“Luxury Hotel”
Review of Marco Polo Davao

Marco Polo Davao
Ranked #5 of 53 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 19 May 2014

You get what you pay for. Stayed in the Club Suite for a Business Trip, the room was big and spacious. They even have a desktop computer you can use if ever you forgot to bring your laptop. Although wifi is not free and you have to rent to get access. If you are staying in a Suite, you get access to the 23rd floor lounge. Had breakfast here and it's really private because there were very few people having breakfast. The selection was also good. I just don't know how this compares to the regular breakfast buffet that they have.

Only problem we had with them was that days before our stay we already informed the hotel that we will be checking in early and to make our rooms available. They confirmed that they can do that but when we arrived, rooms were not ready yet and they needed a minimum of 2 hours to fix it.

Also, the hot shower wasn't working well. It shifts from really hot to really cold and their water supply really needs to be fixed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leighnie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Spent a couple of days meeting up with freinds in Davao, and very happy with the choice of the MP, even though there is some renervation under way the staff are very good and nothing is too much troible, the food of a good quality and the pool seals the deal.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeeEss23
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed there with family for three nights. Enjoyed the rooms, comfy beds but the hot shower wasn't working well. Their pool is okay. Breakfast buffet has a good selection but no dimsum :-) We experienced brownouts during our stay and there was a time that there was no elevator service so my husband had to go down ten flights of stairs to get out of the hotel but had a difficult time finding his way because the staff he encountered couldn't guide him to the exit! The staff were a bit busy during check in because the hotel was fully booked as we were attending a convention in town. They should have been more prepared. Some of the guests were waiting for hours to have their rooms ready. I was lucky to have our room ready when we arrived.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Simply marvelous! This is place is definitely worth your money! The pool is jaw-dropping especially at night, the food is superb, the staff is very attentive and friendly and warm, the rooms are luxurious, comfortable, very clean and well-kept. The rooms as well as the lobby, restaurant, and other parts of the hotel are richly and tastefully furnished and the guests that visit are note-worthy. I have ZERO complaints about this place, and, if you've read my other reviews, you will know that I'm one tough crowd to please. To have me at a loss for words and complaints means that this hotel is simply divine. Simply marvelous! Book now!

Room Tip: Any room will do- it's that good! :)
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have been here for the 3rd time and I always have the best experience in terms of service and comfort. The rate is high, of course. But you get the value for your money. I just hope that the wifi will be included among the free amenities or services of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014

How may reviews am I allowed to provide feedback to my hotel of choice in Davao City? One would think that being loyal to one establishment would create too much familiarity from the staff which would show gaps in service. On the contrary, each and every stay I have made in Marco Polo ups the ante - and I am not surprised. I have already given my reviews on the rooms, amenities, etc, etc and I am still very happy. However, no amount of luxury can top their excellent staff.
Each and every member of the Marco Polo staff is commendable: from airport pick-up/drop off, security personnel, bellhops, concierge, front desk clerks, housekeeping and waiting staff at Cafe Marco and the lobby lounge show consistency on excellent customer service.
My back to back trips last month saw me shopping more than I expected as it was the Great Davao Sale. The concierge offered to run to the airport to make arrangements for additional kilos for my baggage. I simply paid a very minimal amount with the airline and immediately got 10 additional kilos. All these very efficiently done. Good work!

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face the sea....and Ateneo!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Aveeno1991
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Location is at the heart of Davao City so it is ideal for business travelers and holiday-goers. Nice pool and services. Food at Cafe Marco is good with wide range of choices for breakfast. The reception area is elegant and spacious.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends