“Still Good”
Review of Lemon Grass

Lemon Grass
Ranked #31 of 718 Restaurants in Cebu City
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Still Good”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I eat here frequently on my visits to Cebu, the food is good and very tasty without being necessarily authentic or original, I would judge it as a westernised blend of Thai and Vietnamese cuisine in the same way that UK Indian foods bears little relation to the original..
Having said that, the fresh spring rolls and the green chicken curry are delicious.
I was there this evening, a Tuesday evening at 6.00pm, plenty of staff but not so many customers and I made a point of watching the waiters go about their business.
The initial ordering was brisk and efficient but thereafter almost non existent as waiter after waiter passed my table which clearly had empty plates and yet they left them in situ until I eventually asked them to clear. I had even pushed my plates away from my table setting and whilst the staff gathered together chatting, nobody came, I also needed to ask for my bill and wasn't offered the dessert menu so I didn't bother ordering.
This attitude happens everywhere in the world and yet is such a basic fundamental aspect of waiting. Staff require to behave like the Tarsier, swivelling their heads constantly 360 degrees to see if and when they are needed. So many waiters will come to your table and leave empty handed when dishes need clearing.
The group which owns Lemon Grass is a large Filipino chain and they really should know better and improve staff training for I do not blame the waiters.
When I asked if the bill included service, the waitress didn't seem to know and replied 'Yes', I left a tip anyway as they were charming young people.
I was pleased to see new plastic menu sheets, the old ones were terrible. The two fountains by the entrance were out of action, the right hand one in need of repair, no point in having them though if the water is turned off, they look ugly and spoil the pleasant décor.
Message to CL Foods Incorporated (The Laguna group) 'Wake Up and train your people correctly!'

• Visited April 2014

• Korean first
“Lemon Grass”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I love Thai foods and this restaurant is one of my favorite Thai restaurant in Cebu. Great food and value for money.

• Visited February 2014
Manila, Manila, Philippines
“Happy to customize orders, good vegetarian options, bad service”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

The vegetarian section of their menu has a few good options, including fried beancurd and red curry. I was trying to eat healthy, so requested two of the salads made veggie (they normally included meat). The waitress was kind enough to point out that the dressings normally contain fish sauce, and the chef made me a different dressing that was really good. The servings were quite small though (I was not satisfied after eating two salads). Also, they seated me in front of the kitchen area which was very noisy (staff constantly joking with each other). The service was also not very good (had to ask for water, then water to be refilled, then water to be refilled again).

• Visited March 2014
Cebu City, Philippines
“great food but slow service!”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

i Had launch with parents at lemon grass and the food was all great. Love the ambiance of the restaurant . But there were minor problems i recognized and it was thier service. Upon entering there were alot of staff inside the restaurant perhaps they were OJT's ( but i dont mind). Moreover, when we had our orders it almost took them 45 to 1 hr to serve our foods and we need to update them from time to time when will the order be served. It was a little disappointing since i saw alot of staff and i know also they were busy. But the supervisor should always make sure that orders are well taken cared of. On the other hand, the food was great and nice ambiance.

• Visited February 2014
Cebu City, Philippines
“great food @ affordable price”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

food are delicious and quite affordable for a thai nd vietnamese restaurant. When you are in Cebu, try this restaurant.

• Visited July 2013