“Can definitely do better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Banyan Tree Spa

Banyan Tree Spa
Mandaue, Philippines
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Can definitely do better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

I've been to Banyan Tree Spa several times in their Elegant Circle Inn branch while waiting for my husband who was entertaining some guests in the Inn's restaurant. Though the service I get is good, not much can be said about the spa.

First, the cubicles there are so small that there is hardly any place to put my things. The outer area is also small with many massage chairs stationed within, it was difficult to move around. I'm sure the clients having foot massages there would want more privacy so they can relax better! Second, the charges for the massage services are more expensive. I paid more for a back massage there than what I usually paid for a whole body massage in the other spa I frequent (not to mention that this spa had better facilities and amenities). Third, waiting time takes a while as their massage therapists sometimes choose whom they want to service and you end up waiting till someone is willing to service you!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Starbrax

Gold Coast
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Watch your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

Visited this place very often, the raja hotel site, on my last 3 months in cebu. But on my last visited i had money stolen from my pocket. contacted the manager and owner, but they were not at all interested in my case. very unprofessional, very untrustworthy staff and management. They even had the gumption to not even dismiss the gay girl who was the thief. enter at your own risk. highly not recommended, much better and safer places around.

Visited October 2010
16 Thank swordofzorro696969
San Francisco, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“There are better ones elsewhere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2009

I rang the Banyan Tree Spa and they told me the prices quoted on their website were old.

try;

Thai Boran - near alpha suites on the road to Mandaue City; Clean, good massage at 150PHP per hour. Open 2pm to 2am. Happy staff and generally places available.

Yoga Thai. Very cheap near Park mall. Always booked, cheap and was recommended but could never get in as its always busy.

Avoid the hotel massages as they are generally expensive ... around 150PHP-200PHP an hour is what you should be paying.

remember to tip the massuer/massuese as i found out one place (not above listed) paid their staff only 20% commission!!! meaning the staff from 1hour got 100PHP for the day + 30 peson which is less than a dollar for an hour.
I would say a rule of thumb is 10 to 15% of tip, min. 50php... its up to you... depending on if your a regular ...

For a great combo price go to PARK MALL. theres a infra red sauna and massage deal there at a Japanese spa. its around 300php before 4pm (i think) day promo. The staff are awesome and the place is nice and clean. The infra red sauna is also really good ... ive been a couple of times (i cant recall the name of the spa) but its on the second level of Park Mall and is the only place with a sauna facility incorporated into its rooms.

You can also stop off at the Persian Tadoori if you are looking for healthy food options which is at the ground level of Park Mall.

15 Thank scumwatch
Richmond Hill, Canada
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Banyan Tree Spa in Cebu, Philippines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2008

You can't get better service for such great rates. The spa service at Banyan Tree Spa in Cebu was world class. You will not believe how cheap the rates are especially if you are from the US/Canada. I highly recommend the spa to anyone. Good job, the manager and staff were very friendly and professional. I really enjoyed my 3 visits while I was in Cebu

10 Thank richardY