“Budget Hotel”
Review of Hotel Uno

Hotel Uno
Ranked #18 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Room is small but clean and well maintained. The hotel is located near the popular destinations in the downtown area (including People's Park and Aldevinco Shopping Center). Their staff are friendly and helpful. Overall, if you're looking for a budget friendly hotel, this one is recommended for you.

Stayed here for a night (Fan Room - common CR)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jay E
There are newer reviews for Hotel Uno

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Room was small and just seemed very old. Had that old room smell. The TV would not work properly. Bed was too soft. I asked for coffee at breakfast as was given a cup of hot water and a package of some powder coffee mix.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank John J
Reviewed 24 September 2013

hotel location truly in city center, city hall, people park, museum, mall, and local souvenir center are in walking distance. Staff helpful, easy check-in process, safe place, and many people know hotel location. One problem only that hotel not
provide electric socket
adapter.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank muftiarifin
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I email them my inquiries and gave me a cheaper quotation which is not my intention at all, just that we will be booking as a group and would require a bigger room. When we arrived at the hotel the receptionist billed me the original rate of the room, then i asked who emailed me the rate then a girl approached me and admit that she's the one responsible of the email the reason she gave me which for me is totally not acceptable is "I've got confused with the room type because there is they do have same room name". i assumed they didn't read the reservation form I've filled-up. In addition the bathroom doesn't contain any doors just a shower curtain, oh at least looks like a shower curtain to serve as a door.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We were made to wait for a few hours when we arrived at the hotel. Thus, we went outside for a massage to pass the time. When we went back, were made to wait still. When we finally checked in to our room, we found out that the room has this subtle smell from the previous occupants. The room was very clean, but the CR doesn't have an exhaust fan, so the smell from the previous occupant lingered for a few minutes. We opened all the windows to let the smell out.

Our stay inside this hotel was OK, and we didn't transfer to a more expensive hotel because its flaws were bearable. The price was OK, and the location is excellent-- the hotel is in the heart of Davao City.

Cons:
- The keycard didn't really work, so we had to manually turn off all the appliances each time we went out of our room.
- They don't have a shower door or curtain, so the water splashed all over the bathroom.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The only reason you would stay at this hotel is if you want something cheap and have no personal expectations.
This hotel is based on the major road through the city with traffic flowing all night, so don't expect to get sleep.There was no hot water. The bathroom towel was paper thin and the drain blocked up as soon as the water flowed to it so you were left standing in water even once the shower was turned off. I hate think what was causing the blockage. There was no-where to place toiletries in the bathroom. There was no shower curtain to stop water going all over the place.
The sheets on the bed could have been tissue thin. The air-conditioner was a necessity, but was directly positioned at he head of the bed.
I asked for a hotel close to my office which is the reason this was booked sight unseen by my assistant. The ultimate joke was when I was checking out I asked why the delay, and was told they had to check the room! For what???? There was nothing worth pinching!!!!
And the internet was lcky if you could it to work at all. The 'restuarant' was not even worth eating at. This place should be taken out of any decent hotel listing to preserve credibility!
I checked out other hotels and moved as quickly as i could to another which was truly decent.

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you have little money to spend and are not concerned about getting sleep...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank OTJNOB
Reviewed 20 June 2013

The biggest plus points with Hotel Uno in Davao are its great location and its budget friendly rates.

However, there are unfortunately also a lot of negatives. Our first impression about their staff was not very good as I was standing in front of the reception for several minutes before the counter girl even acknowledged my presence. I then had to nudge her into confirming that I had a room already reserved. The then gingerly took my booking.com voucher and checked us in. Not a very promising start. Even later, the reception appeared rather indifferent to my coming and going.

The staff, though otherwise reasonably friendly after this experience, were not very receptive. The wash basin in my room was dysfunctional: it was fully clogged and the water would not go, and the tap had been switched off. I told the reception at least three times, and although they promised to send someone around, no one came to fix it. It was rather inconvenient having to brush your teeth and shave using the bathroom tap and getting your feet and pyjamas all wet. Later, I ordered room service dinner and eventually breakfast the following morning. No one came round to collect the dinner plate etc. but I asked the girl delivering breakfast to take the dinner plate away. The breakfast plate however was uncollected till the time of my check out the following morning. 24 hours the empty plate sat in my room.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo