“GRATEFUL STAY!”

The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
Ranked #13 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 20 April 2013

It is my first time staying in this hotel. I was very pleased with the location and impressed by its service. It is very near to shopping centers. The staff are friendly and accomodating. the room is clean and have comfortable beds. The price is excellent. I' d definitely go back again with family...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is a decent place, but can be ruined by one rude front desk woman. The restaurant that is on the property was a pleasant surprise. We had a small amount of laundry, that would have cost about 70 pesos to launder. They asked us if we would like a rush, the cost is double. So we thought with a hotel price it would be 250-350 pesos. Well they never gave it to us, until checkout. The price....1,380 pesos. I said we never received our rush, but the front desk witch said she was too busy to get it to us. Told me to sit down and wait to see if they will remove rush price. After about 30 minutes she said I must pay for the rush I never received. It shows no matter how good ones businesses is, a bad employee can ruin it for you....I won't talk about her demeanor....I am a gentleman.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank DACMinneapolis
Reviewed 4 February 2013

If you're in and out of Davao, then this is a fairly decent place to stay. Relatively new with friendly staff, it is tucked away from the bustle of the city. The rooms are clean and large but a bit too utilitarian for my taste. They give you only 1 pillow and an additional one will cost you about P50 more (about $1.20). I had to call housekeeping twice for the extra pillow to be brought in. The bathrooms are a bit weird, with the wash basin located outside. If you're in the city for business as I was, this is okay. Fairly priced with a generous breakfast thrown in. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a garden view
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank AyiManila
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I arrived at the Ritz hotel on January 11th ,2013. I stayed for 9 days, and enjoyed my stay to the fullest. To start off I'd like to say that as soon as i walked in the door about a hour early from my check in time, It seemed like they were there waiting for just me to walk in that front door! Carl,asked if I was who i was, and i responded yes, I am Thomas. He welcomed me and my girlfriend Jesa to the Hotel, and informed me that my reservation was upgraded from my standard room to the deluxe room for free, that I reserved online through kayak .com. I received complimentary breakfast every day for my girlfriend and I who enjoyed our stay there to the fullest extent. Between the food they served, to the excellent room service food from the restaurant, to the excellent customer service that was provided at every second.The staff was so nice and made us feel right at home my whole stay. The beautiful grounds the hotel was located on was breathtaking ,not to mention the location was perfect and easy for all my needs. Housekeeping was great, and we had fresh clean sheets and towels everyday. They went above and beyond to make you feel at home. The advertising might need to be updated or clarified a bit about internet services is my only minor complaint. I was under the impression i would have internet in my room and this wasnt the case. There was the lobby that was equipped with wifi and the hotels restaurant had wifi too. That worked out very nice. Most the people I talked to were expecting wifi in the rooms as i was and this was probably due to the way its advertised in there website. Im sure the way they are always seeming to be improving there facility,that the wifi to the rooms is not far behind,but whats provided like i listed worked out very well for me as well . Over all my stay was great! And if your ever going to stay in Davao City,,then take it from me,,for top of the line Hotels,,The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases is the place to be! From the staff , to the security that was there 24/7, to the food,and accommodations , in my opinion,,this place ranks#1. I plan on returning within in a year from my last visit and im looking forward to staying at the best hotel in Davao City again,,The Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases!

Room Tip: I dont think you can go wrong here at all in my opinion.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed 7 December 2012

It was a pleasant stay but i won't go back. I don't think that the price for the stay was worth it. We stayed in one of the suites. It was big and we had a veranda. Security wasnt very strict though.And the breakfast food wasn't enticing.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The pros: Reasonable rate, safe location, pool, restaurant with good service.

The cons: Located a little out of the city center- you need a cab or trishaw for any trip to the malls etc., Front desk staff could be more attentive, breakfast was ok, but not great.

Overall a good experience-- my visit to Davao had been mainly to see the Philippine Eagle reserve outside of town, and I was able to do that. Although it is in a residential/commercial area there were mostly cyclle-tricycles near the entrance within a brief wait.

Room was comfortable-- There is wifi in the lobby, but not a busines center for those of us who don't have wireless devices-- In general the good outweighed the bad and I would go back if I return to Davao on another trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Greg48
Reviewed 19 August 2012

When we arrived at this hotel at around 11:30am, we asked if our rooms were ready and if we could check in. We were politely informed to sit down at the lobby which we did and waited for what we assumed was the check in process. so we waited... and waited. When we finally went to check what the hold up was...we were told that since they were fully booked the night before, we werent allowed to check in until 3 in the afternoon. We asked the concierge why we werent informed and he replied with "i informed one of your party" but could not identify which one. Slight inconvenience for the check in surely but since it was Kadayawan, we decided to just spend the time elsewhere until we could check in.

At 3Pm, to give them credit, some of our party was able to check in to only ONE of the rooms because they required us to pay upon check in. Since half of our party was still out, we wouldve appreciated this information earlier. being dead tired as we were, we just took the room that was available so we could rest.

The room... was horrible. There was hair on our pillows and the bathroom... good god...it was like someone was SHEDDING in there. We called the concierge to request for them to clean up but was told that "cleaning isnt until the next morning". We had no choice but to leave but thankfully they cleaned the room up a bit when we got back. Bathroom still had hair everywhere.

I should also mention that when we ordered a frappucino from their coffee shop we found black bits and pieces in the drink. "blender rubber" we were told. looked like mold to me.

all in all, i wouldnt recommend this hotel to ANYONE... not even someone I hate.
NEVER