“Its a nice animal park”
Review of Crocodile Park

Crocodile Park
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The crocodile park is actually an animal park. Aside from the crocodiles, other animals are on display on cages such as birds, ostrich,,snakes and monkeys. There are also stuffed animals on display. The crocodiles are still the stars of the park. There are young and adult crocodiles, small and big crocodiles. There are burger kiosk and souvenir store at the entrance. bringing an umbrella is a must for the visit as protection for the sun or the rain. There are no trees or shady areas in between cages. The park staff are friendly and helpful. Souvenir items are also affordable. This is an recommended for educational trip and for those who love nature.

2  Thank zenizen111

Reviewed 8 May 2014

For the price of Php 100 that includes entrance to the crocodile farm, butterfly farm and that Mindanao exhibit that we didn't get to visit anymore, it's worth the price :-) My kids enjoyed looking at the animals but it was really hot going around. I suggest more shady areas probably?

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We got here on a really hot Sunday afternoon just before 3 o'clock because info from blogs and websites say the first show starts at 3:15 pm and we were hoping not to miss any. But it was 3:30 pm and still no show has started, and we already toured the whole place, had a picture with the yellow snake and the little croc. Thirsty and hungry, we went back to the area near the entrance because there was a burger kiosk there selling croc meat and ostrich meat burger. But they conveniently ran out of croc meat and no bun so no ostrich burger, either. So we ventured in towards area with pasalubong stores but failed to obtain crocodile ice cream and civet coffee (no stock).

It was nearing 4pm and still no show, so we decided to go to the Butterfly House. The staff we asked for directions told us it was "walking distance lang, mam." He must have been with Moses during the Exodus, because the distance from the main park to the Butterfly House was walking distance of biblical proportions. And when we got there, well, let me say that the Butterfly House itself was smaller than my mother's shoe closet and we finished 'touring' the place in under 3 minutes.

When we got back to the main park, the show has already started with some cockatoo playing basketball. We didn't stick around for the other shows because we were already tired, hot, thirsty and hungry. We will just watch the shows on Youtube. We'd probably go back there the next time we visit Davao, but maybe after 5 pm and on December when the weather is significantly less hot and humid.

Tips for people who want to visit the park: Bring water, don't lose your other tickets (you will be given 3 stubs - one for the main park, one for the tribu k'mindanawan, and the other for the Butterfly House), and go there after 4 PM. Transpo is not a problem as there are a lot of cabs hanging about, and the staff will call for more cabs for visitors who haven't got private transpo. But there is no transpo going to the Butterfly House (croc-drawn carts, anyone?) so you'll def have to walk.

All in all our visit was a bust mainly because of non-animal related issues. They had lots of other animals (mostly reptiles and birds and 2 tigers) not just crocodiles. Other than the animals, you can go to the Riverside grill/cafe where they serve crocodile- and ostrich-based and normal-animal food (like sisig, steak, etc.). Entrance fee of Php 200 seemed expensive. And don't go to the Butterfly House - avoid it like the plague.

1  Thank Tj L
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Wow, the crocodiles in Davao are bigger than those in Palawan.....and we were there just in time for their feeding and it was really an experience to see them in action to get their food.....

1  Thank cristydti
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

I've been joking about changing the name to "animal park" instead of a crocodile alone :) You can see a lot of other animals like snakes, monkey, etc. It's also educational esp. for kids but I don't like to come back and spend another Php 200 for that...quite expensive.It's actually a package of 3 when you pay that amount, together with Butterfly sanctuary & "Kamindanawan"... ooopps forgot the name :) I just hope they'll separate the fee for each & not force to pay even if u don't feel like going to the other.
It will now be affordable to everyone esp. if you'll be paying for the others also :).

It's actually my second time, but the first was a free tour after our seminar. I don't feel like going inside anymore but have to accompany my family. I feel bored already, if only not for my lovedones.

1  Thank lani g