“Very good”

The Royal Mandaya Hotel
Ranked #9 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
“Very good”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Not a cheap hotel but offers real value for money when on sale.
Amazing buffet breakfast which is included in the room price. Rooms are well maintained. Friendly staff. Located in downtown Davao.

Parola Bar is nice though orders can sometimes take a while.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

It has a good location. The hotel staff were very helpful. I had a chance to stay in to rooms- standard room at the 4th floor and delux room at the 7th floor.The standard room had a slight unpleasant smell, I hope they will address this. I like the deluxe room much better. It looked clean and is more "updated". I like the long desk very much it gives me enough working space. The showers were modern with good heating system.i like bathtubs in general. Toiletries were provided in both rooms. My rating will focus on the delux room so I can focus on the positive.

Stayed August 2013
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This is the hotel I've stayed for many times over. Very good value and you get more than what you pay for. The rooms are good sized and complete with most of the things you will need in a hotel. The breakfast buffet has good variety. Internet available inside the rooms,

Service is very good - they may not be a 5 star hotel but they make you feel you are in one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RandellTiongson
manila
Reviewed 21 August 2013

This is my 3rd visit to Davao after staying at My Hotel and Home Crest and because of the Kadayawan weekend Festival, I looked for a hotel, through tripadvisor as well where the parade will pass through. Found this hotel and read some of the reviews. Upon booking this hotel via Agoda, I immediately emailed them with 3 requests- airport pickup, which was supposedly 100php per person/way which was cheap, gave them our arrival details, etc. Requested for a room that is located on the new wing, the renovated one. And also asked if they do provide late checkout and how much for an extension. They emailed the next day saying that the airport pickup is confirmed and that they allow until 2pm late checkout without charge. OK.

The day before my arrival, our flight was canceled so I moved my flight earlier from ETA 7pm to ETA 3pm and requested for an earlier pickup and again, reiterated to have us placed on the new wing. No response.

Arrival at the airport and no one was there from the hotel to pick us up. I called up the hotel (via my mobile phone which charges per minute) asking where our pickup was. They said they have no available vehicle. I asked why they didn't even bother replying to the email I sent. They said they just received the email. OH COME ON! I sent that the night before so it was impossible that they just received it. THEY JUST READ IT, not received it. They said it was the reservations department's responsibility and they transferred me. NO ONE ANSWERED!. Decided to take a cab instead with the same fare 200PHP for 2 pax.

Upon arrival, hotel was ok, security was tight. And when I asked who I should talk to regarding them not picking us up at the airport, and they said it was not their responsibility but the reservation office's OK.

Went up to our room and we were located at the OLD wing. A/C was leaking, room was tired and old.

Buffet breakfast was nice.

Jojo was nice.

Checkout was smooth.

Location was excellent.

Wifi is difficult to access since you have to request a user name and password everyday.

All in all, hotel stay was average. Just dont bother emailing them because their email support/reservations are hopeless, incompetent and USELESS!

Might return but will probably try other GOOD and EFFICIENT hotels around.

Somewhat disappointed.

Room Tip: Don't bother requesting for anything. They don't care anyway.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank khrise
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Within walking distance from the hotel are several places of interest, notably the Aldevinco Shopping Mall where one can find many local and imported jewelry, clothing items, and bags. Across the street from Aldevinco is the Ateneo de Davao. On the other side of the Mandaya, less than 300 meters away is the Casino Filipino, quite small but offers the usual slot machines.

The hotel is 20 to 30 minutes away from the arport and costs around Php180-200. Taxi drivers in Davao City are among the most honest drivers I have met --- their taxi meters are accurate and they will give you your exact change without you having to ask for it.

Don't miss the Davao City Museum, the Philippine Eagle Center and the Eden Nature Resort.

The hotel serves buffet breakfast at a very reasonable price, but my party opted for the a la cart menu since we did not want to be tempted into overeating. The food selection is adequate but you have to provide for a little more time allowance if ordering a la cart since service is not that fast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manila
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in recently at Davao's Royal Mandaya Hotel. The room I stayed in at the 7th floor was almost totally upgraded compared from our last visit just a few months ago (which was a different floor). I choose this hotel because of its price and good location for business travelers.

The bed, furnishings, LED TV, bathroom amenities all were upgraded. As a result, sleep quality is much better with the extra pillows, clean comfy sheets. Bathroom fixtures were totally changed, much better now. Wifi is available at the room and comes with a complimentary breakfast. There is also free bottled water & coffee.

I was impressed at how they made the bed when I got in after dinner, with some complimentary chocolates. Made me feel like it was a higher priced hotel, given that the room price was very reasonable compared to Marco Polo. Service is also good & they have free airport shuttles to & from the hotel.

All in all, this hotel should be one of the top choices for a business traveler's stay in Davao especially if Marco Polo is full or too expensive for your budget.

Room Tip: From experience, the rooms at the 7th floor new wing have been upgraded.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mike321ph
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed last year at Royal Mandaya hotel. We luckily avail their seasonal promo. The hotel have a very good location. We had a chance to walk around the city at night. There are various restaurants near the vicinity. Not to mention, the Casino is also 2min walk from the hotel. The room is just fine and have a comfy bed. They have a pool and gym. They also serve buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner. You should try this! The staffs are very accomodating. Thanks Royal mandaya for a mini royal experience at Davao! :)

• Stayed July 2012