“And I fell in Love”

Dining options: Dinner
Davao City, Davao City, Philippines
“And I fell in Love”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I'm so happy that The Prawn House Davao is finally recognized by tripadvisor! First, because this is the best restaurant in the city and I was actually surprised when I learned that they don't have a lot of online presence, hence, I submitted their business to tripadvisor (no, I'm not related in anyway to the owners or any employees of the restaurant).

First, the food. They have the best seafoods ever! They serve prawns and crab, and they're really good. What sets The Prawn House apart is that most seafood restaurants serve good seafood, but all else sucks. Well, not The Prawn House. Although their specialty are seafoods, their beef and pork dishes are also really, really good.

Next, the place and the value. When I first went to The Prawn House, I have to admit that I was a bit intimidated. They have this expensive-looking table arrangements and I really thought the food's going to be really expensive. I have to admit that I took a look at the menu first, ready to make an excuse to walk out the door if I find it too expensive. Well, surprise! A platter of prawn was only around 250pesos and that's good for 2 persons. An order of rice is only 18pesos, and that's cheap for a restaurant! Recently, they started serving per kilo of prawn. A kilo is only around 500pesos and you can choose how you like it to be cooked - without additional charge! If that's not good value, then I don't know what is.

This restaurant's customer service is also exceptional! Their waiters, as well as the manager, are very friendly and accommodating. I make sure to leave tip for whoever is serving is (because it doesn't really matter, they are also very professional) because they have the best customer service in the city - glasses of water are refilled right away, plates that are already full of shells are replaced without the customer having to ask, and they always serve with a smile. Whatever you ask of them, they always answer with a "no problem, ma'm".

I used to work as a customer service rep and believe me, I don't get impressed easily.

Obviously, I'm very happy with The Prawn House. The reason why I'm making extra effort to spread the word about them is because I don't want them to close. I want them to be very successful here in Davao (the manager said they already have a branch in CDO) so that Davaoeños can enjoy their food for a very, very long time!

For more tips on going around Davao City, you can check an article I wrote about this beautiful city by going here: http://tropicalvacationspotsblog.com/the-complete-guide-to-going-around-davao-city-philippines-written-by-a-true-davaoena/

• Visited August 2013