“Business Trip”

Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Paranaque, Philippines
“Business Trip”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This Hotel is pleasant and homey ambiance, Service staff are friendly and they try to interact with the guest. service is pleasant with smile all the time. Food are great large serving per oder more than enough to one person.

Room Tip: Very convenient right in the city center.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank borgy2m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites is an average hotel in Davao that offers amenities commensurate to the amount you paid for. The rooms are standard and clean. Checking in is quite easy. The hotel is centrally located such that moving around the city is not a problem. Don't expect too much from th breakfast buffet. If I were to book this hotel again, I'd skip the breakfast buffet from the reservation.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank VincentRapisura
Santaana
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Me and my wife stayed at the Pinacle hotel June 2014 for 2 weeks, the staff was amazing , always anticapeted my needs especcial Diego the bell man, he was always comforting thanks Diego for your hard work, the hotel walking distance to several eataries and the Gaisino mall ... the breakfust buffet was superb as well included with room stay, the Pinacle very well maintained, swimming pool and whirlpool on the 5 th floor was very relaxing, the housekeeping staff also excellent bed was made and room cleaned everyday no complaints, again i want to thank all of the Staff of the Pinnacle hotel on there excellent duties during my stay with my wife, i will look forward to seeing the Pinnacle on my next visit,,, thankyou

Room Tip: Rooms on the 5th floor have view,, room 1031 also good view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank scoobySantaana
PinnacleOnSocial, Marcom Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Good day scoobySantaana! Thank you for taking the time in making a review of our property and posting it here on Tripadvisor. You're feedback is highly appreciated as this allows us to know better how your stay went. We are very glad that you had a great time on your stay and that our staff were able to meet your needs. It is imperative for us, The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites staff, that we make your stay as pleasant as possible. We are looking forward to serving you again soon.
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just the way it was described to us is an indication of what you would expect-- "the Jesuits are staying in this hotel while their quarters in Davao are being renovated." And if your idea of an enjoyable hotel stay is a small room, with very little natural light coming in, and a simple, barely adequate bathroom, then you're in the right place. (And you realize why they put the Jesuits here).

So it's certainly not bad if you've decided to forego life's luxuries and prefer to live a simple monastic life. Or if your company has a very limited budget and they just want to make sure you go do your business and get back home as quick as you can, because there is absolutely no reason to stay here and linger. It is a very practical hotel, and you can walk around the block and see a few nondescript restaurants (the row of hardware stores in Magsaysay Ave is just around the corner, and one or two Chinese restaurants appear in between stores selling paint and agricultural equipment.

It does have the advantage of being relatively new, and delivering a value for money proposition. There's a flat screen TV with cable (if you decide to be a bit more miserable by staying inside your room).

Davao itself has so much to offer, most of it outdoors, so this hotel is best for people who really just need to spend a night for business, then get out -- either to go home, or to enjoy the better parts of Davao.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank RoamAsian
Good day RoamAsian! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our property here in Tripadvisor. We value all of our guests' feedback as this would enable us to serve you better on your next stay. The property is indeed positioned as a hotel suited for those who are on business trips or to people who are looking for the best-value hotel in the city. We strive to provide what every traveler needs thus your feedback is a great help to improve on areas that we can. We hope that when you visit Davao City you again, you'd still consider The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites as your place of accommodation. It will be our pleasure to serve you again soon.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

First of all I just want to say I have written many positive reviews on hotels and I don't think my expectations are ridiculously high. Nor am I a snooty, ungrateful patron and there were - a select few - positive attributes to this hotel. See below.

I stayed at the Pinnacle Hotel and Suites for 6 nights and it was a hellish experience. We originally planned to stay at the Seda hotel but as there was a doctors conference on in Davao at the time and we didn't have a choice. I had read a lot of negative reviews on Trip Advisor about the establishment and once again the T.A. community were accurate.

My room was ugly; I had a view of a cement wall and some dirty pipes (room 924), the air conditioner rattled, the bed was adequate, the bathroom was horrid and was more like a budget backpackers hostel as opposed to a 3.5 star hotel. And the cable TV only worked intermittently.

