“Very convenient” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
Brisbane
“Very convenient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 5 nights in a suite and left very impressed. Regular readers of my reviews know that I rarely stay at anything less than a 4 star establishment so to be happy with a 3.5 star hotel is a big surprise!

The hotel is connected to the me SM Lanang mall which along with being close to the airport makes it very convenient and helps avoid Davao's traffic issues.

The drinks in the bar are good and cheap and the suite and public areas are well appointed in this new hotel.

Staff were friendly and little touches like the nightly turn down were appreciated.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Park Inn by Rad... s, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Davao, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Billichka,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Park Inn by Radisson Davao.
We are happy that you we're impressed especially in our nightly turndown service,
drinks in our bar, our location and our Junior Suite Room.

Once again, thank you and looking forward welcoming you again.

Arun Arora

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Indonesian first
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Park Inn by Radisson Davao is a clean, non-fuss business, economy hotel with basic amenities for travelers but is definitely not a luxurious type of hotel. They dont have shower caps in their toilet amenities and they dont change bath towels daily unless you call their attention. During my stay there I talked to their Front Desk Staff to tell them that I would extend my stay for another day which has already been paid in advance but despite making this clear to the Front Desk the night before, the next day they locked me out of the room by changing the code of my card key so I cannot go in my room despite my luggage still inside the room. Service is so-so... the hotel staff seem like neophytes and are not well trained for a hotel business. Security and Location is good though. The hotel has Scandinavian themed interiors and looks nice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Stayed here for a long weekend trip in Davao City and loved it. The hotel is right next to SM Lanang, and is connected by sky bridge, so it's very convenient to get there, even in bad weather. The hotel room was very clean and modern (we stayed in the Superior Room on the 8th floor). The AirCon controls were great since we love extra cold temps. The water in the standing shower was nice and hot the way we like, and the bed was very comfortable.

The breakfast buffet is not AS NICE as the Radisson Blu in Cebu, but is still very nice. They had a different selection each morning for breakfast which was very nice and filling. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

It's only about 10 minutes or 100 peso cab ride from the airport too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Cracky_ Bear,

Thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you appreciated your stay with us. Looking forward to your return visit.

Kampala, Uganda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

This is one of the cleanest hotel that my family had stayed. The location is the best, just beside SM Lanang. The breakfast was so good and plenty of choices. Our stay was worth it and we got a very good deal. Even though this is a very high class hotel but they are not very strict on the occupants....simply amazing and the best deal in Davao.

Room Tip: All rooms are very clean but the rooms at the back have a nice view of samal island.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scottie B,

Thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Davao for your stay and sincerely hope that you
enjoy your time with us. We are looking forward welcoming you soon.

Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked this hotel directly from USA thru their 1-800 number, it was very reliable. I was concerned of security risk at first that they asked for copy of my ID and Credit Card to be sent electronically (email or fax) to Davao Branch. I was hesitant at first, due to personal sensitive informations, but this is the only way to authorize charges when you book this hotel in lieu of your guest staying at this hotel.

On the day of checked in, I ask my dad, mom & brother (they were the ones staying) to observed carefully how the staff will accommodate them, and if their needs was well taken care off. We video skype, I was making it sure they're all comfortable and settled. They showed me their room, my family's comment/feedback was excellent.

They were impressed on how the people from the front desk did an extra mile to provide my old dad a wheel chair ( which I requested this earlier prior to finalizing my booking). I guess the reservation desk or the manager Jose Rheniel Jamilaren was paying attention to the needs of their clients. High salute Mr. Jamilaren!

For the staff of Radisson Davao(sorry I forgot her name) who made a follow up for my credit authorization, she did a good job by making sure the safetyness of my foreign transaction.

For the housekeepers(kept the room clean) and the servers at the breakfast buffet, I will give you credit for impressing my family with your dedication to your work!

All in all, the Radisson Group Davao, met my expectations. I would book this hotel in my future travels and for my future guests that will be staying in Davao.

I chose this hotel for its location that is conveniently located just beside the SM Convention Center and SM Lanang Department Store. I figured that since the primary purpose of my family's stay was to attend my brother's University Graduation at the Convention Center (april 9-12,2014), this hotel is perfect!

To the Radisson Davao Staff, from the bell boys, front desk officers, housekeepers, manager and other support staff...Thank you very much for making this hotel stay a positive experience for my Dad and family!

Room Tip: You can request for wheel chair assist from the front desk, they were all nice and pleasant. TAKE N...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Travel Condenast12345,

I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.It a real pleasure for my team and I to know you were satisfied from your stay at Park Inn by Radisson Davao. I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again while your next trip.

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Room-10, breakfast-9, location-8, staff-10, facilities-10. Only negative was shower (no tub) drain was slow to drain. Will stay here again and recommend to friends. Tip: join hotel club and get room upgrade.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cy Sison,

enjoy your time with us. We appreciate all feedback given and use your comments to improve the Hotel and Facilities.

Sincerely Yours,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice during a business trip: First night was on a Sunday, upon arrival in Davao. Then Wednesday night before our flight back to Manila. Hotel is located in the city, just right across SM Lanang (hotel guests have direct access to the mall through a bridge connecting them on the upper floor). So if you need to buy some stuff at Duty Free or any last-minute pasalubong, then you're simply in the right location.
The hotel has a swimming pool located at an open area with a nice view. Room has complete amenities, inclusive of complimentary bottled water. They don't use the mini-toiletries anymore as these have been replaced with dispensers set-up in the shower.
Food choices are not that many but decent enough. For guests with early flights, they also offer packed breakfast. Wake-up call is very efficient, same with the luggage pick-up.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lean T
Park Inn by Rad... s, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Davao, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Lean T,

I would like to thank you for having posted your experience at Park Inn by Radisson Davao and all the personnel is happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with your family, as this is our primary goal.

Sincerely Yours,