“You get more bang for the buck!!!”
Review of Piazza Luna Tower

Piazza Luna Tower
Ranked #42 of 126 Davao City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I stayed here last june for a wedding. I was surprised how far my money went. From their hi-tech key cards, CCTV's and beautiful clean rooms it feels like a 5 star hotel. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. I will surely recommend Piazza Luna to anybody who wants to enjoy and relax at a very affordable price.

• Stayed: June 2012
10  Thank Rob_ax1

Reviewed 12 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at his hotel. The hotel is located in a residential section of the city, about a 12 minute walk to Giasano Mall. The hotel is a boutique hotel, run by a family, and the family was really nice and friendly. The family not only talked to you about the details of the room, and what to see, but would also start up conversations with you on where you came from, and what it is like where you live at home. The family was very accommodating, and when there was a problem with the television not working in my room, they immediately provided access to another room where I could watch the television the first night. The family also quickly had repair men come in to fix the reception problem in my room. The stairs in the hotel are kept really clean, and I could see staff cleaning the entrance way and stairs everyday. There are also so many cheap places to eat on the same street and around the corner from the hotel, and I used to take turns eating at these various home run restaurants and trying the food. I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. There is also an internet cafe half way to Giasano Mall, on a main cross street, and half a block from the corner, which only charges 12 pesos per hour. Two sites I recommended seeing in Davao City are People's Park, and Samal Island. You can reach Samal Island by taking a jeepney down to the port, and then taking the ferry across to Kapultian beach area. On the way back, I took a bus which crosses the water on a ferry, and then I got a jeepney on the other side to Giasano Mall.

Room Tip: I like the rooms on the high floors, nearest the street, which are less noisy than rooms at the back...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank D0nald2010
Reviewed 20 January 2013

A very good hotel quite new. Rooms are nice and quiet, with aircon, hot shower, TV, good matress. It's a family business and they are so kind. Ask them for anything about the place and they will give you good advices. You can buy drinks and more at the little shop just near the hotel. I strongly recommend this place.

In the same street as the hotel, Luna street, you can eat at the Harley boulevard motor cafe, an american restaurant where u can find good food for cheap. The american owner is very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank leoj2323
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed in this dormitel with 2 of my officemates for 2 nights. The building is well-maintained and our room was cozy and clean. The owners, Mr. & Ms. Tolentino and daughters, accorded us with a very personalized service. The breakfast they offered was good and worth the price. We have found a friend in the couple and they invited to tour us to some tourist spots of Davao in our next stop. The comfort of the place and owners' hospitality and warm accommodation made us feel so much at home. We will surely return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank ManilaGirl7
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 1 night on our way to Samal Island for our honeymoon. After a 9 hour bus ride from Cagayan de Oro, the hotel was easy to find and get to from the bus terminal. It was an easy walk to Mandarin Tea Garden for dinner and we had no special problems with our stay. We would return.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Kentucky_Guy
Reviewed 7 August 2012

The building was relatively new and the room was spotless. Not only was the mattress and bed really comfortable, the amenities were basic and worth what you pay for. Wifi in your room, hot shower, cable tv, and friendly owners.

Aside from this, the dormitory was practically 10-20 minutes away from everything you need to go to. Bars, beach, parks, airport, etc.

The only thing that I can say against this place is that there are no decent restaurants to eat from that is within a few metres from the place but I can't really complain that much! Take a cab to Torres St (7 minutes) and you get all the restaurants and bars to choose from.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Cassie D
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed for 3 nights. It's a small, family-run business, not a full hotel, but that actually adds to the charm. Mr Tolentino and family treated us very warmly and never intruded our privacy. The room was small, but extremely cozy, perfect for those on a budget. Its unerringly clean, which satisfied even the most rigid of germophobias of my girlfriend. The location is actually quite good, as its near just about everything- the malls, stores, sights, and has a college-town feel to it as Ateneo de Davao sits just at the end of the road. We will definitely go back here again. One of the most restful vacations i've had in years.

• Stayed: May 2012