Grand Menseng Hotel
  • Room Service
Anisabel Suites(Davao City)
Villa Margarita(Davao City)
  • Restaurant
Red Planet Davao(Davao City)
Orchard Hotel(Davao City)
  • Room Service
Seda Abreeza Davao(Davao City)
View Hotel
LA Interline Hotel(Davao City)
View Hotel
Big Apple Hotel(Davao City)
  • Restaurant
Mamay Inn & Resort(Davao City)
View Hotel
All reviewswalking distance to city hallhotel is locatedpublished ratecatholic churchluxury hotelevery morningspacious roomhot waterbreakfast buffetbathtubexhaustlobbyairportcleanlinessfunctioninternetrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Grand Menseng is one of the oldest hotel in Davao. This may explain why their furnishings are not as glamorous as new hotels we have now in town. However, old it may be, but it has comfortable and clean rooms.
The hotel is located in the heart of the city, so it is indeed at the center of a very busy and yes, noisy street. If you are particular with proximity and/or accessibility to malls, church,banks, schools and commercial establishments, then the hotel is a walking distance.and it is safe to walk around the city even at night.
One thing I also like is their restaurant. Price is very reasonable.Food is good They offer lunch buffet for only P300.00 and their afternoon snack buffet for only P99.00 per person.
For a snack in a hotel at P99.00, it's really something one should try.
Hotel and office staff are polite and friendly, very accommodating to questions we asked.
Parking area though is not so good, hopefully, one day they would improve it.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2012

The Buffet for breakfast was ok, nothing special. Rooms were fairly clean, but no safe. Furnishings rather old. Lobby makes a nice impression, but the rooms don't live up to that promise. Only smoking area is out by the pool. Restaurant food was plain and uninspired. I'll be trying someplace else when I go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Addicted2Asia
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I had the chance to stay in this hotel last May 2012. The rooms are quite big but the carpet is worn out already, I had a good view of the pool area in my room. Located in the heart of davao city. Their buffet breakfast has no variation. We get to eat the same menu during our 3 day stay. My only consolation was they served kilawin everyday yehheeey my favorite! They need to change their menu alternately....Their room service was ok.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Irenearrogante
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The hotel lobby has a grand majestic look but i have a feeling of oldness in decor. We book thru their website and able to avail of their cheaper weekend promo rate @P1,800 that comes with free airport transfers and free buffet breakfast is really value for money.The room we stay is big, clean and with comfortable bed. Bathroom is also clean but with old fixtures. Location is not the center of Davao, but public transport are readily available anytime in front of the hotel. Just don't expect luxury and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay on a weekend and avail of their promo rate @p1,800 when book thru their website is truly value for money.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dom094
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Stayed here for a wedding as part of a group booking. Booking was for a room with 2 double beds as was staying with my parents. Ended up with a room with 3 single beds - or should I say two single beds and three stained, completely soft mattresses stacked on top of each other which I was unable to sleep on as they were way too soft. Requested another room even if we had to get two rooms with double beds in however the hotel was fully booked however they did put a harder mattress in the room and I slept on this on the floor. My brothers room and a friend who was also staying smelt so musty had to leave the door open whenever we were in there.
In saying this the room was cheap approx $60 a night and if you are on a budget the rooms, bathrooms and sheets were clean. If you are a budget traveller I would highly recommend but if you are looking for something a bit flasher there are better options.
The one thing I could not fault was the staff. They were helpful and courteous and went out of there way to help in anyway they could. Buffet breakfast was ok but get there early as the later it is they don't tend to replace items when they run out. We ate at the poolside a few times and it was good (not fantastic) but in saying that no complaints on the price. Nine of us ate there for dinner and had desserts and a few drinks and it was only $60AUD so for that price I consider it EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family