“Nice mountain park plus cold swimming pool”

Loleng's Mountain Spring Resort
Davao City, Philippines
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 239 helpful votes
“Nice mountain park plus cold swimming pool”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Cool place for short vacation or day trips. Located in Eden, the weather here is a lot colder than in the downtown area. you can do a lot of things in this resort such as hiking, boating, biking, and even teambuilding activities.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Dibyne

Davao City, Philippines
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 160 helpful votes
“perfect to spend quality time with the family”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

I used to bring my family in the beach. We wanted something different this time around so I thought of looking for a place where it could be a "first" to my family. I thought of a mountain resort then. I didn't have any idea of what Loleng's would be like until we got there.

The travel was just about a quarter of an hour from the city of Davao. From Toril proper, we drove our way up to the mountains for about 20 minutes. From the main entrance of Loleng's, we had to drive through a rough winding road.

We got a family cottage. It has a small receiving room with a small TV, a dining area with a six seater round dining table, a small kitchen with a 2-burner gas stove, a small refrigerator and kitchen utensils. The cottage has one big bedroom with three beds.There are bigger cottages and a dormitory for big number of guests. One thing nice with the cottage we took was, it has a veranda where we had a good view of the place and the swimming pool.

Nice thing also is that the resort do not charge corkage on the food guests bring. The kitchen is equipt with utensils from pots to plates so we don't need to make orders in the restaurant. We brought food for 2 days so we prepared our food in our tiny kitchen That was big savings for us. There was also a grilling station near the cottages.

We enjoyed the swimming pool a lot because spring water flows continously from the mountains, water is so cool, clear and clean. Excess water goes down to a manmade pond where guests can enjoy boating. There is also a children's playground and picnic tables. White doves are everywhere in the restaurant, I enjoyed seeing the birds together with my kids in the playground.

I think the place is perfect during the Holy week. One can really get to meditate and pray as the place also have a chapel and a big cross is found on top of the hill.It's a perfect place to spend the Holy Week.

Only, we retired early to our cottages when night falls as there were lots of insects. That was understandable as we were in the woods. Another thing my family and I enjoyed was having
breakfast in the cottage veranda and waited for the sun to come up. It was amazingly beautiful.One can really enjoy a good view of nature.Marvelous.

However, the place would be excellent if it is maintained well especially the pond, the boats and likewise the docking area. The staff are nice and can easily be requested for assistance.

For travelers who would like to take a cab, the staff can call a taxi to pick you up in the cottage and bring you back to the city.

Visited March 2012