“Ok for the price but would not recommend”

The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Seattle
“Ok for the price but would not recommend”
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Spent 3 nights at the Pinnacle, Feb 13th - 15th. The location was good - Close to malls, restaurants etc. The complimentary breakfast was good. The common areas of the hotel were clean and relatively maintained, although they could use some updating and refurbishing. My main complaint were the guest rooms. The towels and bed linens were old. Although housekeeping came daily to straighten up, used towels were not collected and new towels provided. The shower curtain was old and stained. Room Ammenities such as toilet paper, tissues were not replenished unless guests called the front desk. We had to request daily. There was no refrigerator in the rooms. Since we were paying in cash, we were asked to pay for our rooms upfront (which I thought very odd). The hotel says it "provides" spa services, but in reality, there is no hotel spa area. Spa services are done in the guest rooms themselves.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a small window. Make sure you request a room with a wide window otherwise the room a...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JD1TRAVELLER

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We stayed at the pinnacle for 5 days in May of last year. Yes, it is much cheaper than Marco Polo, but you get what you pay for. I booked with Pinnacle directly through their website, a month in advance, with specific instructions to pick us up at the airport. We even gave our flight number & they confirmed the arrangements via email. Lo & behold they never showed up. Since they were fairly new, they did not have a number in the phone directory. I had to ask to use the computer at the quarantine office, at the airport to look them up! When I finally spoke to someone at the front desk, she said she would call me back. After 15 min i gave up on waiting. Luckily for us, the guy at the quarantine office, knew someone from the car rental agency! When we finally got to the hotel an hour later, there was no apology from the management or staff. The requested connecting rooms (we booked for 3 rooms) was not available. The kids ended up being on a different floor. We did not receive messages left by my cousin at the front desk. On a positive note, the rest of the support staff was wonderful and the food at the restaurant was good. But if I were to visit the Davao City again, I would not stay at this Hotel.

Room Tip: The hallways on the top floors in May 2011 were unfinished. There were holes in the walls with wire...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Flo_SA_11
Davao
Reviewed 12 January 2012

during our annual Company party last year, we had a terrible experience at Pinnacle Hotel, their staff are not helpful to carry our materials into their ballroom. we have to get people from our office to help us. they are just watching & I overheard one saying that they were not paid enough to carry things. (maybe they are underpaid, paging DOLE). we could manage that experience, the worst part is on the main event which is the dinner time. their waiters & waitresses are guarding their food as if we were DAPECOL inmates!! WE PAID P 700+++ EACH FOR THE BUFFET TAPOS TATAKALIN NILA ANG FOOD? ALAM BA NILA IBIG SABIHIN NG BUFFET? I would't be this outraged until yesterday when I joined an event held there, there goes the food guards humiliating each & every one of us..you see for yourselves there & come back here for your horrible comments..

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank pat427

Travellers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Stayed at the pinnacle in davao for 1 week, the noise level in this place is something else.
Just outside our room there is a nightclub which does Karaoke until 2 am everynight.
The rooms need refurbishing and guess what they dont have a fridge in the rooms.The staff are very friendly and the breakfast is included in the price, we changed rooms for the front of the building much better there but still the rooms are not good and no view at all only some one elses window. I would never stay at this hotel again pathetic.

Room Tip: Front of the building
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert W
Quezon City
Reviewed 16 November 2011

We stayed at Pinnacle Hotel and Suites at Sta. Anna Avenue on our last 2 nights in Davao. I came to know about the hotel through the internet. Our room costs P 2,500.00 per night. The hotel is relatively new – it was constructed about 2 years ago. The rooms are fully furnished. Apart from the bed, the room has a bed-side table, a dresser, a cabinet and flat screen tv. There is constant supply of hot and cold water.

The hotel offers massage services and has a pool at the 5th floor. There’s a free buffet breakfast for every checked-in guest. Standard check-out time is 12:00 PM; however, I requested for an extension since our flight to Manila is still at 10PM of October 30 – for this, we were charged half the room’s daily rate. We also availed their shuttle service to the airport on our return flight to Manila – cost of rental is P 350.00 for the car.

ATMs and fastfood chains are very much accessible to the hotel and it’s a 3-minute walk to Gaisano Mall. I would definitely recommend Pinnacle Hotel to travellers looking for temporary accommodation in Davao.

Generally, the staffs are very warm and helpful. What’s kind of off is that the front desk staff are useless when it comes to directions going to tourist spots in the City - don’t ask them where Eden or Crocodile park are, they can’t give you any answer on this. But, don’t worry, there are plenty of taxis in the city.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. You're sure to get your money's worth.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GeorgePudadera
Manila
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I suggested Pinnacle to my colleagues because of the glowing reviews I saw here on TripAdvisor. They came before me and told me that they (2 girls) were placed in a "honeymoon" room where the bathroom has one wall that is made of glass which enables whoever is in the room to see what the other one is doing inside the bathroom.
When I got there the first thing I noticed was that, no one helps you take your luggage to your room. And upon entering the room I occupied, it was dark! It had NO white light, I noticed yellow rope lights on the wall and very small yellow lights on the ceiling. Next, as you part the curtains, the only view you get is wall and pipes. The bed was ok, The blanket was frayed which caused me to get some form of irritation on my skin.
I asked the front desk personnel to give me a menu for the room service. It came after 2 follow-ups and 35 minutes after.
When the menu came, it also came with an over eager staff who was not content on waiting on my order but engaged me in a chat asking me if I was alone -- that is scary!
I ordered for what the over eager staff suggested "Pork Chops" which was worth P210 and mushroom soup. When I got the P210 worth of PorkChops it was one thin slice, rather smelly (the kind you smell from meat that has been in the freezer for such a long time), quite tough (I can't cut it with a knife!) and tasted purely of Maggi Magic Savor! Totally not worth P210! I could get a better porkchop from the hawker stands in Makati! The mushroom soup barely had mushroom... and it came in a container that was as big as a basin! The soda I ordered did not come with a straw nor a glass.
I was expecting a good buffet breakfast (silly me, I should have gotten the cue from the porkchop!!!) but I had the worst buffet breakfast ever! They said that service starts at 6am, but they started placing the food on the buffet table at 6:35am -- and they served corned beef with raw potatoes, fish fillet that had some parts that are raw! The fish fillet was very salty and tasted only of... you guessed it right! Maggi Magic Savor! I also got their fried rice but it did not taste fried... it tasted like boiled rice with... one more time with emphasis... Maggi Magic Savor.
I left by taking a cab and noticed that the guard asked the cab for money... wait! I got the cab by myself, I carried my bag myself and the guard gets kotong??? ayayay!!

Room Tip: Specify if you are there for work and not on a honeymoon!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank LGGarcia
Manila
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I think my fellow trip advisors who were satisfied with Pinnacle did not experience power failure while in the hotel. Wow! It has no generator working last Sept 1 and people were trapped in the elevator for some few minutes (@10 mins.) Whew! I know those guys would not want to be in Pinnacle the next tiome they are in Davao.

A fellow trip advisor speaks of a pool where he can do some laps...Wow! It only measures 4 meters in length! When you stretch your body you forward you should be returning back to where you came from. And, yes...the Jacuzzi is STILL a name...It is STILL not working.

And, there is no Gym yet...which has been adverstised for some time.

All Myths.

By the way, Davao City is very strict on not smoking in enclosed places. Go up to where the pool is (5th level) in the morning and you will see cigarette butts all over the place.

Sorry, Pinnacle should be a place where you experience peace and serenity...not worry and insecuruty.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business