“Simple and clean”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Davao City
“Simple and clean”
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed on business for 1 night. The first room I was put in had obviously just been painted and I asked I be moved as no one could sleep with that smell. The staff were helpful and changed the room. A good central location near to a central mall and a basic clean hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Butman71
rajorolan, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Thank you for your review related to your recent stay in Microtel by Wyndham - Davao. It is gratifying to note that you found our staff helpful in changing the first room that you stayed due the newly painted smell issue. I am glad to know also that you found the hotel, simple and clean and located in an excellent location.
Thank you for your valued patronage of Microtel Davao and we look forward to be of service to you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Korean first
Iloilo City, Philippines
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I picked Microtel Inn by Wyndham-Davao due to previous positive feedbacks here at TripAdvisor and I was not disappointed. I stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay, my last day when I was in Davao.

The rooms are spacious and neat. The whole place is fuzz-free and quite though I know there are many other guests. I love its location, plenty of dining options. I think you can save a lot of money since you don't have to ride a taxi. It is also very close to the airport, great for those with early flights from Davao.

Microtel Davao surpassed my expectation, it didn't look old. Unlike other hotel, they easily show wear and tear after so many years. Thanks for the wonderful stay Microtel Davao!

You can view my separate hotel review along with photos from my blog,http://www.valcaulin.com/article/davao-hotels-microtel-by-wyndham-davao/4557/

Room Tip: If you need Wi-Fi, you can request a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
I am very delighted to learn that you had a wonderful experience during your safe and comforting stay in Microtel by Wyndham - Davao! Even surpassing your expectations, with its fuzz-free environment, neat and spacious rooms, ideal location and plenty of dining options nearby.
Thank you for choosing Microtel Davao as your choice on your last day of stay in your Davao trip. We certainly look forward to serving you again in your future visits to the city!
Zamboanga City, Philippines
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I booked a room weeks before our vacation. I booked the room with the 2 queen beds because I was traveling with family. I was initially very pleased with their rates. My parents needed to check in a day early so I booked an extra day. When my parents arrived with two of my brothers, we were told that a guest in excess of two should pay Php 750 per night! I asked why that was since they provided 2 queen beds and in all the hotels we stayed, they saw we were more than two but never charged us more as long as we didn't request for extra beds. I was expecting it to be the same especially that my concept of Microtel is that is a traveler's inn. The Php 750 they were charging per person included breakfast buffet. I asked if they had rates for the extra guests that did not include breakfadt but they didn't. I feel they should state this in their website about their strict policy on the number of guests allowed in their rooms. My parents were disappointed because they didn't have a restful sleep because the aircon was not working well. I had my reservations cancelled for the succeeding days and transferred to Park Avenue Residence Inn and Suites! Way better for families traveling on a budget.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer A
Microtel D, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
We appreciate the time you took in posting a review in Trip Advisor. We acknowledged with much concern the issues you raised during your stay with us. Please be assured that the necessary steps have been done to correct and ensure that these issues, particularly, the one concerning the room rate are clearly understood.
Thank you for your valued patronage and we look forward to be of better service to you in the future!
Truly yours in hospitality!
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The hotel is everything you'll ever need if you're just a typical traveller, or tourist I must say. It is near SM Lanang, one of the better hotels around Davao City, walking distance. And, it is located at the Damosa Gateway Complex where there are many restaurants, spas, groceries nearby. It is an arm's reach to a tourist's basic necessities - food, massage, bank, mall, etc.

The rooms are average but good enough, decent, and comfortable. Big beds and spacious rooms. Even the bathroom is big and clean.

The service of the staff is very admirable. They are very nice and accommodating. They are always willing to help, from security guards to receptionists. The place is full of happy and friendly people.

I'd stay here again for the hospitality of the staff and the location of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Microtel D, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
We are pleased to know that you found your stay with Microtel Davao enjoyable and satisfying, particularly, the hotel's spacious rooms, ideal location and services that we provide. Thank you for your valued patronage of Microtel Davao and for sharing a review in Trip Advisor. We look forward to be of service to you once again!.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Centrally located in Davao City's Lanang District near the city's hippest restaurants, and a few steps away from fastfood joints, making it very convenient for its guests looking for a quick snack or splurge in fine dining cuisine. Getting a taxi is also not a problem as the hotel is located right along a busy street. We also enjoyed our room, especially the warm cozy colors of the wall and the bed runners. The bed was very comfortable. Coming from a tiring trip from Samal Island, we checked in at 4:00pm and took a quick nap. We woke up at 7:00pm and felt really rested! The bathroom was very spacious and clean. Water pressure was excellent. Buffet breakfast was just average. Food selection includes fruits, cereals, bread, rice and some viands. I just hope that they place water dispensers on each floor. Overall, we did enjoy our stay at Microtel Davao and would defintely consider it for our next trip to Davao. Being located near the airport is also another advantage of Microtel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Microtel D, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
We are very glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found Microtel Davao's great location very convenient as well as the general cleanliness of the hotel's facilities. Thank you for your valued stay and for posting a review in Trip Advisor. We look forward to have the privilege and pleasure of serving you once more in your future stays in Davao City.
Waukee, Iowa
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great location. Restaurants and beautiful mall close by. Our late evening flight was cancelled. The transportation manager, Patrick, made special efforts to get us rebooked with Philippine Air Lines. Outstanding service.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank cjh46
Microtel D, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
We are very much delighted to know that you found your stay at Microtel by Wyndham Davao, above and beyond. The responsiveness of our transport personnel Patrick expressly manifests the guest-centric service culture that all Microtel staff and officers possess. You certainly can "count on us"! Thank you for your review, and we look forward to be of service to you once more here at Microtel Davao!
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We requested a pair of slippers and a glass of ice on the frontdesk where the operations Mngr was there. We are expecting that houskeeping will bring our request since that is thier duty but we are surprise the Ms Paula-OperationManager bought our request. Thats made exceed our expectation for Microtel Davao. And also Front Office Weena thanks for accomodating us. Breakfast buffet is very good. We enjoyed our stay in Microtel we will surely come back to this place or refer this hotel. KUDOS Microtel Davao!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank windell0420
Microtel D, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Davao, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Please accept our deep gratitude for sharing and posting a review in Trip Advisor. We are delighted to know that you had a very enjoyable stay at Microtel by Wyndham-Davao. Your stay experience with us proved that Microtel Davao's officers and staff are responsive and guest-centric minded, thus, exceeding the expectations of our guests. We value your patronage of Microtel Davao and we look forward to your future stays with us.