Pacific Pensionne
Cebu Grand Hotel(Cebu City)
US$51
US$63
US$53
US$44
Agoda.com
St. Mark Hotel(Cebu City)
US$46
US$36
Agoda.com
All reviewsnearby establishmentsfront deskbudget travellersfree wifishower heaterlounge areatourist spotsconvenient locationfast foodsecurity guardroom was spaciousthe heart of the cityratesjollibeefuenterobinsons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Pacific Pensionne is a good place to stay if you are a budget traveller to spend some nights in Cebu downtown. I paid the normal very reasonable rate of only 850 pesos for a superior double room. I could sleep well in the clean bed.

Everyday I used the WIFI zone for free at the small resto which is also good enough to have a coffee and some water. For a good meal it is recommended to walk around in the area where you can find McDonalds, Jollibee, pizzeria, very cheap eateries on the way to Robinson's Shopping Mall (a 10 minutes walk only) with numerous restos. Just right on the corner you find a local bar to have a cold San Miguel Beer or a budget meal among the local people who are friendly. At the Osmena Boulevard the cabs offer service day and night. I paid 202 pesos for the cab from Mactan Airport to this hotel, but I paid attention to catch a metered taxi and did not accept the "nice price" offers (395 pesos) of fix rates special taxi services runned by an agency just at the exit doors of the arrival hall at the airport.

The staff of the Pacific Pensionne is friendly and helpful. They carried my baggage upstairs to room 201. There I found a clean bathroom with hot and cold water to take shower and use the provided towel, shampoo and soap. The aircon works also very good.

As the place is very economic I did not expect more than the basics to spend time there and have a good rest. So there is noisy traffic day and night on the floors in this hotel, it is not one of the calmest places. But the best management cannot educate guests to stop knocking at the doors of the rooms of their friends in the night and disturb other guests who are there to sleep.

The location is very central but the view out of the window of the room I had, was not worthy to look out there but okay for the price I paid. I could also use a tv in the room but I did not do it. And the hotel provides also phone in the room so that it is possible to arrange a wake up call. The table and the clothes storage look very old, but these installations are clean and useful. I could also make use of the 4 electricity plugs to charge cellphone, camera and laptop batteries and so on.

Last not least, the place is very save. The room door can only be opened with a badge and it is locked without badge in. The management took well care to create a kind of good ambience in this hotel so that the lobby and the environment makes the guests feeling welcome at this place.

I would recommend this place for budget travellers who want to stay some days in Cebu downtown in order to do some shopping and enjoy nightlife or take a rest before exploring other islands. I would recommend this place for simple single travellers and couples, not for families because it is not child-friendly. Before I came here I mailed from Europe and I received a confirmation within 24 hours.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Goddiejens
Reviewed 6 January 2011

It's near to everything. Carenderia, church, fastfoods, mall, the park. One ride to SM, Ayala and IT Park. But we were given a small room, and you can hear the staff talking to each other in the hallway in the dead of the night. Can't sleep well with the rectangular, foam pillows that they have.

I'd recommend it to anyone who's on a tight budget.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mikenmary0821
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Cebu is a great place to visit and relax. Whenever I am on a budget I stay at Pacific Pensionne. The rooms and bathrooms are bright and clean (this is really important to me) and the beds are firm. In the few times that I've been to Pacific Pensionne I saw workers doing paint works and minor renovation. This is a good sign for me because it means that the hotel is always trying to improve itself. But this may be a bit annoying to those who sleep in. The service is okay, staff can be trained a bit better I think but for the price I am paying this is a good deal. The free wifi is good too.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RossgoMNLBKK
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my husband last week and I found the rooms to be quite basic but adequate (a/c, cable tv, shower inside room, etc) as we spent most of the time out and about around Cebu and we were only in our rooms to sleep and shower. I like that they have free wifi in the coffeeshop and I enjoyed "hanging out" and drinking my morning coffee in their small garden beside the cafe. The location is very convenient as I could buy supplies and food by walking and i could catch a cab very easily from there.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful (they gave us a lot of useful information about Cebu as it was our first time there). If you are expecting 5 star quality rooms here, you won't get it but I like the warm and nice family-type environment and for the price that you pay, it is well worth it!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank frangipaniii
Reviewed 23 June 2010

When I visit a place, I always make sure the hotel where I'll be staying has a good location. It' just a few minutes of walking to the Fuente Circle and is accessible to all kinds of PUJs. The food is just fine but mostly are instant. The people are friendly and helpful expecially the security guards and the drivers. I noticed some crumpled papers on top of a table on the 3rd Floor, we were out the whole day and when we came back at night, it was still there until we woke up the next day. The bathroom is rubbish, there's no hot shower (I booked a room w/ private hot and cold shower) and full of molds. I would have recommended Pacific Pensionne, but I always require a clean bathroom w/ a hot & cold shower. And they dont have it...

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo