“Comfortable stay”
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Enjoyed staying in this hotel. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. Filipino food was delicious. The waiters and restaurant management were very attentive. Will certainly stay here again in my next visit.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jetters888
Write a ReviewReviews (1,199)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The hotel is a bit old, I still remember I stayed there a decade ago but it is not run-down, and it is well-maintained given it's length of existence. It still gave the classy hotel vibe, with clean, and spacious room, updated hotel facilities.

I found their staff warm, polite, and friendly, and their services quick to answer concerns, and questions by the guest.

I like the location situated at the busiest streets, and center of the city proper. I like how I can easily go out, and find my way back; and that I do not hear, and feel much of the busy city scene unless I open the window curtains. The view is something one can request for at the polite staff.

I would stay back here, and do a short staycation as it is complete with gym, pool, and food is always at it's best.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher rooms, and if you prefer a room with a view of the city streets, ask for one that...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank PinayTravelista
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Good
-awesome lobby
-a wide selection of buffet breakfast
-all staffs are great
-my kids enjoyed the pool
-very nice bathroom complete with toiletries
Bad
-waited for the room to be cleaned for about an hour though the frontdesk is very apologetic
-we have to park at the other side of the street because parking is full but at 10pm, we were told that we could already park in the hotel parking area but we were charge a nominal fee.
-no towels in the room. after 5 times calling the attention of housekeeping, the towels was delivered to our room at 11pm though they were so apologetic
-no cable tv from 6am to 9am.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ashly999
Reviewed 16 February 2014

From the pick up at the airport to the polite welcome at the front desk, I knew this was going to be a great stay. The lobby is beautiful, the rooms feature state of the art technology, and the hotel is has a great vacation. They told me everything in the minibar was free. I couldn't believe this and had to verify it twice before I started my raid and binge. The concierge was very helpful. Roomservice was quick and efficient, though a bit pricy. The pool and gym were state of the art. No wonder the hotel was sold out my last 2 nights and I had to stay at a different hotel. Amazing. THE VALUE IS UNBEATABLE FOR A SOLID FIVE STAR HOTEL.

Room Tip: I think they all would be excellent. I like higher rooms. One side features a view of the harbor, th...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank trainerstone
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel many times. And no matter how many hotels the build in Davao our loyalty is in this hotel. Accommodation, food and drinks, cleanliness and hotel stuff are amazing. They know us and our family we always feel that "warm welcome" to us! We truly and heartily had a great every experience of our stay.

Room Tip: 4th and Executive floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Came to Davao for both work and a little sightseeing and was told this was still the better place to stay in spite of newer hotels. The room had a great view of the mountains, was of good size and clean. The towels were especially fluffy which I liked and the queen bed had two kinds of pillows. The tub had a few places which were peeling (the shower was in the tub) but the bathroom was very clean.

Last night we had to order room service because, apparently, local restaurants close earlier than 10pm and we'd gone around the city looking for a place to eat but didn't want to end up in Manila restaurant chains. I ordered a seafood ramen which tasted more like a Chinese noodle soup and my husband had the tonkatsu which was way plentiful. Spent P735 on room service which could have fed 4 people.

Breakfast felt more like lunch as they had a lot of salads and roasted chicken and potatoes! They have a very extensive spread which goes around the cafe. I went to only one part until my husband discovered the other area where they had the yogurts and waffles and mueslis and oatmeal. I had bread and cheese goat cheese every morning which is great since I do not usually see goat cheese at a breakfast spread.

The staff were very helpful and the concierge even offered to do our departure flight check-in.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

You'd be hard pressed to find a much cheaper five star hotel anywhere in the world, but this is Mindanao. Marco Polo is the best hotel in Davao and great value. The rooms are a little small, but who could complain for the money. The breakfast buffet was excellent and as the title of the review suggests, included some terrific Dangit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business