“I'd stay again”

Ranked #66 of 90 Hotels in Cebu City
Hua Hin, Thailand
“I'd stay again”
Reviewed 15 December 2008

This Pensione is better than I expect to find in the Philippines at this price. Location is withing walking distance of restaurants, fast food, laundry, Internet cafe, Robinson's Place mall, banks, drugstores, etc., etc.

The only bad experience was with service for the free breakfast. If I went at a peak time when the kitchen was taking care of room service orders and orders off the menu (as opposed to the free breakfast), those taking the free breakfast got served last. Food came slow and it was occasionally cold.

At other times the service was below standard for a budget class hotel in the Philippines. 95% of my issues were caused by the sole waiter. I usually had to ask twice for water, the waiter never brought napkins unless asked, most of the time I had to ask for butter with my toast. The free breakfast always had a choice of one of three meats and half the time the waiter only mentioned one of them. There was a help yourself coffee urn, but I didn't find out tea was available until I saw another customer drinking it.

I give this place 4 stars, but that is relative to other budget hotels / Pensiones in the Philippines.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Restaurant service
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank ItDontMeanAThing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Niagara falls
Reviewed 3 April 2008

I go to Cebu every few years to visit in-laws & we always stay a few nights here. The rooms are adequate, clean, and really inexpensive. I've stayed in a few places downtown, and for the money, you can't beat this place. free breakfast, free underground parking, and the staff are really friendly & willing to carry all of your luggage etc.. And now they even have wireless internet at 100 Peso's her hour. (around $3.00 Canadian/USA).
It's at par with any North American days Inn or Red Roof.

• Liked — close to everything
  • Disliked — my stay was too short
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank worldtraveller1966
USA
Reviewed 18 March 2007

What a great place to visit, spent 16 day's 1/9/07 to 1/26 /07, went to meet a lady I found on the internet, and now she is my Fiancee and we are working on her coming here and being my wife, i stayed at the NS Royal Pensione House ( Hotel )in Cebu, and was treated like the president of the usa, the employees were great, we had an engagment party with all her friends and family, and catered by the hotel on the roof deck banquit room over looking the city, the food was great, we went many places, seen many things, if her visa does not get approved i'll be going back to stay.. ` Dave in the USA

9 Thank DaveAnMaria