Then there was the issue of having no safety deposit box in the room and being forced to leaving your valuables unlocked and at the mercy of the - thankfully wonderful - room attendants. Although there were safety deposit boxes down in reception, they were really small and couldn't fit a laptop or computer.

They falsely advertise having a 'gym'. It's a minute prison cell like room, without a treadmill and only one piece of training equipment. And the AC is never on so basically it's for show and nobody ever uses it.

I broke a cup and they charged me 100php. I asked for a bottle of water to be brought up to my room and they said they would charge me for it; Way to please your customers.

Next issue; Davao has brown outs (no electricity for 6 hours each day) and one of the Pinnacles generators is out-of-order. This resulted in the power shutting off intermittently throughout the day. If it were a 2 star hotel - sure thing - but a three and half star establishment? What a joke. I quizzed the hotel manager on this and he said it was going to take 45 days to repair! When the brown outs were occurring I went to the pool - which was out of order also. There plenty of sweaty hours.

When I raised all my concerns on my last day at the Pinnacle. He just smiled and nodded; he never asked for my name or my room number and I may as well have just suffered in silence and saved my breath.

The breakfast was adequate (put generously) but the staff were on the money, and when there were 0 vegetarian options Mervin (the F&B manager) was only too happy to whip up some stir-fried vegetables. In general the restaurant staff were great.

The only other redeeming feature of the hotel was Eliza and Juliet, the security officers guarding the entrance. Their friendly disposition and smiles were so appreciated in an otherwise woeful establishment.

If this hotel was classified as 2 star I would have no issues. But because of their rating they deserve this review. Probably worse.

Do yourself a favour and stay away from this place at all costs.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank soxybrown
PinnacleOnSocial, Marcom Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Good day Mr. soxybrown! Thank you for taking the time and making an effort to leave a review of our property here on Tripadvisor. It is always a great thing for us to hear from our guests on how their experience was while staying with us. We sincerely apologize if your stay wasn’t as pleasant as you have wanted it to be but nevertheless, we are very thankful for those 6 nights that you’ve spent at The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites. The recent power outages in the city indeed severely affected our operations and brought inconvenience to our guests. The management is on the rush in addressing this problem and we are expecting that things will be better a few weeks from now. We apologize as well if some of our facilities have not been able to help in making your stay a great one but rest assured that the management will continue to improve our property. It is great to hear though that our staff were able to render quality service to you and have left a positive impression on your Pinnacle experience. We genuinely appreciate everything that you have noted as these would help us serve our guests better and improve our facilities as well. We do hope that in the near future, you would still consider giving The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites another try and we’ll do our best to make your next stay a great one.

Travellers are raving about these Davao City hotels

Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 April 2014

if you're in Davao on a budget, and you just need a place to crash, then this is just an OK hotel. The room is OK in size. I'd rate the bed and pillows a 2, uncomfy, pillows and a hard bed. Wifi is manageable. Bathroom is a definite let down. yes the hotel gave the basic amenities but I wouldn't come back. Breakfast buffet was small. I'm sure there are other hotels in Davao and this wouldn't be my choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SunsetLover0330
PinnacleOnSocial, Marcom Manager at The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Good day! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites here on Tripadvisor. We appreciate your feedback as this helps us know your experience in our property. We apologize if we weren't able to deliver what your expectations were during your stay here. Rest assured that the management team will look into more ways in improving the quality of our products and services. We hope that in the future, you will have a more pleasant stay with us.
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Booked the executive suite but had to add extra bed, as I was expecting 2 bedrooms but it only had 1. Facilities were great because it is relatively a new hotel. Staff were attentive and warm. They attended to my needs promptly and check in was a breeze. Beds were soft and comfy. Toiletries were sufficient. Breakfast buffet was average and had limited spread but relatively cheap (250/head). Jacuzzi was the best part of the stay and the staff was nice enough to turn it on for us.The only thing I didn't like about this place is the views from the room. Everywhere I looked it was roofs and streets. Other than this, I was very happy with my stay at the pinnacle.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
PinnacleOnSocial, Marketing Officer at The Pinnacle Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Good day! Thank you for taking the time to make a review of our hotel here in Tripadvisor. We've always valued how our guests think of our property and consider them as factors for improvement. It's very great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Pinnacle and we hope to see you very soon. We look forward to serving you again!