel. The front desk manager Abby and her staff were top notch and the Resident Manger Marilou De Ramos runs an exceptional hotel. All staff I interacted with were friendly and efficient. The rooms were clean and well taken care of. The grounds of the hotel were well kept. The value for this hotel more than met my expectations. For any future travel to Davao without question the Ritz will be my choice of hotels. I would recommend it to anyone traveling to Davao.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael O
Reviewed 8 July 2012

excellent hotel
in the middle of the city , but your are not noticing anything of the surrouding area rounds the hotel, a lot of green and in the middle a small swimmingpool.
only bad thing is that when you are outside of the hotel/resort there is nothing of shops, dining places, so you have always to take a taxi to one of the big malls ( three of them are only. 10 min away)

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lenie
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Me and my family decided to try check in at this hotel. It used to be just "Garden Oases" which is known for conventions, weddings, swimming, and basketball of course. But when they transformed this to a hotel, we got curious. When I came back from Davao, I decided to bring my family here and give it a try. Yes it's the same old Garden Oases we used to know when we were young, but it gave us a different taste. The staff were accommodating. Lobby was exquisite and the rooms are spacious, clean, and breakfast was sumptuous! They improved their pool but they have to maintain the shower areas near it. I think this hotel has so much to offer in the future, an expansion maybe?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family