“Great staff but over charged at the end of my stay and was NOT provided with a bill detailing charges”

Cebu Northwinds Hotel
Ranked #40 of 87 Hotels in Cebu City
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great staff but over charged at the end of my stay and was NOT provided with a bill detailing charges. As a result I disputing the charges with my bank. Good location, good price. Had fleas biting me...had to change rooms often. Cheaper to book on Agoda.com than w the hotel itself. Loud bass music from nearby woke me every day !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank newarrior

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Butuan, Philippines
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My family and I went to Cebu just recently because it was summer and we decided to spend out time there. We were looking for cheap hotels to stay in, that was also near the different malls and places to see in Cebu. We had stayed in 3 hotels in Cebu in our previous trips to the place and I can say that this hotel, is by far the second-best hotel we've stayed in.

We chose the Deluxe Room which was at P1,400 when we saw it on the internet. Booking the room was fast and easy as the staff was patient and fast when we called. When we arrived, they were willing to bring our bags in our chosen room (Note that not many budget hotels do that). The beds were made up and had that familiar "hotel" scent, the bathroom was clean and there were prepared grooming kits for us.

The breakfast is served in their Coffee Shop, you have a choice whether you want an American or Filipino breakfast which are either sold for P140. Since their location is near various fastfood chains, you can opt to have lunch and/or dinner in restaurants and grill houses nearby.

When we left the hotel, they were kind enough to get us a taxi to take us to the airport.

Knowing they are a budget hotel to stay in for a vacation, my family and I were completely satisfied with our stay and are definitely coming back next time.

Room Tip: If the staff allows you, pick room 205. It is near the elevator and can be easily seen when you go t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gabriel A
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 13 December 2013

for my last trip and last destination for business trip, i went to cebu, the cebu northwinds hotel is somehow comfortable and good, it is one the cheapest check in hotel in cebu, the place around cebu is so amazing, just a litle bit improvement to the hotel and its all perfect, while in cebu i became more busy to work, sleep work and outiside meetings. the room is neat a typical room in philippines.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Mandaluyong, Philippines
Reviewed 2 February 2013

This is typical your budget hotel. If you are looking for a relatively cheaper and average type of hotel, then this is certainly your choice. It is near IT Park and Ayala terraces.

Food choices are also available nearby and they are just a stones throw away.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ridvan B
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 12 February 2012

Like previous reviews, we can certainly vouch for the fact that the Northwinds Hotel is indeed a budget hotel . What the hotel lacks in up-to-date modern rooms, facilities and amenities are far outweighed by its central location to everything in Cebu City, combined with super-friendly helpful staff. If you're on a tight budget, after something central and only looking for a place to lay your head at night after being out all day, this hotel's the one for you.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
La Mata, Spain
Reviewed 11 February 2012

The room was clean although within a few hours I had become sick from the air conditioning. Like many hotels around Cebu and other parts of the Philippines sanitation and cleanliness isn't as good as it could be. I recommend a bit of washing up liquid and a good detergent sprayed from a bottle regularly as well as regular maintenance.

Anyway food was ok and although the location isn't exactly fantastic with facilities it is in easy access to Cebu city.

I won't use the hotel again simply because it has no facilities that stand out to make you want to stay there. It reminded me more of a conference type hotel rather than one for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LaMata-Matt
Cebu City, Philippines
Reviewed 28 October 2011

I'm in here right now with my aunt, uncle and cousin. The place is fine. The front view of the hotel looks good but not really in the inside. Their lobby has no sofa to sit on nor chairs. You gotta have to stand while waiting if someones else is already talking to the receptionist. PLEASE HAVE SOMETHING TO SIT ON.

Their receptionist are not too friendly. I had a bad experience and inconvenience with our reservation. While we are enjoying strolling around the city, I got a message asking me what time should we check out for the room is booked for another person. Ridiculous! I booked the room first. lol. I told the lady how inconvenient it is and that she has to do something. After exchanging text messages the lady just said sorry and that someone has canceled. Very Bad service.

Good thing there's internet. :)

Room Tip: pay ahead in full to make sure you have a room to stay
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family