“It's ok but not top notch”
Review of Anzani

Anzani
Ranked #4 of 742 Restaurants in Cebu City
Price range: US$6 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Nepalese
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“It's ok but not top notch”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The wine list was good. Even if they didn't had the wine I wanted for my food. The food is not as good as I hoped for. Extremely salty and quite bland. I will come back to see if some other dishes are the same. I work as a executive chef myself so I know good food.

1 Thank Mats A

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
“Dining at its best - World Class”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Many reviewers claim this is the best restaurant in Cebu, at least for high end European styled food. I would have to agree with them after last night's engagement celebration dinner. Our dinners were exceptional. It was so nice that the chef came to our table to answer some questions about the fish. We ended up picking the grouper because he said it was the freshest (local) and best on the list. But it is not just the excellent food that makes this restaurant special. The décor is beautiful on the inside and the veranda stretching along the backside offers great views of the hills and valleys below. Service was impeccable from the moment we walked through the door. Warm and spot on. A great dining experience.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Jamie M
Cebu City, Philippines
“nice restaurant”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

on the 4th of August I tried to make a reservation for dinner at Anzani as it was recommended as one of the best restaurants in Cebu. However, nobody picked up the phone and email was unanswered. So we decided to go and hoped to be lucky that there was still a table available.

When we arrived it seems the inside was fully booked but our waiter was able to have for us a very nice table at the terrace.

The atmosphere is great and the service was really an exemple of the great hospitality of the Philipinian people.

Something about the food:
There is a lot of choice on the menu card and we had as first course a mixture of European Charcuterie (Smoked ham, Mozzarella, smoked bacon and Salami) It was nicely presented but I missed some salat.
As mean course I had the lamb chops, taste was fine but the chops were badly cleaned and ther was to much fat on it. This dish would have been excellent if they had given more attention in the cleaning of the chops.
My girlfriend has the grilled marlin and the fish was fresh and good prepared. However, the salat served with it was poor.
As dessert I decided to take an Irish Coffee, and there is only one word for it: terrible, bad coffee, no taste of whiskey, cream to hard whipped. I would recommend to teach the barman or the waiter who made it to give some lessons how it should be made or to cancel it from the menu list.
The drinks we had with the meal were served all right and the wine lidt gives a great choice. I liked it especially that you could order really good wines by the glass, especially as my girlfriend is not drinking at all.
Great was also the bread that was served, very tastfull and a nice choice
In gereral we had a great evening and the food was certainly better then in most other restaurants in Cebu, but if I compare it with the food that is served in my country (Belgium) it was just up to middle class restaurants and still needs a lot of improvement to reach top level.
But even the food was just ordinary we had a very nice evening with excellent service.
Paul Van Itterbeeck

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank PaulBelen
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“A Great Restaurant!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This restaurant was wonderful. Very reasonably priced, excellent food with beautiful presentation and just outstanding service! I liked it so much after the first time, I went back favoring it over other recommendations.

Visited July 2014
Cebu
“Bellini/Anzani...if you are looking for a night of music and good conversation...”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We were looking for a place to hangout with live music and where we could still talk to each other.

We found it in Bellini's, the outdoor bar of Anzani. We enjoyed the songs performed by its resident acoustic singer.

It is great to laze around in their comfy sectional sofas and watch the city lights while a cool breeze played around.

We had their classic pizza...you should try it and some beers. Great combination ;)

The staff will spoil you too ;)

• Visited July 2014