“new, clean, reasonable and nice”
Review of Midori Inn

Midori Inn
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The staff was so kind and nice.
They always greeted the customers and people who visited.

I stayed a single room.
The size of the room was enough for me.
But it would be better if there were a desk and chair.

The room was very clean and i was free from noise.
Sometimes i found ants in my room, but i think that it's a kind of Philippines style...haha

You can have a breakfast with free at Saluhan Restaurant (near from Midori Inn) or order McDonald's.
I always had a breakfast at the restaurant, so i dont know how McDonalds' one was.
But the breakfast will be not enough especially for men if you have it at Saluhan Restaurant.

The location is also good, so you can go to anywhere easily.
But it is inconvenience that there are no convenience store near from Inn...X(

Finally, it's very safe and reasonable price, so i recommend this hotel :D
I will stay this hotel again!!!

スタッフはとてもフレンドリーで、

次ダバオを訪れた時も泊まろうと思います:D

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank penchampion

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Great hotel, very clean, new. The staff was excellent! I was traveling with my son, daughter-in-law & granddaughter. The staff helped us with all our luggage, stored some for us. Everyone on staff was great. Felt very safe in this location.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stayed at room 405. Unfortunately, we were all too tired when we got to our room that I didn't get a chance to take a photo of the room before we used it.

Anyways, the inn was great! I've tried a lot of budget hotels but I would say that this is one of the best in Asia. Upon entering the lobby, guests will be greeted by the lobby, dining area and reception area. The place immediately tells the guests that it is a eco-friendly lodge.

The cheap accommodation doesn't align with the cleanliness and coziness of the place, specially the restroom. The room was just perfect! It was worth every penny.

The staff were very accommodating and helpful. On our last day, I even asked if I could take a picture of some of their vacant rooms and they allowed it with one staff accompanying me.

Another plus for this inn is the location. It is just a building away from Sampaguita Inn 1 and a few blocks away from People's Park and some restaurants. Being beside Sampaguita Inn also allows guests to have easy access to a cab since the cabs line up in front of Sampaguita.

Room Tip: The inn is a 4-story building. If you don't want to climb the stairs everytime you want to enter...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ap0lz
Reviewed 20 October 2012

A nice, clean and small budget hotel with no frills. Very eco-friendly place which suits me fine. Staff are courteous and friendly. The beds are comfy although it would be nice if they could put a light switch near the bed so one didn't have to get up to turn off the lights. Location is good. I would stay in this inn again next time.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lynell G
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Midori Inn is one of the newer hotels in Davao City with modest rates. Conveniently located near Davao People's Park, you won't find it hard to locate. Restaurants,popular fast food outlets and convenience stores are just of walking distance. The quiet location is also a plus an I did have a good night's sleep.
Their building is small, but has a contemporary and sleek look. I got my single room (breakfast included) for 1,100 pesos. Though a bit small, I liked my room a lot. Lighting was cool and relaxing. Furnishings were minimal but definitely of fine taste and the bed was large, clean and comfortable.
Their staff are courteous, helpful and knowledgeable if you have any relevant questions and queries.
I have to say that their breakfast was the not so pleasant part. You'll be given a stub to eat at nearby Saluhan Restaurant or they can order a McDonald's breakfast meal for you. The food was okay but average for my taste.
Despite the so-so breakfast. I recommend this hotel for it's great location, quality service and their wonderful rooms. It's money well spent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank vinox
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The place is really good.Still in the category of budget accommodation but with a modern appeal.Well,it's new.I think they've been around for a year or less.I like these new budget accommodations sprouting all over the country,they are chick and cheap.We had our room for 1,420 pesos.

Their rooms are a little small but the bed is really nice.Queen size,clean and soft sheets plus.Parang 5-star bed.I had a very good sleep. I noticed that the sockets are mismatch with location of the bed.
You don't have any table to place your gadgets should you have to charge em.

Midori Inn is a member of Green Hotels Association.Meaning,they have a commitment of serving and saving the planet.Water conservations,energy efficiency and stuff.

There is one weird notice that I saw at the reception area though.It says "we value the sanctity of marriage.umarried couples will not be accommodated by the establishment".Good thing they didn't ask for our marriage certificate coz we didn't bring ours.haha

I highly recommend Midori Inn,it's walking distance from the People's Park,actually around three blocks away so it's a good setoff point to any destination in the city.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank pusangkalye
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Stayed here with my then fiancee last Feb 2012 and I must say for the money the room was generally good. Clean and bright, however it was small with not to many cabinet. There was no elevator which was a non-dealbreaker but nonetheless should be standard. But the worst part of this was the breakfast, you have to cross the street to just eat the breakfast. But overall a good experience and a bang for the buck and the location was great, at the center of Davao City!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple