“Love it, But AVOID the resturaunt!”

Malagos Garden Resort
Ranked #10 of 74 things to do in Davao City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Be one with nature and rediscover Malagos!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 6 October 2013

A wonderful place to spend the day. I combined the trip with a visit to the Philippine Eagle Center. Lots of wildlife, flowers and butterflies on display. Well maintained paths. Plenty for kids to do and see. Nice and quiet on the day I was there. After a couple hours it started raining, so we had to cut our trip short.

The place is especially good if you have young kids.

They prohibit bringing in your own food, so I would recommend eating before you arrive. Everything we ordered was WAY overcooked and cold when it got to the table. We were a group of six. Awful food!

They have rooms for rent also, starting at 3,400 PHP, but we did not examine them while we were there.

Will go there again, on a full stomach!

2  Thank Addicted2Asia

Reviewed 27 September 2013

We went to Malagos on a weekday in the last week of August, in the afternoon but we were told at that time that no guide is available. so we just help our selves in the garden. I am expecting to see a lot of orchids here, but its very disappointing bec very few and little orchids were there, however there are still nice plants in the garden although the garden is not very well maintained. This is also a nice venue for garden wedding. There's a small coi pond. The aviary is not that very much interesting to see but guests can still enjoy bird feeding. One staff of Malagos showed up at the Aviary, after a while, she is gone. Ostrich, goat, and some few animals can be seen here as well. We did not check the restaurant as we don't have much time anymore. Nobody informed us about their other facilities or services as if they don't need any business. If you are new in Davao and have limited time, you can skip this, just go to Samal Island and enjoy the beach.

1  Thank Nancy B
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I didn't stay in their hotel so I can't make a review about their hotel facilities.I didn't try their restaurant too so I can't comment on it.I went there because a good friend of mine told me it's has a nice garden and animal farm and I was satisfied with the flower garden.The orchids were in bloom and some other flowering plants.They have a nursery and flower shop.You can buy plantlet for a reasonable price.I love the flowers but the animals looks sick,maybe parasite stricken especially the ostrich.The butterfly garden was not good as well.I wasn't impressed at all....As what I've said I went there for the flowers and I was satisfied with it.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

This really was 'Fawlty Towers - Philippino Style!' Overpriced and inedible food! Dirty Rooms! No Hot Water! Security 'Patted- Down' my kids, just to make sure they were not bringing-in food! This place really is a 'Missed Opportunitý!' Evidently it is run by someone who once worked in a hotel! - A not a very good one at that! - Even the local Philippinos laughed at us when we told them where we were staying!

1  Thank BobSATWA
Reviewed 20 June 2013

I have not stayed in the resort but only visited the bird park.
The place is very refreshing and quite a nice change after a city tour.
The best time to visit the place is on Sundays. They have a bird show every Sunday morning which is hosted by the owner of the place. The show teaches the children to love the environment and protect the birds, especially the Philippines' eagles, but in a very entertaining way. That is also another great characteristics of Filipinos. They are just so much fun and creative in their way of education.
The entrance fee is 250 PhP/person and cheaper for kids if I'm not mistaken.
It's a paradise for those who love taking photos :)) You can't just help yourself because the surrounding is just so beautiful!

1  Thank Nhu_Phuong