“Value for (low) budget-stay (overnight) .....”
Review of Allsons Inn

Allsons Inn
Ranked #54 of 76 Cebu City B&B and Inns
Hamburg, Germany
“Value for (low) budget-stay (overnight) .....”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Simple, "clean" Inn, quite good/central city location, easy for walk and for transportations, Several "foreigners" have been seen as guests. No Restaurant (however, something like was noted ???), but many eateries are outside/nearby ......Appears "secure" ....

Room Tip: ... try to get lower floor room / for safety (fire) reasons and easy acces (elevator was not working...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank joachimtriebel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
London UK...
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights April 2012 Its a budget accommodation rooms have hot cold shower
a fridge, and TV. I booked a deluxe room on the top floor to avoid the noisy of passing traffic.
The Inn is locate at 129 Gen. Echavez St Cebu City, tel 032 232 1640 .
This Inn is undergoing major building work with 40 rooms being added so be prepared as its
an ongoing work during the day...
The inn serves food hot and cold beverages, but what i found about this place was that if you
needed help with any situation then the staff and who i later learned was the owner, really wanted to help you. I became Ill after eating a fish dish in the Ayala mall...The owner gave me medication and 2 days later i was in good health :) I would like to thank them for all their kind help and making my stay very pleasant.( I will stay here again ) its located about 10 mins away from the Ayal shopping mall by taxi and 15 mins from the ferry port and 45 mins from the airport..

Room Tip: If you are looking for a budget Inn this is a good place to stay its close to shopping and other att...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank peacfullone
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2011

I booked a room for a 2 month stay. I contacted them via Email in October 2011.

Jamie Craig replied to me. He was very friendly and we did some exchanges about prices and reservations. Then he said he's reserved a room for us for end of December to end of February.

Upon arriving in the Philippines (at another city), I rang them in November to confirm the booking. They said I don't have a booking. I emailed Jamie back and he said I had lost my booking because somebody else paid for our room in advance!!

If only he told me that a payment was needed to secure our room, then we would have done so. They are terrible. What's the point of reserving a room when you're gonna lose that reservation anyway??

I don't recommend them as you cannot trust what they say!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank dhaynosaur

Travellers are raving about these Cebu City hotels

Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I stayed in Allsons Inn for 3 nights in September and enjoyed my stay there. There is a 24/7 security guard that helps you get a safe cab whenever you need one and makes you feel safe. The rooms are for around 20 $ per night and include one meal (choice of breakfast/lunch/dinner) that is brought right to your room. The room is functional with a bed and small desk and even a tv. private washroom with hot water. the staff is friendly and helpful. the location is secure but not right in the center. however cabs are cheap and readily available. i would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank mla4ever
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 5 September 2010

We didn't book a hotel in advance for our Cebu trip thinking that we could always get a budget room for there are hundreds of them and since it's off-peak season, We were so tired from our flight and ourairport cab driver suggested we stay in this newly built pension house, he even had some flyers with him to show us the rates, We gave in and stayed in their double room just for a night so we could wash ands settle in, but definitely moved the following day. There are far better more places to stay in Cebu than Allsons. They say that the reason they are priced at such is because of the free breakfast that the room comes with, Also they are not a new place.

Bed was small- only two people can fit. Not advisable for couples travelling with a kid.
Free Breakfast - You can do better, Soggy fried stuff that tastes the same, probably all were fried in the same cooking oil.
Towels provided- You'd think twice before using it.
Toilettries- No toothbrush, just shampoo sachets and the two smallest soaps I have seen in all of my travels.
Check out is until12pm, Another catch I guess, of course if you are in Cebu as a tourist and busy touring around, tendency is you're unlikely to be back to check out at 12. So you'd have to pay extra on top of their published room rates, unlike in other place where it's at 2pm. we then had to pay extra when we went back from our tour. The guy in the reception charged us for the full four extra hours even if we checked out half an hour earlier that that. In the end I paid more or could have just spent the same amount in a hotel that allows late check outs for free or with minimal costs.

They surely must charge less for the facilities and service they provide. If you have money to spend, spare yourself from the hassle, search around and you'll definitely find something better.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anythingoes
brisbane, australia
Reviewed 27 February 2010

This place is value for money hands down. P750 a night (reduced rate to P15,000 for monthly) is a winner especially with WiFi, breakfast, rooftop, security guard thrown in. Location is not convenient but cheap in Jeep or Taxi.

A word of warning to singles who are dating - Guys & Gals. I had a strange comment passed to a girl i had been regularly seeing about my previous (female) guests in the month prior. Just be aware of this issue from my post and another post that if you find a "keeper" that your dating, keep him or her away from the lobby area. Otherwise, TOP STAFF, top Place to stay ... thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank asitejust4u
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 February 2010

Heres my 2 cents worth:
If you want to stay closer to the action (ie. crawling distance from Mango square) then perhaps look at a Ramos street hotel. This place is a neglible cab fare home from Mango and half way to Ayala (major shopping area) where you can also grab a bit to eat etc.

BUILDING: Newish building, i think less than a year old. Rooftop which opens for breakfast. Also can go up there to take in the views from the deck. *if only management put an outdoor table setting up there...

Rooms are basic but clean (don't like so much the colours eg. pink on one level, 5th floor is blue), views from room as well as roof top of course. Stones throw cab fare (c.40p to Ayala or Mango <US.80c). MONTLY RATE: Currently 15,000 PHP per month.

THE ROOM DEAL: includes WiFi internet (reliable), breakfast, 72 channel cable TV.
I paid 750PHP per night including above at the time of writing. A lot of the rooms closer to Mango square are that price (without those addons such as internet) upwards.

EXPERIENCE: hardly anyone - guests staying there... it was spot the traveler games all round which i loved. Loved the rooftop breakfast. If you want a hustling bustling hotel then this is not the place.

NEGATIVE: need a taxi to get to mango but cheap, can walk it if you want. No decent restaurants around, NO GENERATOR. if you have a power failure, thats it. You can get a backup WiFi card if its mission critical.

If you want a decent place to go to for food try: PERSIAN PALATE at ayala, mango square, robinsons (old mall) and Park Mall... great choice of Indian, Persian, vegetarian food (vegetarian being a rarity in this pork loving nation)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
#3 of 76 in Cebu City
Fuente Pension  House
Fuente Pension House
#5 of 76 in Cebu City

Been to Allsons Inn? Share your experiences!