“Best bed and breakfast boutique hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Piazza Luna Tower

Piazza Luna Tower
Ranked #35 of 124 Davao City B&B and Inns
California
“Best bed and breakfast boutique hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My fiance and I went to Davao for Holy week and stayed at this place for 3 days. Based on reviews it is indeed the best B&B hotel in town. The good thing about this hotel is that it only has 18 rooms so the service is personalized. The owners are accommodating and very professional. They even booked our flight back to manila. Service is at its prime. I was even surprised why there was one bad review and the rest have been good. Clearly I had to settle with what the other reviewers wrote and i was indeed happy with my decision. I will See you again Ginger =)

Room Tip: Always book in advance to get the best room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank MD_Kaiser

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

This hotel is new, well-maintained and centrally located. You can walk to a lot of places from there in Davao or it's a short tricycle or taxi journey.

The family owners are very helpful and knowledgeable about Davao as well.

The hotel is a 4 floor walk up, so if you have mobility issues, you should ask for a lower floor.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Davao.

The rooms are a little small, but that is made up for by the modern feel of the place.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor to avoid stairs. Choose an upper floor to get a good view...and go on the roof...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank stonewithnomoss
Belfast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

The Piazza Luna is great, I can't rate it highly enough for the price I paid. Friendly owners and staff, high quality accomodation and a great location. Would return.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be high quality.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
8 Thank himselfetc
Pasig, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Ginger the dog, 'nuff said!

It's a very nice place to relax. I just came from a tiring and stressful week of work and Piazza Luna did a lot towards relaxation. Besides, is there anyone on earth who can resist Ginger's charms?

Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Chuck C
Hilton Head Island, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Planning my first visit to Davao City, I followed the TripAdvisor reviews to this wonderful B&B/Dormitel. I could not have made a better choice.

As the reviews have stated, the building is nearly new, the rooms are spotless and comfortable, everything is very secure, and the food is amazing. The WiFi was always on and east access in my room. A small flat screen TV was in my room with full cable. Cabinets and storage were built in and very solid.

I could go on to describe the facility in detail (and yes, it is well designed and accommodating), but I want to focus on the people. This family owned and operated business is the epitome of service and hospitality. I was met at the door by Aileen, the owner's daughter, who efficiently checked me in and even upgraded my room without me asking. Al, the owner, and his wife were there to greet me as well.

I was tired from the day's travel and didn't want to venture out alone in the night. (The neighborhood at first seemed a little scary when I arrived at night, but in fact, was quite secure and friendly and just a few blocks away from a busy business area including a nice mall.)

They have a charming area for serving the free breakfast, and I casually wondered if they offered dinner. While they do not normally serve the dinner meal, Al's wonderful wife went to kitchen and just a short time whipped up a wonderful meal for me.

And while I'm talking about the food, don't miss the wonderful breakfast offerings that are included with the room. Served up hot and delivered to the table each breakfast was unique during my three day stay - local recipes including fish, rice, eggs, vegetables, and fresh fruit.

They took a personal interest in my needs and were there at every moment to assist me in the most genuine and friendly way. The owner himself drove me on a tour and to the airport on New Year's Eve for a very reasonable fee.

The location is central to most locations around Davao City. I enjoyed visiting Samal Island (Paradise Island and Hagimit Waterfalls) as well as Eden Nature Park, a very interesting place.

It was my first visit to Davao City. When I surely return someday, Piazza Luna will be my home.

Room Tip: There are a variety of different size rooms according to your needs. B1 is large and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
9 Thank SailRick
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2011

I stayed at PLDD for a week in November 2011. My Davao visit was less than ideal as I arrived with a bad cold from my escapades in rainy Manila. Nevertheless, the management at PLDD made it easy for me to relax when my game wasnt at its best. All of the good things other reviewers said are true, so I wont repeat them. Aileen, Al, Norma, and the staff did everything to make me feel at home and help me attend to those peculiar needs that every traveler has (in my case, lots of hot calamansi juice and hot saunas to get rid of my cold). PLDD is located on a quiet residential street, whereas most small hotels in Davao City are located on traffic-choked avenues. At PLDD I enjoyed being able to open my window at night with the quiet and the fresh air. I should also mention that PLDD has CCTV in the common areas and a guard at the front door after hours, so it is very safe and secure. I do recommend that you print the map that the hotel sends when confirming your reservation, and give it to your taxi driver at the airport. PLDD is new and on a side street, so most taxi drivers dont know where it is. Oh, and unlike Manila and most cities in the world, the taxi drivers in Davao are very honest and simple, and wont rip you off -- just go, and enjoy!

Room Tip: I liked rooms on the higher floors for the view and fresh air.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank DJArnoldo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I am outmost critically inclined to cleanliness and the safety of the place where I stay specially when I travel wherever and whenever. Piazza Luna was definitely a cut above the rest. The service was very authentic and genuine since its a family owned business establishment. The staff helped me get around the beatiful city of Davao and what places needed to be visited since the offer day tours.The technology of this place is what also impressed me. For the price they offer, you wont even think that this establishment was meticulously high tech. Unmatched by even the big corporation owned hotels in town. From its perimeter and in house CCTV cameras, electronically card operated door knobs and electronically card operated elercrical systems of its guest rooms, high speed wifi and surround sound systems you couldnt expect anything else. I had a wonderful stay with Piazza Luna and it did make it on my to do list once i come back to the city of Davao. Thank you Piazza Luna.

Room Tip: Online Booking in advance since this place is sought after.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business