“The service was exceptionally good.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases

The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases
Ranked #13 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Ozamiz City, Philippines
“The service was exceptionally good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2011

i went there like october of last year to visit a friend of mine. unfortunately, there was this renovation being done on one building at that time...so i never had the chance to see the final result of the hotel...but still it was good...and the service was pretty well okay...friendly hotel staff...which i think is really important in a hotel business...clean surroundings...green environment....so overall i give it an 8 out of 10...this is one resort u wud like to visit at davao...

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank fulong_wu
ritzdavao, General Manager at The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases, responded to this review, 6 March 2011
Dear Reviewer, thank you for taking a moment to write a review about your stay at our property. You are correct when you talk of the renovation back in October, however I am happy that you still found our hotel clean and friendly. I am very happy to inform you that the new building has been completed and is already welcoming our valued guests. We certainly hope that when you return to Davao, you will once again choose us and I am sure you will really appreciate the difference. I will be showing your review to all of our staff and use your remarks to help us maintain and improve the hotel. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz at Garden Oases for 5 days while visiting family earlier this month. The new wing was still under construction, but we were able to get a king bed room in the finished part of the new wing. It was a corner room that looked out at the restaurant/pool area on one side and beautiful bamboo stalks covering the hotel entrance out the other window. The room itself was beautiful and large, with a big, modern, tiled bathroom with a rain showerhead. The bed was very comfortable. The front desk and housekeeping were very responsive to our requests. And while they do have banquet halls on the property, the noise level at night was muted in the area, allowing for a restful night. Very good coffee shop in the lobby. Breakfast was included with the room, and was quite good.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alan48161
ritzdavao, General Manager at The Ritz Hotel At Garden Oases, responded to this review, 20 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feed back about our hotel. We are pleased to inform you that the new wing is now complete and ready for your next visit. I have printed your review and shared with all of the staff and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Manila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

A wonderful Christmas indeed, Thanks to the exceptional service oriented staff of the Ritz Garden Hotel!
I am a returning customer from last year and was pleasantly surprised to see how things have really improved over the course of a year.
The rooms are clean and very nice, The food in the restaurant is amazing and my absolute favorite was the seafood dishes!
I cannot emphasize enough how outstanding the staff was and what a difference this made to our annual family vacation!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Quie2ne
Thank you for your review. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your Christmas season. We know that there are many hotels to choose from in Davao, and we hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future. I have shared your review with the entire staff and they are thrilled that you took the time to write about us. From all of us at the Ritz Davao... THANK YOU
Metro Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2010

I just had my second trip to this fair city and stayed again at the Ritz Garden so felt it was high time to thank them by sharing my experiences in this forum. The Hotel is firstly good value for the standard which is higher than expected and especially in the new rooms I was lucky enough to get allocated into this trip. The location is perfect for me as I always like to mix a bit of sightseeing and shopping into my business trips and feel that this hotel is very central for that. I also like the Garden atmosphere and the peace that brings in comparison to a traditional city center hotel, more of a resort feel. The restaurant is more than adequate, not a suprise really when you see the facilites this hotel has for large conventions. its not something I myself have used but I saw a wedding party this time while I was there and it looked amazing, hundreds of people served with apparent ease. Quite an operation. Also wanted to give a special mention to the new Hotel manager there Barry, as a fellow Brit I appreciated his attention to my needs and his truly British sense of humour. Thanks everyone - I will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Helen A
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking the time to write your thoughts and feelings about our hotel in Tripadvisor. We are all pleased that you have enjoyed your stay and noted the vast changes that have been made. I am also pleased that you enjoyed our functions. I will be printing your review for all of the staff to see and realize that their hard efforts work. Thank you again for your time and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.