“Excellent service, clean and spacious rooms”

The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Excellent service, clean and spacious rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

From USA, Had 3 rooms for 6 nights. Excellent customer service accommodating our needs. They do not nickel and dime on you for upgrades and/or existing reservations compared to what we experienced in Manila. We had a party of six who were vegetarians. Very friendly and accommodating restaurant staff! Rooms were clean and spacious. They do not add on their cur on Taxi service. Request taxi and always there in few minutes. Always went out of their way to accommodate our needs - food, taxi, etc. Highly recommend and would definitely choose this hotel for next trip.

Room Tip: Away from the traffic. Any room would be great.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jai P
RitzHotel2014, Marketing Communications Officer at The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Excellent customer service is what we guarantee in every guest that we have whether you are a foreigner or a local tourists. It is our job to cater all your needs excellently the moment you entered our hotel premises and we don't expect something in return. Your good feedback is more than any nickel or dime. Our staff were trained to make sure that each guest will be accomodated well in all their needs. We are glad that you and your companions were happy in your stay and were all satisfied with our food served on the Oases Restaurant. Looking forward to see you again the sonnest and wish to have your friends and other relatives too.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Indonesian first
Brussel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one night during a stay in Davao. It turned out that booking via one of the well known booking sites (Agoda) was much cheaper than booking directly.
Room is spacious and clean. The only comment is that I had to go to the reception desk when retiring to bed, after a failed mission to find a switch to turn off the light. It turned out we had to pull the bed off from the wall to locate the switch!
So, now I've provided you with that bit of information: nothing to stop you from staying there.
The hotel is in a rather quiet part of town: you'll need a taxi to get anywhere. But being in a quiet place has its advantages too.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HM1960
Cotabato City, Cotabato, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Looking for the best hotel with function hall was my priority last summer of 2012. As far as I can remember, I've spent almost a month searching for the best place where I can book my daughter's 18th birthday. Of all the hotels I've visited, The Ritz Hotel impressed me a lot. The people there were so good to me, I'm well-entertained not only by the staff at the front desk, but as well as by the manager. They handed me a brochure regarding the debut package and gave me an idea regarding the function room where the event will be held. As far as I can remember, there were lots of offer in the debut package and one of these offers includes the accommodation of the room. I was given the chance to see the venue as the event coordinator escorted me. I was impressed because the place is just right for the party and spacious enough for the number of persons I am expecting to come. What's more is the room where we stayed after the party. It is elegantly arranged , cold and the bed is large, comfortable, with dim lights hidden at the back of the headboard, with a flat screen tv on the wall, very clean comfort room, with complimentary bathroom giveaways placed near the washbasin. Since me and my husband were so exhausted after the night's affair (which was enjoyed a lot by our family & guests), we flung ourselves on the bed and slept without any delay. So much more to tell but all I can say is that I regret nothing in choosing this kind of hotel for my one and only daughter's special day. It's so memorable and priceless!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Ma Lynette L
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

Ritz Hotel at Garden Oases is typical 3 star hotel with limited facilities but location is a very good place to live-in to explore the beauty of Davao City. An advantage to be in the city to start with adventure.

Room Tip: de luxe room is an ideal
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

It is my first time staying in this hotel. I was very pleased with the location and impressed by its service. It is very near to shopping centers. The staff are friendly and accomodating. the room is clean and have comfortable beds. The price is excellent. I' d definitely go back again with family...

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Minneapolis
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is a decent place, but can be ruined by one rude front desk woman. The restaurant that is on the property was a pleasant surprise. We had a small amount of laundry, that would have cost about 70 pesos to launder. They asked us if we would like a rush, the cost is double. So we thought with a hotel price it would be 250-350 pesos. Well they never gave it to us, until checkout. The price....1,380 pesos. I said we never received our rush, but the front desk witch said she was too busy to get it to us. Told me to sit down and wait to see if they will remove rush price. After about 30 minutes she said I must pay for the rush I never received. It shows no matter how good ones businesses is, a bad employee can ruin it for you....I won't talk about her demeanor....I am a gentleman.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DACMinneapolis
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

If you're in and out of Davao, then this is a fairly decent place to stay. Relatively new with friendly staff, it is tucked away from the bustle of the city. The rooms are clean and large but a bit too utilitarian for my taste. They give you only 1 pillow and an additional one will cost you about P50 more (about $1.20). I had to call housekeeping twice for the extra pillow to be brought in. The bathrooms are a bit weird, with the wash basin located outside. If you're in the city for business as I was, this is okay. Fairly priced with a generous breakfast thrown in. All in all, a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a garden view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business