“broken shower”
Review of Apo View Hotel

Apo View Hotel
Ranked #44 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was heavily drunk and was afraid to come home in bad behavior. I decided to stay at Apo View since it was the closest hotel from where my friends and I were celebrating.

The beds were comfortable, but the shower was broken. There were no complimentary bottled water. Also, the television in the room is very old. For the price of 2,500 PHP, I think one can easily find a better looking and well-maintained motels around the city. Without the great hotel staff, Apo View can easily become a hostel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Apo View Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to visit Davao City & though I came here on business or official trip, I was so excited especially that APO View was the venue of our convention.

The hotel as ive read is a 5-star hotel but its grandeur diminishes due to the facade that needs renovation. The service is not that good as well as the food.

In fairness to them, its probably because the organizer were not prepared for the no of attendees who came to join the Convention, thus, sacrificing their quality service.

I do hope that my next visit to this hotel will be on pleasure so i can make a comparative analysis.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jeckli
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

The location is very nice. It sits in the heart of the city. The staff need to smile more and learn how to ! But with the age of the hotel it is nice.The breakfast in ENTRÈE is salty. From salad dressing, steamed rice, bacon to pancake! Not good with kidney problem and health conscious.

Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nasjo R
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Restaurant staff were really great and made the holiday for us. Always had a smile and a good morning/ evening oh and that never ending bottomless coffee. And then the egg station, had an omelette for breakfast on our last morning for the first time, my loss, was absolutely delicious. Room was comfortable, if not musty, but clean and tidy. Good venue for a wedding in the outdoor courtyard and in the reception room.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I need not to say more. There were little critters happily running around the hotel room we stayed on. The hotel has some good facilities like the casino, restaurant and function rooms BUT their hotel rooms was down-to-earth horrible.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Mia S
Reviewed 15 December 2013

There was some excitement among my staff at the thought of using the Apo View Hotel for our seminar/workshop. The pictures of the place were impressive, and considering that we wouldn't be able to stay at the somewhat more highly-touted Marco Polo, this felt very much like the next best thing.

The good news was, the place did not disappoint, certainly not as far as our workshop needs were concerned; the room we reserved was packed to capacity, but the participants all seems reasonably comfortable, and even though nearly all the seats were taken they were able to move around with ease when they had to during the activity.

The equally good news for me was that both nights I slept there, I did so quite comfortably. Reading a review right here on TripAdvisor I was filled with dread at the possibility of a room filled with mold; I suffer from allergic rhinitis and a room filled with mold and/or mildew could have spelled disaster for me. I was willing to go out to buy a Lysol spray can if I had to but as it turned out the room was as kind to my sinuses as it was easy on the eye, and even though I would have preferred a solo accommodation to the twin-sharing arrangement, I enjoyed two very good nights of sleep.The bathroom was nice and clean as well, and it was easy enough to figure out how to get hot water out of the shower, something I am not often very good at doing.

The highlight of the stay, for me, however, was the food. I'm not even talking about the dinner and lunch, which were pretty good, but the fantastic breakfast buffet. I enjoyed all of the available choices but I especially enjoyed the extremely generous helpings of BACON, something that has not been present on any of the last five breakfast buffets of which I have had the privilege to partake. Call me easy to please, but this was a very big plus for me. Of course, it also helped that the fruit served during the meals was always fresh.

The pool looked impressively clean and well-kept, but I had neither the time nor the energy to try it out thanks to my hectic schedule. I had not intended to rate the pool, as I did below by accident, and because I cannot remove the rating, I have elected instead to base the rating on my experience with the rest of the hotel.

I have a couple of minor quibbles; the layout of the building is somewhat strange as the elevators to the room are located rather far from the lobby, but I assume this has something to do with a new building having been built sometime during the hotel's history, without adequate consideration to integrating it into the existing structure. Anyway, this is far from a deal-breaker for me, and I have no problem recommending this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Davao on business or even pleasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 575, which was a clean enough room, though for anyone looking a view of the pool I...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed here for a 3D/2N business trip at a deluxe room. The room is spacious enough, with queen size bed, mini bar. The bathroom is clean with the standard toiletries. My only complaint is that the hallways is a bit dark and seems a bit creepy especially if you're walking through the corridors alone. It was raining during my stay and I tried to borrow a hotel umbrella, unfortunately they do not have a readily available umbrella for guests. I had to ask several times and complaint to the front desk before they lent me one. They said all their umbrellas are broken.

Breakfast is served buffet style and had a lot of choices: Filipino, American and Continental food items. They have a salad, omelette station, fruits platter, breads, cereals, and the usual Filipino breakfast fare and also the bacon, etc.

Room Tip: Book your room in the new wing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business